Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC Might be 360 Exclusive?

This is a discussion on Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC Might be 360 Exclusive? within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; It's was said on Twitter yesterday that Bethesda never actually announced the Dawnguard DLC for any other platform than the ...

Nope, nothing

Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC Might be 360 Exclusive?

It's was said on Twitter yesterday that Bethesda never actually announced the Dawnguard DLC for any other platform than the Xbox 360, which may be true but you'd kind of assume they'd be bringing it to PS3 and PC

“We have not announced Dawnguard for any other platform, nor given a timeline for any such news. If we have news, I promise I’d tell you.”
    Now most people know that Microsoft bought 1 month exclusive rights to the DLC, but that month has now pass

Source: Twitter

It will suck if it doesn't come to PS3

Lvl 10 - Platinum

doesnt really suprise me if this was true since bethesda hates ps3 users, i plan on getting the goty edition when it comes out but not if it is missing giant chunks of the dlc

Threat

Sounds like Bethesda are just being lazy bastards
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Plats-O'-War!!

I've been noticing a ton of advertisements for the 360, but never for the PS3. They must really hate the PS3

The One and Only

Why the hell would they not release it for other platforms? At least release it for the PC.

There we go, my hopes being shattered thanks to a fucking small Twitter post!

Oh well, I'll still end up playing the game anyways, I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.
    Last edited by DaRe_xLw; 07-27-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Legendary...Nuff Said

I dunno, this seems like a faulty move by Bethesda to me. If I were you, I'd be on the lookout for an announcement of some content sometime soon.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

The only sane person here

And this is why I don't buy Bethesda games

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    And this is why I don't buy Bethesda games
    That's a pretty dumb reason.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

The only sane person here

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    That's a pretty dumb reason.
    How about other reasons such as their lack of support of the PS3 version by giving them a watered down verson compared to the PC and 360 version. Not to mention the lack of support patches on the PS3 version. As well almost half of their games being glitched (fallout new vegas being an example). How's that for a good reason?

Where The Wind Blows

I'm sure it'll come to PS3 at some point, I think this tweet was just a bad way of saying "It's gonna be a while." As much as Bethesda likes to shit on PS3, our money's worth the same to them.

Doesn't change the fact that separate DLC cycles are retarded in the first place. "I didn't know what console I wanted, but I think I'll go with Xbox because they get DLC first." - No one, ever

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

Platinum Dohvakiin

See part of me can understand why Bethesda wouldn't make a PS3 version of the DLC. I mean not all of Oblivion's DLC made it to the PS3 either. But if Dawnguard is only going to be on the 360. I just can't see Bethesda. Taking a massive dump all over the PC gamers. Considering that The Elder Scrolls is a PC Franchise to begin with. And if the PS3 isn't getting the dlc. Then I really see no reason. To keep holding on to this copy of Skyrim. When I can trade it in and get WKC/WKC2 or something else that I really want to play.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

The Temple of the King

Them sons of......

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Rangers F.C

The mofo's better be bringing it to PS3 a love Skyrim a think a done everything possible in the game just about , don't even see dragon's flying about any more and a left the main quest for last

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

Clearly, this is just Bethesda being a little lazy, be patient, I'm sure it will come.

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Call of Duty: Classic
    Crysis 3

DON'T BLINK

OP needs to do the follow up...

Don't fret, PlayStation 3 Skyrimmers, Bethesda says the game's 1.7 patch is heading to Sony's console "in the coming weeks." Bethesda acknowledged as much in a tweetyesterday afternoon. The game's 1.7 patch on PS3 includes the various updates from 1.6 (mounted combat, new kill cams, etc.), but it falls short of adding the Dawnguard DLC, which is still exclusive to Xbox 360.

That DLC was issued a 30-day exclusivity period earlier this year – a period which expires today, reports Kotaku – but Bethesda's VP of marketing Pete Hines stated on Twitter, "We have not announced Dawnguard for any other platform, nor given a timeline for any such news. If we have news, I promise I'd tell you." He followed that up by saying, "I was simply stating that expecting/demanding something today is unfounded. Not that news is never coming." It sounds like Dawnguard may yet head to other platforms (eventually).

We've reached out to Bethesda for further comment and will let you know if we hear back.).
    Skyrim 1.7 patch headed to PS3 'in the coming weeks,' but Dawnguard is nowhere in sight | Joystiq

Lvl 7 - Gold

Damn i was really looking forward to this DLC. I bet u we will get it at some point tho. Just like someone said: "our money's worth the same to them."

I would ask what u guys mean by Bethesda shitting all over PS3 users, but I know no one will answer me. This site has been completely useless for answering my questions when I post a thread or a reply.

The One and Only

Okay, that sounds better. The first tweet wasn't that badly worded now that I think about it. What made it sound like it might not come to PS3 users was the misleading title of this thread.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Where The Wind Blows

Quote Originally Posted by Splee009 View Post
    I would ask what u guys mean by Bethesda shitting all over PS3 users, but I know no one will answer me. This site has been completely useless for answering my questions when I post a thread or a reply.
    Quit moping, I'll be glad to answer. Simple fact is PS3 versions of Bethesda games get less work put into them. The Fallout series and Skyrim both have loads of PS3-specific glitches because Bethesda just doesn't code as tightly for PS3. Then there's timed DLC, the reason this thread's here in the first place. Any time you favor a console like that, it's a huge middle finger to other systems.

As to the thread general, I'd say that PS3 players should have hope, not only that we'll get DG eventually - which is pretty fucking obvious - but that Bethesda is doing more than just shitporting it with this delay.

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

Sinner and Saint

Honestly, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Why make a game that's multiplatform but then turn around and make all the content exclusive to one system or the other? That's a piss poor marketing strategy.

Sig & Avy by the amazing: apokolypz : PPS Bar by: RaveNScythE18

The Warlord's Path to Platinum

Lvl 6 - Silver

That sucks. Maybe they'll put it on a game of the year edition disc just like they did with the Oblivion expansions. I had a feeling that this might happen.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast