"Skyrim was Generic" says Witcher 3 Director

This is a discussion on "Skyrim was Generic" says Witcher 3 Director within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Player Effort | “Skyrim Was Generic” Says Witcher 3 Game Director In the recently uploaded video by Game Informer, Comparing ...

INTJ

"Skyrim was Generic" says Witcher 3 Director

Player Effort | “Skyrim Was Generic” Says Witcher 3 Game Director

In the recently uploaded video by Game Informer, Comparing The Open World Of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the game director behind the 3rd installment of the Witcher criticizes the every famous Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Konrad Tomaszkiewicz said “Skyrim was generic.” He wasn’t too fond of the way that game handled quests, mentioning the fact that many of them were reused and fell into a criteria. He also noted that NPCs never commented on your accomplishments.

Tomaszkiewicz believes that in order for a game to be truly immersive, “every quest needs to be designed [in a] way, [in which] NPCs can react to what you are doing, this immersion is better in the Witcher 2 because every choice got its own consequence.” In order for a game to be more immersive in, Tomaszkiewicz eyes, you need to be able to take a note of your actions, talk to the people in the world and see their take on recent events - Skyrim didn’t offer that

Tomaszkiewicz criticism off Skyrim didn’t end there, “They don’t get very good characters…I tried to remember 5 characters from Skyrim…and I can’t.” He adds that it was due to the story being “generic.”

However, Tomaszkiewicz still has great respect for Skyrim, it was important for him to learn where other open world games went wrong so he could improve on the foundation of open world RPGs with the Witcher 3. “Exploring of the world is cool…and for sure we need to learn from them, how to make an open world – how to make the feeling of open world.”

CD Projekt promises the Witcher 3 will be a ground breaking open world game. Hopefully they can capitalize on where other RPG’s went wrong and give us one of the finest open world experiences by creating the “perfect RPG.”

Lvl 7 - Gold

? Plenty of times local guards talked about Questline stuff to me, so maybe he just wants it to be a more immersive and detailed thing. But how could NPCs know what you did if the system of communication and knowledge of who you are is limited.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Skyrim does lack a little bit with the NPC dialogue I think but it was still a pretty fun game.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Oh good grief! I've never understood why grown ass men act like little ass kids, when they start comparing their games to other games in the same genre. That game was this, My game is THIS. It sounds like a round of "My Daddy can beat your Daddy" crap. Grow the fuck up and just tell me what features are in your game, without the added immature bullshit.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    Oh good grief! I've never understood why grown ass men act like little ass kids, when they start comparing their games to other games in the same genre. That game was this, My game is THIS. It sounds like a round of "My Daddy can beat your Daddy" crap. Grow the fuck up and just tell me what features are in your game, without the added immature bullshit.
    Sadly it will always be a, "Your dick is long? Well mine is big around!" situation. One game is huge and gets GOTY type revere and others in the genre have to bash it as much as possible. It will never change.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

PRO Member

Skyrim was generic as shit and the NPCs were brutal just like almost every game. The cast was forgetable other than Dragonborn lol. Know what the issue with the witcher is? They didnt make it for the PS3! Xbox kiddies dont give a shit about that game. PC gamers loved it but they mostly pirated the shit out of it. He can criticize all he wants but Skyrim's broken and generic ass made people say "Witcher Who?" not Witcher 2 at the store!

On another note Im dying for a witcher game though hopefully they can deliver this time!LOL.
    Last edited by Tmac718; 02-17-2013 at 11:58 AM.

NSFW

I can not take him seriously with that last name...

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    lol, +rep for that

Saints Row IV

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    That's racist! LOL
    Anyway,Konrad Tomaszkiewicz just went full ******...
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

дурак

While I think Skyrim could have been better, he should just focus on making Witcher 3 amazing, instead of talking shit about the competition.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tmac718 View Post
    Skyrim was generic as shit and the NPCs were brutal just like almost every game. The cast was forgetable other than Dragonborn lol. Know what the issue with the witcher is? They didnt make it for the PS3! Xbox kiddies dont give a shit about that game. PC gamers loved it but they mostly pirated the shit out of it. He can criticize all he wants but Skyrim's broken and generic ass made people say "Witcher Who?" not Witcher 2 at the store!

actually hardcore pc gamers defended cdprojekt when someone pirated.

4chan's /v/ which is known for piracy told someone to fuck off when they asked for pirating advice. if that's not consumer trust i dont know what is.

not to mention the first piratings were because witcher 2 had securom on the retail copies, but they removed that in a patch like a day later.

Rangers F.C

Both the Witcher and Skyrim are awesome , the Witcher suffered from worse technical problems than Skyrim had at the launch , not played the Witcher 2 yet so not sure about its bugs .
    I am going to get a new PC soon to play 2 but I think this guy is only saying this because the Witcher is still a unknown game to many .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Bob 'n' Becca

I haven't played either, but I am shocked to hear these allegations. Both games are something I've been into, and I'm very disappointed that the Witcher 2 hasn't made it to PS3. When I saw the gameinformer cover art depicting the Witcher 3 I was happy, and when I saw that it was coming to both the Sony and Microsoft machines I was ecstatic. Still, the Witcher 2 may come to PS3 just before the release date of its sequel, or after, depending on if the new ones sales justify it.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 8 - Gold

I'll play skyrim over witcher any day,this guy comes off as a jealous bitch.