Patch 1.4 is *FINALLY* Released

This is a discussion on Patch 1.4 is *FINALLY* Released within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Finally ... a decent pile of bugfixes arrive. Bethesda just released to Sony, for testing. Figure about a 1 week ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Patch 1.4 is *FINALLY* Released

Finally ... a decent pile of bugfixes arrive. Bethesda just released to Sony, for testing. Figure about a 1 week wait before Sony rubber stamps it for release.

Skyrim -- what we're working on - Bethesda Softworks Forums

It's just the tip of the proverbial ice berg, regarding skyrim bugs on PS3, but it looks to be a largish and long overdue step in the right direction. Hopefully more bugfixes will be on the way soon.

I'm just frustrated that these didn't come out until AFTER I'd already finished the game twice ...
    ΦBK — Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well that's good for Playstation 3 players.
    I'm getting this for PC because there are little to no bugs on the PC version.
    And Mods...
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Bringing the PAIN

actually there are just as many and sometimes more bugs on the PC version... But most can be self corrected with the right function. But beware some can't!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

The more fixes we get the better

Noob Member

And so we begin the count down... Hope this really will fix those bugs.

PRO Member

PS3 should get 1.4 later today
    Skyrim patch arrives on 360, hits PS3 later today

Noob Member

The 94mb patch is now live. Crossing my fingers for this one. Hope it really fix teh game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quest Fix - Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine would block progression for “No One Escapes Cidhna Mine”.

So does this also fix the issue were guards in marketh will not arrest me it just loops the same dialogue meaning all i can do is flee or keep killing them and amounting to my already £50,000 bounty.

This is the only issue i have had in 120 hours of gameplay so i'll wait for feedback before downloading this as sometimes these patches cause more problems than they fix.

Noob Member

The lag is gone on my side! I can run around again at Whiterun/Solitude without dropping the framerate. So far so good for me.

Now this is Podracing

On xbox the update was only like 16mb for me. One thing I found is that this doesnt fix the Daedric Quest to get the skull of corruption.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Still takes for ever when putting things in my chest in Whiterun. Even with the auto save and this update still the same thing. It still takes 30mins sometimes longer to dumb 500 weight worth of items. Other then that no idea about the other stuff cause I never had any quest problems. The odd freeze yes but nothing stopping me from continuing my missions. I have one more Dark Brother mission for the last trophy there, and the last couple of main mission quests. Then just clean up of things for other trophies for the plat.

The One and Only

I'm happy primarily because it fixed my Companions questline glitch and the game appears to be less laggy than before. I noticed a couple new bugs though.

- When I try to ride my horse when she's in the water, the game doesn't freeze, but my character doesn't move and I can't do anything about it. So I had to re-load the save.

- One time I was in my horse on dry land, and I couldn't move. I tried pausing the game, and it wouldn't pause. So I held the PS button for a couple of seconds to give me the menu, exited it, and the bug got fixed like that.

These don;t occur very often but it's something to take note of since I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing these. Other than that great patch.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by DilBurger View Post
    On xbox the update was only like 16mb for me. One thing I found is that this doesnt fix the Daedric Quest to get the skull of corruption.
    I have never heard of anything that will break this quest... Only problem I have heard is people not killing the guy with you and him taking the staff and making it disappear. Thats not a glitch buddy... Thats you failing at a quest. Nothing they can do to fix your choices.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2