Results 1 to 7 of 7

todd howard

This is a discussion on todd howard within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; anybody else love hearing todd howard talk about his games? i get the impression that he is really passionate about ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    31

    todd howard

    anybody else love hearing todd howard talk about his games? i get the impression that he is really passionate about games and actually is excited about playing them and finding things that even he doesnt know about. his voiceovers for the skyrim clips makes the game seem even more exciting because you can feel the time and passion that went into the game. sorry about the rant but i just love bethesda's games even with all the bugs and such

  2. #2
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    What makes Todd Howard different form most Publisher/Developer Top Exec.'s. Is the fact that Todd is actually a gamer at heart. Kotick for example who runs Activision. Is a Business Man who happens to run a Gaming Publishing Company. Todd's a Gamer who just happens to run a Publisher/ Developer Gaming Company. There's a big difference in the two.
    And you can tell in how they talk about there games. Kotick always refer to the people who buys Activisions games as "customers" or [insert game] community. Todd refers to the people who buys Bethesda's games as "our fans" or "our gamers". Todd knows what the people who play his games want in their games. Because he's contently reading the different forums.Paying attention to what works, and what just bombs. Kotick just fallows sales numbers. Todd probably knows more about what the Cod Community wants than Bobby does.
    I'm not putting Todd up on this pedestal. It's just that if more Developers and Publishers did what Todd does. As far as listening to the fans of the games. And actually providing the appropriate feed back. Then the gaming community probably wouldn't have all this backlash for companies like EA, Activision and Capcom.

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




  3. #3
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    What makes Todd Howard different form most Publisher/Developer Top Exec.'s. Is the fact that Todd is actually a gamer at heart. Kotick for example who runs Activision. Is a Business Man who happens to run a Gaming Publishing Company. Todd's a Gamer who just happens to run a Publisher/ Developer Gaming Company. There's a big difference in the two.
    And you can tell in how they talk about there games. Kotick always refer to the people who buys Activisions games as "customers" or [insert game] community. Todd refers to the people who buys Bethesda's games as "our fans" or "our gamers". Todd knows what the people who play his games want in their games. Because he's contently reading the different forums.Paying attention to what works, and what just bombs. Kotick just fallows sales numbers. Todd probably knows more about what the Cod Community wants than Bobby does.
    I'm not putting Todd up on this pedestal. It's just that if more Developers and Publishers did what Todd does. As far as listening to the fans of the games. And actually providing the appropriate feed back. Then the gaming community probably wouldn't have all this backlash for companies like EA, Activision and Capcom.
    well said, thats excatly what im thinking, if we had more people like that making games we'd have better games overall

  4. #4
    Game on....
    Timeless-Enigma's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,915
    Reputation
    348

    Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    well said, thats excatly what im thinking, if we had more people like that making games we'd have better games overall
    Gaming is for gamers after all . Shame business has to come into it

  5. #5
    PRO Member
    SebastianOwl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Best Coast
    Posts
    285
    Reputation
    18

    I like listening to him, but most of what he says is scripted and rehearsed dialogue. Go to 5 different sites and you will find the exact same interview. I watched GTTV and G4 and he repeated the exact same words for every single question he was asked. If you go to eurogamer you can find him repeating the same exact answers again. Fascinating guy, I just think he may be a robot.


  6. #6
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianOwl View Post
    I like listening to him, but most of what he says is scripted and rehearsed dialogue. Go to 5 different sites and you will find the exact same interview. I watched GTTV and G4 and he repeated the exact same words for every single question he was asked. If you go to eurogamer you can find him repeating the same exact answers again. Fascinating guy, I just think he may be a robot.
    im ok with a robot making games as long as they are as expansive as oblivion and fallout 3

  7. #7
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Gaming is for gamers after all . Shame business has to come into it
    I always felt like Gaming Publishers/ Developers. Should have one guy or in Publisher's case an entire department full of people. Who's sole job was to go through all the forums and actually fallow what the community of a certain game they made. Actually feels about it. What they love, what they hate. What should be improved upon,removed. Because gamers have never been short on opinions. And we will be more than glad to tell you. Why we play or don't play certain games. Or why we started one and just couldn't finish it.

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO