How will be the lvling?

This is a discussion on How will be the lvling? within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Anyone knows if the lvling will be getting the usual exp? Or it'll be the same way as Oblivion? o.o...

On a Paradise

How will be the lvling?

Anyone knows if the lvling will be getting the usual exp?
    Or it'll be the same way as Oblivion? o.o

Awesome avy & sig made by In2
    Rep him if you like them!

PRO Member

I believe your equipment levels up the more you used it. Use your sword all the time, it will keep leveling. I'm not sure about character attributes though.

Nope, nothing

It's the same as Oblivion where you level up what is relevant to what you use eg, if you block a lot your blocking skill will increase.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    It's the same as Oblivion where you level up what is relevant to what you use eg, if you block a lot your blocking skill will increase.
    yes and every few levels you get a character level and get to pick a perk from the skill list

On a Paradise

Aw D:
    Any tip for lvling fast?
    In 15 hours, I did some quest on the "normal" world, and I completed all the history of Shivering Isles, and I was only lvl 4 :/
    How can I lvl fast?

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by CiiC3508 View Post
    Aw D:
    Any tip for lvling fast?
    In 15 hours, I did some quest on the "normal" world, and I completed all the history of Shivering Isles, and I was only lvl 4 :/
    How can I lvl fast?
    I don't think anyone knows for sure yet. How you can lvl up fast. As the game isn't out yet. And the only info I've ever came across is how you lvl up in Skyrim. But not how fast you can. And I guess it's all going to depend on. What you actually do in Skyrim. Because I'm sure the more side quest and fighting you do. The faster you will lvl up. But I'm thinking unless you do a lot of Dungeons and fight a lot of Dragons. Sprint leveling is going to be tricky. But the problem with the dungeons are. Whatever lvl you are when you enter it the first time. If you go back to it later on. All the enemies will be at the previous lvl. If that makes any sense. But from my understanding of XP in Skyrim. There's an abundant of ways to get it. You can always go a work at a mill or any other odd job. Because I'm pretty sure you can get XP from just about everywhere in Skyrim.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    I don't think anyone knows for sure yet. How you can lvl up fast. As the game isn't out yet. And the only info I've ever came across is how you lvl up in Skyrim. But not how fast you can. And I guess it's all going to depend on. What you actually do in Skyrim. Because I'm sure the more side quest and fighting you do. The faster you will lvl up. But I'm thinking unless you do a lot of Dungeons and fight a lot of Dragons. Sprint leveling is going to be tricky. But the problem with the dungeons are. Whatever lvl you are when you enter it the first time. If you go back to it later on. All the enemies will be at the previous lvl. If that makes any sense. But from my understanding of XP in Skyrim. There's an abundant of ways to get it. You can always go a work at a mill or any other odd job. Because I'm pretty sure you can get XP from just about everywhere in Skyrim.
    i havent heard anything about actual xp, just leveling of skills leading to player levels like in oblivion. i believe bethesda also tweaked the system so it cant be broken like in oblivion with acrobatics and other skills that were easy to boost level

Platinum Dohvakiin

Todd said in one of his interviews, or it could have been in the demo he did. I have to dig it up to be sure, which one it was in. But he says that you can do odd jobs in Skyrim. And in doing them it will garner you some xp. Todd said that you can't exploit XP in Skyrim. But there is plenty of it in the game. So leveling won't be a problem in Skyrim.

I know in the Gameinformer interview he did at the Bethesda Studio. When he was asked about the dungeons and how many there were. He said they stopped counting at around 150. And that some of them were small and some were major. But the thing about them was. Whatever level you first enter them. The enemies would remain at that level, if you reenter them later on. So you couldn't just keep going back to the same dungeons over and over to exploit the xp.

The Dragons level up as you do. But they top out somewhere around level 50 or so. He didn't say exactly. But once you kill a dragon. It wont respawn later on. So if you kill all of the Dragons. They are all just dead. He also didn't say exactly how many Dragons were in the game either. He just said that there were plenty. Is the word I think he used.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 10 - Platinum

i heard dragons were infinite, that they respawned in random locations. i think the unique dragons that give shouts wont be duplicated once you have that shout but there are others that wont give shouts and are just random encounters

On a Paradise

Well, it it's through the exp as platz said, it will be really really really easier than Oblivion

Lvl 10 - Platinum

just saw a video demo that shows the player getting a stat increase for a skill and a bar pops up that shows progression towards the next level so the leveling is like oblivion, but i dont think there are major and minor skills, all skills contribute towards levels