Daedric Quest Help

This is a discussion on Daedric Quest Help within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; So In the daedric quest "The cursed tribe" I have to talk to somebody to start the quest (I forgot ...

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Daedric Quest Help

So In the daedric quest "The cursed tribe" I have to talk to somebody to start the quest (I forgot her name.) Either way I'd already gone to the tribe and slaughtered everybody except the chief. Is there any other way to fix this problem? And no I don't want to go to another save or start again. Can I go to another tribe or Orcs and get the quest?

Thanks.

Quartercircle Forward.

The problem with that quest is that, when you approach the tribe for the 1st time, there is a Giant fighting the person that gives you the quest (a mage orc chick). Problem is, if the Giant manages to kill the quest giver, you're f*cked. What I did to fix the problem was load an earlier autosave and full-on used all my best spells to kill the giant, before he killed the quest giver.

The only way you can start the quest is by talking to the orc chick mage. So if you went in there and slaughtered everyone, they sure as hell won't give you the quest, lol. And no, there is no 'other tribe' I'm afraid.

But I don't think this will prevent you from getting the trophy... since you can miss 1 artifact from the whole game (16 artifacts, only 15 for trophy) right..?

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by D1mech View Post
    The problem with that quest is that, when you approach the tribe for the 1st time, there is a Giant fighting the person that gives you the quest (a mage orc chick). Problem is, if the Giant manages to kill the quest giver, you're f*cked. What I did to fix the problem was load an earlier autosave and full-on used all my best spells to kill the giant, before he killed the quest giver.

The only way you can start the quest is by talking to the orc chick mage. So if you went in there and slaughtered everyone, they sure as hell won't give you the quest, lol. And no, there is no 'other tribe' I'm afraid.

But I don't think this will prevent you from getting the trophy... since you can miss 1 artifact from the whole game (16 artifacts, only 15 for trophy) right..?
    I already missed one...I didn't kill Edrandur in the quest where you have to destroy the skull that gives people bad dreams...

Quartercircle Forward.

Only way to fix it then is to load an earlier save I always have a tonload of autosaves and older saves, just incase stuff happens

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by D1mech View Post
    Only way to fix it then is to load an earlier save I always have a tonload of autosaves and older saves, just incase stuff happens
    Shit and fuck, and fuck and shitting fuck and fucking shit. I don't have a an eariler save that goes that far back. I guess I'll have to start a new game then.

if anyone else has any additional info please post it.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Shit and fuck, and fuck and shitting fuck and fucking shit. I don't have a an eariler save that goes that far back. I guess I'll have to start a new game then.

if anyone else has any additional info please post it.
    Seeing as I sounds like this may turn into another Final Fantasy incident for you KR will you cry after getting this plat too?

I kid, I kid lol

Needz Trophy Card

Actually there is a way around it if the guard dies. Go to the right and follow the fence to the mountain, hop over the fence and boom your in the town and can continue the quest
    videogameman-If i was going to fuck my son, I'd kiss him first.
    Compalicious-in all fairness bodi, it is a bit on the big side
    bodigard-^^^that's what she said!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bodigard View Post
    Actually there is a way around it if the guard dies. Go to the right and follow the fence to the mountain, hop over the fence and boom your in the town and can continue the quest
    You see, I killed EVERYONE there except the Chief. It was so long ago I forgot why....but I can get into the town and nobody but the chief is there...

Kiwi Defender

You see, I killed EVERYONE there except the Chief. It was so long ago I forgot why....but I can get into the town and nobody but the chief is there...
    Then it's official, you are screwed, even more since you didn't kill the old man to get the skull staff.

Why did you slaughter them all anyway? They aren't hostile towards the player at all from what I could tell when I found them, and it's not like they carry any significant loot with themselves (even if you are low level) to justify their deads.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Then it's official, you are screwed.

Why did you slaughter them all anyway? They aren't hostile towards the player at all from what I could tell when I found them, and it's not like they carry any significant loot with themselves (even if you are low level) to justify their deads.
    Because I wandered into the Orc's camp and got fined 5 bounty for doing so. They told me i could either pay in blood or gold, and I chose the former, and yeah you know how it went....

PRO Member

Sorry for the DP, but I do remember nauGie saying that he got the Oblivion walker trophy after 14 artefacts. I got screwed with the Skull of Corrpution because I didn't know I needed it...I wonder if it's still worth doing the daedric quests...

Kiwi Defender

Sorry for the DP, but I do remember nauGie saying that he got the Oblivion walker trophy after 14 artefacts. I got screwed with the Skull of Corrpution because I didn't know I needed it...I wonder if it's still worth doing the daedric quests...
    I'd finish them all due to the fun factor, but most of the artifacts aren't really that useful. If anything, just get the Oghma Infinium and maybe the Wabbajack (which has to be the best Daedric Quest in the game and one of the most entertaining weapons to use), for the rest will porbably finish up stored in your house to never get used.

If you are just playing to get the trophy, then simply start a new game.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I'd finish them all due to the fun factor, but most of the artifacts aren't really that useful. If anything, just get the Oghma Infinium and maybe the Wabbajack (which has to be the best Daedric Quest in the game and one of the most entertaining weapons to use), for the rest will porbably finish up stored in your house to never get used.

If you are just playing to get the trophy, then simply start a new game.
    I already have the Wabbajack. I was going to finish 'em off the fun factor anyway. I've only got a few trophies left for the platinum but I'm delaying it on purpose. I'm just wondering if doing the rest will unlock the trophy or not.