Good Ole SkyRim

This is a discussion on Good Ole SkyRim within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; the new DLC is out and we all get to play it now.....oh how I missed thee....Granted it's been so ...

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Good Ole SkyRim

the new DLC is out and we all get to play it now.....oh how I missed thee....Granted it's been so long since i've played I cant seem to remember how to control my character, or where my main cities are....or even were my wife is located, BUT the Dragonborn DLC has been fun this far, plenty of new exploration, and seems to be fairly clean as I haven't seen any of the lag I was getting at the end of my platinum run, except for one small thing...anytime I go into deep enough water that I have to swim in the game crashes >:F Anyone else have this problem or any other new problems when playing the DLC?

PRO Member

Haven't got it yet, but the swimming crash isn't a new bug! They introduced it while trying to fix the lag issues soon after release; it did get fixed pretty quickly, but it sounds like the new patch broke it again. Oh Bethesda (shakes head sadly).

> Restart Button <

Well it's good to hear your enjoying it a little. I'm DL'n it tonight, so I go take a swim to see what happens.

EDIT
    Was it in actual Skyrim or was it on Solstheim?

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

KCCO!

Yeah, like Bardas said, it's not new. It happened to me a couple of times during my plat run. I tended to be cautious around deep water. I know for a fact it happened to others as well.
    Last edited by Hitmanchan; 02-14-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by themute88orl View Post
    Well it's good to hear your enjoying it a little. I'm DL'n it tonight, so I go take a swim to see what happens.

EDIT
    Was it in actual Skyrim or was it on Solstheim?
    Both...and I hope it isnt an issue and I can find a dry way to get to this Shout wall thats on the other side of this cavern lake or ill be quite mad >:F

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    Yeah, like Bardas said, it's not new. It happened to me a couple of times during my plat run. I tended to be weary around deep water. I know for a fact it happened to others as well.
    I never had that problem in my plat run, but I am thankful to say that I played for a couple hours with no lag last night...that was different and fairly enjoyable

Lvl 8 - Gold

Bethesda should have all their license's revoked until they can prove they can actually make a working game.

Just lost about 2 hours worth of progress due to a system menu glitch. No game should be this glitchy over a year after release with a someone constant stream of patch updates.

Threat

This bug is from an old patch, same thing happened to me, freezes whenever your head goes underwater. To fix it delete the game data utility and then re-download the patches.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    This bug is from an old patch, same thing happened to me, freezes whenever your head goes underwater. To fix it delete the game data utility and then re-download the patches.
    After deleting the game data utility and redownloading all the patches it works fine?

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    After deleting the game data utility and redownloading all the patches it works fine?
    Yep, the bug's cause by an old patch that had corrupt files with the water mechanics.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 9 - Gold

Chucking your save onto a USB and then deleting everything usually works for most games that Ive ever had issues with unless its something serious like mentioned previous patches can still effect your saves if the game saves are from that time even if its updated a bit with skyrim it seems.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    the new DLC is out and we all get to play it now.....oh how I missed thee....Granted it's been so long since i've played I cant seem to remember how to control my character, or where my main cities are....or even were my wife is located, BUT the Dragonborn DLC has been fun this far, plenty of new exploration, and seems to be fairly clean as I haven't seen any of the lag I was getting at the end of my platinum run, except for one small thing...anytime I go into deep enough water that I have to swim in the game crashes >:F Anyone else have this problem or any other new problems when playing the DLC?
    I did have the freezing in the water. all I did was to delete the patch reinstall it. Then re-download and install the DLC again.
    I didnt delete the game data.

PRO Member

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Troubleshooting FAQ for PlayStation 3 by VT-14 - GameFAQs

1. Delete Game Date and Update
    2. Restart PS3
    3. Update Skyrim and let it install
    4. Restart PS3
    5. You should be fine

> Restart Button <

I didn't have a problem last night but I just got the game back a few days ago and installed 1.06. Like a day or two after, I got the 1.08 patch installed. I went swimming and I got the usual lag but no freezing. It is good though to see a fix for it. In case something goes wrong, I know I can clean up my Skyrim data.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Got and played it first day. No probs at all so far - I think the 1.08 patch came with fixes. I'm loving it... It's been so long. Also there's more to look forward to in the dawnguard DLC - they are finally adding the option to make some changes to your character's appearance in game - for a 1000 gold. There will be a "plastic surgeon" of sorts at the flagon down at riften... FINALLY..I've needed a haircut for ages..

Harvester of Souls

Anyone suffereing from issues with the map being stuck up north and can't be lowered? I can move my map down >..> what the hell..

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay