Azura's Star or Black Star

This is a discussion on Azura's Star or Black Star within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Does it really make any difference which way you go here. People have said that the black star will absorb ...

PRO Member

Azura's Star or Black Star

Does it really make any difference which way you go here. People have said that the black star will absorb black and white souls, what about Azura's star? Will it absorb both?

Bringing the PAIN

The normal one only absorbs beast and lesser spirits I believe. The Black ones are for the Black star only.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Platinum Dohvakiin

It all depends one if you are actually going to use it. I have the Azura's Star and it sits on a bookcase in one of my homes. Which is pretty much where all of my Daedric Artifacts ended up, on a shelf or rack in a house. Along with a fuq ton of different types of Armor, weapons and just materials piled up all over the floors in different houses.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Kiwi Defender

I usually recharged my weapons often, so the Black Star was much more useful, given it absorbed Black Souls and those were the best ones to recharge stuff. However, if you're not going to use it (as platzgrein mentioned before me), it's not really important which one you choose, although Azura's Star looks better as decoration than the Black Star.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I usually recharged my weapons often, so the Black Star was much more useful, given it absorbed Black Souls and those were the best ones to recharge stuff. However, if you're not going to use it (as platzgrein mentioned before me), it's not really important which one you choose, although Azura's Star looks better as decoration than the Black Star.
    Yeah, all my Daedric artifacts are on display in my homestead as well, however, since I also recharge often, I went ahead and got the Black Star. Thanks for the tips!

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by josh_camp View Post
    Yeah, all my Daedric artifacts are on display in my homestead as well, however, since I also recharge often, I went ahead and got the Black Star. Thanks for the tips!
    That's the way to go in my book.

Lvl 6 - Silver

A.S. was the first artifact I found during my first playthru, and also the most buggy (on PS3). I gave up using it after a while and just kept a supply of regular soul stones handy, and two self-enchanted bows ... one with max damage spells, and the other with soul trap.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

The One and Only

I never got the Black Star, yet I never used the Asura's Star. So... none wins for me, but I keep forgetting to remind myself to try out Asura's Star someday.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0