Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Skyrim set for day one patch

This is a discussion on Skyrim set for day one patch within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Bethesda has announced that there is going to be a day one patch for the game on all systems Here’s ...

Nope, nothing

Skyrim set for day one patch

Bethesda has announced that there is going to be a day one patch for the game on all systems

Here’s what the patch fixes;
    • some minor stability
    • quest progression issues

The patch was supposed to be 1.1 but it turns out the update is version v2.0 and weighs in at 58 MB, so does this means they have added more I will update this when I find out if it did.

That could mean there isn't actually that many bugs or that this is just the first of many
    Last edited by Chambers35; 11-09-2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: v2.0

Resident PHD

It is not even out yet and it is already being patched Well looks like my prediction came true faster than I thought.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

I'm surprised when games DON'T have day one patches at this point. Almost every new game I put into my system, I get notified to download version 1.01 or some crap.

Platinum Dohvakiin

It would have been more surprising if the game Didn't get a day one patch. I mean just about half the games released these days. Has either a Day 1 patch or a 1 Week patch for it.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    It is not even out yet and it is already being patched Well looks like my prediction came true faster than I thought.
    Heyy, at least they are trying to fix it
    Leave the game alone mayus

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    I'm surprised when games DON'T have day one patches at this point. Almost every new game I put into my system, I get notified to download version 1.01 or some crap.
    Yeah it does happen quite a lot but I find it reassuring that the devs want a good game out there....unlike what happened with Dead Island

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post

Yeah it does happen quite a lot but I find it reassuring that the devs want a good game out there....unlike what happened with Dead Island
    Yes, it doesn't bother me anymore. I used to get annoyed when I was really hyped to start a new game and then had to wait for the patch to download. Now I know to always stick the disc in before I feed/walk the dogs, eat dinner, take a shower, or whatever else I have to do. That way it's ready when I am.

Gaming since 1985!

As long as the game works well after the patch, it's fine. I can wait an extra 20 minutes after waiting like what, 5 years? Just sucks cause I'm goin to the midnight opening and it'll be late enough after waiting in line with COD fans too. Red Bull here I come.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

no problem with a patch that fixes things but if they knew about issues shouldnt they fix them before committing them to a disc

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    I'm sorry here is my apology Skyrim Dragon

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 10 - Platinum

thats adorable

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    no problem with a patch that fixes things but if they knew about issues shouldnt they fix them before committing them to a disc
    People always say that. But when you have a game that has to be sent to the manufacture by a certain time. So that it can be made and released on time. You can't fix everything before hand. And sometimes the answer to a problem doesn't come with a deadline. You fix the major stuff first. Then you go and fix the minor things. If it has to be done in a patch so be it. Better to patch it on day 1. Than have to say "Oh wait the game isn't going to be coming out when we said it did. It's getting delayed." Developers in this market. Really can't afford to release a near flawless game 6 months past the initial release date.

PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    Yes, it doesn't bother me anymore. I used to get annoyed when I was really hyped to start a new game and then had to wait for the patch to download. Now I know to always stick the disc in before I feed/walk the dogs, eat dinner, take a shower, or whatever else I have to do. That way it's ready when I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by jess1234567 View Post
    As long as the game works well after the patch, it's fine. I can wait an extra 20 minutes after waiting like what, 5 years?
    I'm going to sit and stare and the percentage going up :stare:

Awwww
    All is forgiven.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    People always say that. But when you have a game that has to be sent to the manufacture by a certain time. So that it can be made and released on time. You can't fix everything before hand. And sometimes the answer to a problem doesn't come with a deadline. You fix the major stuff first. Then you go and fix the minor things. If it has to be done in a patch so be it. Better to patch it on day 1. Than have to say "Oh wait the game isn't going to be coming out when we said it did. It's getting delayed." Developers in this market. Really can't afford to release a near flawless game 6 months past the initial release date.
    i realize all that but thats what qa is for, ironing out the bugs, and then fixing them, if they cant get a game done by when they say its going to be done then they shouldnt say itll be done at a certain point, concrete release dates should only be announced when the developer has a handle on fixing the bugs in a timely manner. obviously this game is huge and takes a long time to fix potential issues when there is some much space to cover but bethesda has a history of releasing buggy games instead of working on them more to make a better overall experience

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    i realize all that but thats what qa is for, ironing out the bugs, and then fixing them, if they cant get a game done by when they say its going to be done then they shouldnt say itll be done at a certain point, concrete release dates should only be announced when the developer has a handle on fixing the bugs in a timely manner. obviously this game is huge and takes a long time to fix potential issues when there is some much space to cover but bethesda has a history of releasing buggy games instead of working on them more to make a better overall experience
    I had typed up a nice little respense. But then I thought. Why even bother. Because truth is, Bethesda can patch it on day1. And they will get bitched at for not completely fixing the game before release. (Which in itself is impossible to do with any game). Or they could have delayed the thing. And still would have gotten bitched at for that. And this whole "Bethesda is known for releasing buggy games in the past." Is getting about as old as MW2.5. Quality Control will never find every bug in a game. It's never going to happen. Either play the game or don't.

PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

The Old Guy

And this whole "Bethesda is known for releasing buggy games in the past." Is getting about as old as MW2.5.
    It might be getting old, but you can't deny that it's true. Bethesda games always have major freezing issues, and after developing multiple games on the current generation of consoles, having the exact same problem for the exact same reason is unforgivable.

Crocodile Hunter

well as with most people i wont be getting skyrim straight away main reason is no money and 2 to wait for a few patches and see what glitches/frezzing issues it has

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

With any luck the PC version will not have the random freezes that the console versions seem to have.
    Bring on the Patches!!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Nothings perfect. It's Skyrim, a game so good that people who pirated the game feel bad for playing a pirated copy of the game. True Story.

Lvl 9 - Gold

And this whole "Bethesda is known for releasing buggy games in the past." Is getting about as old as MW2.5. Quality Control will never find every bug in a game. It's never going to happen. Either play the game or don't.
    I agreed with everything else you've said so far except this. It is getting old, but it's so true. I'd easily put Bethesda as the worst game developers with bugs over any other company combined. There is no excuse for it either. I just hope this game won't be another piece of shit to pile on to Bethesda's worst programmed game list.

But to reinforce what you said about patches. You're right. Developers can't release a flawless game with 0 bugs. It's extremely hard to do and problems will always arise, so you have to fix what you can and keep it going. It's a never ending battle. It's just a shame when they stop the support for games and leave gamebreaking bugs in instead of doing something to fix them.

Nope, nothing

Found what the patch does

some minor stability
    quest progression issues

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast