worth it?

This is a discussion on worth it? within the EA Sports Active 2 forum, part of the E; my local wal mart has this marked down super cheap at $15 and seeing as how i have a "few" ...

Prayer Warrior

worth it?

my local wal mart has this marked down super cheap at $15 and seeing as how i have a "few" pounds to loose i was thinking about getting this. does it give a good workout and if i eat decent will i actually loose weight if i do the workouts everyday?

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Retired

It doesn't really motion detect, but it needs no camera!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I was actually surprised at how well it works. It's not perfect but the hard setting really does work you out. BTW, I got this for the same reason, saw it at wally world for $20 and thought I'd give it a try. Definitely worth $15. Only problem I have is that it only come with one set of bands and a second set from EA's website is $40. So if you want to get another set so someone can workout with you, just buy another package for $15.
    Credit goes to Wadefan1

Currently Boosting: GTA IV-Wanted, SOCOM: Confrontation, Resistance 2

Games Currently Playing: CS:GO, EA Sports Active 2, Beat Hazard Ultra

Games Soon to Start: Section 8: Prejudice, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, Kingdom of Amalur

Lvl 3 - Bronze

At $15 it's a steal as far as workout programs go, but I don't think it really works as well as going out and running or doing any of the other activities (i.e. mountain biking and boarding). Also, the band that comes with it is pretty cheap as I snapped it during the 9-week program, so you may want to have extra free weights available; I actually preferred the free weights opposed to the band as I found the band occasionally hit the wristband button and ripped arm and leg hairs (and I'm not even a hairy guy!).