Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Skyrim Perks Guide

This is a discussion on Skyrim Perks Guide within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Skyrim's leveling system has been entirely revamped with the introduction of new perks. The Skyrim Perks Guide is intended to ...

Nope, nothing

Skyrim Perks Guide

Skyrim's leveling system has been entirely revamped with the introduction of new perks. The Skyrim Perks Guide is intended to help you decide how to build your character. Regardless of whether you plan on playing as a pure class or mixing things up, the Skyrim Perks Guide will help you to make a clear decision

New to the Elder Scrolls series, Skyrim has completely changed the way players develop their character. Through the introduction of a new perks system, players now gain a new perk every time they advance to a new level. Rather than replacing the stats, it adds onto the old statistics system, now hidden behind the scenes.

Every perk has skill requirements that you must meet before you can unlock it, so you'll gain access to better perks as you progress through the game.

Each time you level up, you will have the chance to affect real improvement onto your character—getting a shield perk might allow you to bash your enemies, for example.

There are 280 perks in Skyrim spread across three different constellations, or trees—Warrior, Thief, Mage—all of which allow you to define your character as you please. These skills can be used in tandem so you can play as a spellsword, assassin, or warrior mage, and the like.
    So I noticed that the Perks for Skyrim hadn't been posted yet so here they are;

The Warrior

Toggle Spoiler

The Mage

Toggle Spoiler

The Thief

Toggle Spoiler

There we have it, the complete Perk list for Skyrim

Source: gameranx
    Last edited by Chambers35; 11-04-2011 at 03:14 AM. Reason: complete list

Lvl 1 - Bronze

god the more i read about this hame, the more i want it. so there seems to be alot of perks there and some you have to level more than once. which kinda got me wondering what the level cap is gonna be.

Sig and Avy by Alison

PRO Member

I'm thinking of developing something akin to the Arcane Warrior from DA ... I really enjoyed being able to engage in swordplay and cast spells at the same time.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

280 perks but only 50 levels? thats a lot of perks that wont be gotten

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    I'm thinking of developing something akin to the Arcane Warrior from DA ... I really enjoyed being able to engage in swordplay and cast spells at the same time.
    Yeah this is what I'm probably going to create

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    280 perks but only 50 levels? thats a lot of perks that wont be gotten
    50? is that is?..well that's a bit disappointing

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    50? is that is?..well that's a bit disappointing
    i assume 50 is it because there is a trophy for level 50, maybe it goes to 100, you never know

Nope, nothing

i assume 50 is it because there is a trophy for level 50, maybe it goes to 100, you never know
    I suppose that does make sense, level 50 does seem a little crap though doesn't it?

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    I suppose that does make sense, level 50 does seem a little crap though doesn't it?
    after playing 100 hours i dont want to be capped at 50 and not be able to grow anymore for the next 100 hours, be nice if it wasnt capped at all

Platinum Dohvakiin

Actually there is no level cap in Skyrim. Level 50 isn't the max level. In an interview with Game Informer. They asked Todd what the max level was. And Todd said that once you hit level 50, the leveling just slows way down. But if you wanted every perk in the game. You would have to be around level 70 or so.

The reason why the leveling is almost halved at level 50 is because. The higher your rating in a skill, the more it advances you to the next level. But by the time you get to level 50. All of your higher skills should be maxed out already. SO all you will have left to level is the lower level skills you have or have not obtained by then.

So if your level 50 and never used say sneak. And you want to max that out. It will take longer. Because A) you have never used it. And B) because the distance between level 50 and level 51 is greater. So it will take longer to acquire the necessary perks to max out your sneak skill.

Now the enemies max out at level 50. Which is probably causing the confusion as to the max level for your character to be level 50 as well. Todd also said, and I'll have to see if I can refined the interview. That his character has all the perks. And he was around level 70, when he got the last one. But even he wasn't sure if 70 was the max level. Because he hasn't leveled past that. Only because the only things he has left to do is odd jobs,, stealing and killing the occasional dragon. So it would take him a long time to gain enough points to level up to the next level.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 10 - Platinum

sounds like its kinda like oblivion since its based off of skills, just no major and minor skills

Platinum Dohvakiin

sounds like its kinda like oblivion since its based off of skills, just no major and minor skills
    It is to an extent. Say you have a skill that's 71. But you want to put points in to a skill that's 22. Putting points in to the 21 skill will still get you closer to the next level. Just not as close as if you put those points into the 71 skill.

It's almost like if you were Prestiging in COD. And you only needed 100 kills for a 10k xp challenge bonus. But you decided to use a different gun. The kills and challenges from the new gun, will still help you rank up. Just not as fast as if you got those 100 kills with the previous one you were using.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 10 - Platinum

skills in oblivion got harder to level up the higher they would go, seems like the major difference is that all skills will level your character up instead of just major skills. the higher the skill the greater the boost to your level

Nope, nothing

We now have a complete list

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This seems intricate, planning may be needed to build a character that I won't restart 4-6 hours into the game. Unless of course they have a way to reset your skills...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Magnets View Post
    This seems intricate, planning may be needed to build a character that I won't restart 4-6 hours into the game. Unless of course they have a way to reset your skills...
    i would hate to have to reset all my skills..

sips on

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    I'm way ahead of you on the same page ... I'm roughly following a fighter-mage-thief triclass.

* For the figher, I'm focusing on smithing, lite armor and 1H weapons (I switch between 1H+Shield, 1H+Spell, dual-1H etc, depending on the needs of the situ).

* For the thief, I'm progressing first and foremost in sneak, followed by archery and lockpicking.

* For mage, I'm progressing primarily in destruction (sub-specialty = FIRE), followed by enchanting and restoration.

It's a strong jack-of-all-trades build that's perfect for all three of the guild storyline quests, and lets you pretty much go anywhere, and do anything.

I'm around 30th level at the moment, and sporting self-made and self-enchanted elven gear of legendary quality ... and I'm just about to upgrade all my armor and weapons to self-made legendary glass (and after that, dragonscale). I'm currently sporting twin elven axes, which I'll be replacing soon with twin ebony swords - both of them an improved version of the "nightingale blade" you'll encounter in the game (which steals copious health and stamina with each strike), and a third that's a soul-trapper (linked with the Star of Azura), which keeps all my charged items topped off.

My character's pretty beastly.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 11-20-2011 at 08:16 PM.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Harvester of Souls

This is pretty beast . Really liking these perks and such.. though when first read, thought it might turn out retardeed or something. :bow: SKYRIM!!!!!!!!!

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    I'm way ahead of you on the same page ... I'm roughly following a fighter-mage-thief triclass.

* For the figher, I'm focusing on smithing, lite armor and 1H weapons (I switch between 1H+Shield, 1H+Spell, dual-1H etc, depending on the needs of the situ).

* For the thief, I'm progressing first and foremost in sneak, followed by archery and lockpicking.

* For mage, I'm progressing primarily in destruction (sub-specialty = FIRE), followed by enchanting and restoration.

It's a strong jack-of-all-trades build that's perfect for all three of the guild storyline quests, and lets you pretty much go anywhere, and do anything.

I'm around 30th level at the moment, and sporting self-made and self-enchanted elven gear of legendary quality ... and I'm just about to upgrade all my armor and weapons to self-made legendary glass (and after that, dragonscale). I'm currently sporting twin elven axes, which I'll be replacing soon with twin ebony swords - both of them an improved version of the "nightingale blade" you'll encounter in the game (which steals copious health and stamina with each strike), and a third that's a soul-trapper (linked with the Star of Azura), which keeps all my charged items topped off.

My character's pretty beastly.
    yooo im doing a tri-class as well! but focus on

1) warrior - 1-Hand, Block, Heavy Armor, Smithing
    2) mage - illusion (minor in destruction/restoration)
    3) Thief - sneak

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Gaming since 1985!

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    Actually there is no level cap in Skyrim. Level 50 isn't the max level. In an interview with Game Informer. They asked Todd what the max level was. And Todd said that once you hit level 50, the leveling just slows way down. But if you wanted every perk in the game. You would have to be around level 70 or so.

The reason why the leveling is almost halved at level 50 is because. The higher your rating in a skill, the more it advances you to the next level. But by the time you get to level 50. All of your higher skills should be maxed out already. SO all you will have left to level is the lower level skills you have or have not obtained by then.

So if your level 50 and never used say sneak. And you want to max that out. It will take longer. Because A) you have never used it. And B) because the distance between level 50 and level 51 is greater. So it will take longer to acquire the necessary perks to max out your sneak skill.

Now the enemies max out at level 50. Which is probably causing the confusion as to the max level for your character to be level 50 as well. Todd also said, and I'll have to see if I can refined the interview. That his character has all the perks. And he was around level 70, when he got the last one. But even he wasn't sure if 70 was the max level. Because he hasn't leveled past that. Only because the only things he has left to do is odd jobs,, stealing and killing the occasional dragon. So it would take him a long time to gain enough points to level up to the next level.
    I have the collector's edition guide and it says with all the skills maxed at 100, the level top would be around 80.
    From the book:
    "There is no fixed 'maximum' level (i.e. , Level 50) for you to obtain. However, if you were to raise all of you skills to 100, this would-eventually-take you to around level 80"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm playing a straight warrior, increasing archery, heavy armour and two handeds as a focus.

As a secondary course I am working on smithing, echanting and speech. With a view that I can set up a nice little business by making weapons, enchanting them and then selling them for the most valuable price I can get.

I also just started looking at some of the lock picking perks which could be useful, particulary extra gold and special treasures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast