Results 1 to 16 of 16

play after ending?

This is a discussion on play after ending? within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; anybody know if this is like oblivion where you can play after beating it or like fallout 3 and the ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    31

    play after ending?

    anybody know if this is like oblivion where you can play after beating it or like fallout 3 and the game just ends?

  2. #2
    Emperor
    sammingo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    76
    Reputation
    1

    I would assume like oblivion, so don't worry.
    Signature by Blacklisthunta

    Toggle Spoiler



  3. #3
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    I don't think Skyrim technically has an Ending, per say. Even if you do the main story, every dungeon, kill every dragon and do every side quest. There's still the random encounters and Jobs you can still do.

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




  4. #4
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    pRoViSiOn26's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    294
    Reputation
    2

    Do you need to play the other games to understand this one?

    Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

  5. #5
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    DoomHorror's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pagan Lands
    Posts
    686
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by pRoViSiOn26 View Post
    Do you need to play the other games to understand this one?
    No, but it would help you get in to it faster.

  6. #6
    Nope, nothing
    Chambers35's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,674
    Reputation
    462

    Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    I don't think Skyrim technically has an Ending, per say. Even if you do the main story, every dungeon, kill every dragon and do every side quest. There's still the random encounters and Jobs you can still do.
    Yeah I think this about sums it up, at least I hope so anyway

    Can't wait!!! GTTV are having an episode mainly on Skyrim so keep your eyes peeled for me posting that in a day or 2

  7. #7
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Yeah I think this about sums it up, at least I hope so anyway

    Can't wait!!! GTTV are having an episode mainly on Skyrim so keep your eyes peeled for me posting that in a day or 2
    Good it saves me the time to go hunt it down lol. Besides I think I've seen just about every bit of info about Skyrim to date. I swear between you and me. We probably are the most informed people on this forum about this game lol

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




  8. #8
    PRO Member
    Kylo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    675
    Reputation
    20

    Fallout 3 was more heavily focused on the Main Quest than your traditional Elder Scrolls and with each game, you haven't been denied access to the game upon completion of the main quest. I wouldn't even call it an ending, it's more like the end of the main quest, the side quests are much better than the main quest albeit a little less eventful.

    PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

  9. #9
    Nope, nothing
    Chambers35's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,674
    Reputation
    462

    Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    Good it saves me the time to go hunt it down lol. Besides I think I've seen just about every bit of info about Skyrim to date. I swear between you and me. We probably are the most informed people on this forum about this game lol
    Apparently it's all new footage ..in fact here's the promo;
    GT.TV Video Game, Episode 503 Promo HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

    And you can't forget Kylo

  10. #10
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    I don't think Skyrim technically has an Ending, per say. Even if you do the main story, every dungeon, kill every dragon and do every side quest. There's still the random encounters and Jobs you can still do.
    i meant after the end of the main quest. will it be more like oblivion in the ability to continue to do everything else afterward? bethesda admitted they made a mistake having the game end after fallout 3 and fixed it in subsequent dlc. i assume skyrim wont end after the main quest but wanted to know if anyone had heard anything concrete about it or not

  11. #11
    PRO Member
    Kylo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    675
    Reputation
    20

    Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    i meant after the end of the main quest. will it be more like oblivion in the ability to continue to do everything else afterward? bethesda admitted they made a mistake having the game end after fallout 3 and fixed it in subsequent dlc. i assume skyrim wont end after the main quest but wanted to know if anyone had heard anything concrete about it or not
    Look at it like this, the core element of each Elder Scrolls games is the massive world in which you can talk to almost everyone and even get quests from almost everyone in the game. Why would they deny people's access to the core element of the game after completing the main quest? Like you said, Bethesda did admit they made a mistake with the ending to Fallout 3 and I'm almost certain they won't make that mistake again. If they do, it will be a very bad move and that will be fortified by the anger of the customers, leading to it being fixed in an update....again.

    PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

  12. #12
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    Look at it like this, the core element of each Elder Scrolls games is the massive world in which you can talk to almost everyone and even get quests from almost everyone in the game. Why would they deny people's access to the core element of the game after completing the main quest? Like you said, Bethesda did admit they made a mistake with the ending to Fallout 3 and I'm almost certain they won't make that mistake again. If they do, it will be a very bad move and that will be fortified by the anger of the customers, leading to it being fixed in an update....again.
    i agree it would be stupid to end the game with the main quest. i dont think they would do that again but havent heard anything definitive about an ending or not. just curious about it

  13. #13
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    i agree it would be stupid to end the game with the main quest. i dont think they would do that again but havent heard anything definitive about an ending or not. just curious about it
    Skyrim doesn't end with the main quest. Todd said that was the mistake they made with FO3. And one they made sure not to repeat in Skyrim. You can go through the game and do nothing but the main quest. And do everything else later on. Or vise verse. As Todd said "Skyrim is a game where you can play it literally how ever you want."

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




  14. #14
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    Skyrim doesn't end with the main quest. Todd said that was the mistake they made with FO3. And one they made sure not to repeat in Skyrim. You can go through the game and do nothing but the main quest. And do everything else later on. Or vise verse. As Todd said "Skyrim is a game where you can play it literally how ever you want."
    i liked that about oblivion, i once started a playthrough intending to do nothing but explore all the caves and such that i came across. eventually became boring and had to do some quests to liven up the gameplay but still fun to have freedom

  15. #15
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    i liked that about oblivion, i once started a playthrough intending to do nothing but explore all the caves and such that i came across. eventually became boring and had to do some quests to liven up the gameplay but still fun to have freedom
    I have no idea how I intend on playing Skyrim. Part of me wants to do the main quest, part of me wants to do the side quest. Explore the Dungeons, Kill a few Dragons. Explore and see what the hell I can get myself into. There's even a part that just want to go from town to town. Doing Odd Jobs. But I think I'm just going to wing it. And be completely random as hell. Just because I can lol

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




  16. #16
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    I have no idea how I intend on playing Skyrim. Part of me wants to do the main quest, part of me wants to do the side quest. Explore the Dungeons, Kill a few Dragons. Explore and see what the hell I can get myself into. There's even a part that just want to go from town to town. Doing Odd Jobs. But I think I'm just going to wing it. And be completely random as hell. Just because I can lol
    agreed, i think ill just wander around and not worry about trophies for once, try to enjoy myself and lose myself in a game for the first time in a long time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO