How good is this game?

This is a discussion on How good is this game? within the El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron forum, part of the E; I am curious about El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, because the art design is rather unique and feel heavenly. ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

How good is this game?

I am curious about El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, because the art design is rather unique and feel heavenly. Can someone tell me how good is this game, and how it measures up with games like Darksiders and Dante's Inferno?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Personally, i haven't played either Darksiders or Dante's Inferno, but i just bought El Shaddai today and it is fantastic. The visuals are just stunning and amazing. The combat is good, and the story is engaging so far (mainly because i'm Catholic so the whole religious aspect of the story appeals to me).

Regardless, it's definitely a game you should try for yourself. However, i would probably recommend renting it first, as not everyone will like it. Plus it saves you around 90 bucks.

The Realm of Benjinovus - if one was to describe it, Ezekiel's realm would be the best example to use.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I love this game. It has a very Okami and DmC feel to it. The combat seems very simple at first but gets a little deeper later as enemies get a little more aggressive. Only has 4 weapons, but each provide completely different playstyles. Don't expect an easy platinum by no means. There are several trophies that are extremely hard/annoying to get. The story is great IMO. I'd give it an 8.5-9 out of 10.

KCCO!

Some good points being discussed here.

Yeah, the platinum is certainly not an easy one. There are a couple of rage-inducing trophies that make it a formidable plat, so keep that in mind.

The visuals are, indeed, stunning. The game seems like it takes place in a world made completely out of abstract art, but with a bit more structure. The colors are vibrant and each stage is uniquely done (although it does seem like they ripped off of some concepts from other works).

The soundtrack is certainly a 'churchy' type of soundtrack as you'll often hear choirs in the background and such. It does give you that feeling that you're battling in an ethereal realm so it's quite fitting.

Like Ozzcln said, the combat appears superficial at the onset, but it does get a bit deeper later on in the game as you have to time button presses with precise timing to perform various offensive/defensive moves. Obviously, there'll be those that want to button mash, and you can probably get by with that for the most part, but you can make the combat more elegant if you so desire.

I wasn't a huge fan of the camera since you can't control it, so you have to tolerate the camera views you get, which aren't always optimal, in particular for the trickier platforming sequences.

Overall, it is a mediocre game with a relatively difficult platinum.

PRO Member

I've seen and heard good things about this game. I'm looking forward to getting it as well.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|