Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Skyrim DLC, Quality over Quantity

This is a discussion on Skyrim DLC, Quality over Quantity within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; I'm just going to quote the information for you guys It might take you hundreds of hours to fully explore ...

Nope, nothing

Skyrim DLC, Quality over Quantity

I'm just going to quote the information for you guys

It might take you hundreds of hours to fully explore the massive world of upcoming role-playing game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, but developer Bethesda plans to add even more. Todd Howard, the game’s director and producer, told Wired.com that downloadable content for the RPG, to be released Nov. 11 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, is already in the works.

Bethesda, Howard says, will follow the maxim of its previous game Fallout 3: Less is more.

“Very quick DLC might sell well, but that’s not our priority,” he said Monday in a phone interview with Wired.com.

“We’re not going to be doing a lot of it. Our high-level thinking is that there’ll be not as many [pieces of DLC], but they’ll be bigger and more substantial,” he said. “The goal overall is not necessarily to put out more content, but to make the game better.”

Howard says he doesn’t know if the downloadable content will be limited to new levels, or if the developer might use it to overhaul the game’s core features and mechanics, too.

“We could,” he says. “We don’t want to leave anything off the table.”

What Howard is sure of is that we shouldn’t expect to see this DLC anytime soon after launch, though we know that when it does launch, it will do so first on the Xbox 360.

“We’ll start hitting on everything after vacation,” Howard said. “We’ll take a break [after the game launches], see what consumers think of the game, then see which direction we want to go.”
    Source: Wired.com

All sounds good to me .....except the part about xbox getting the DLC first...but they always do

Wonder if this means that we will be seeing more DLC like 'Shivering Isles'? I hope so!

PRO Member

This was kind of announced a while back. The main vibe this time round is to go for a classic "Expansion Pack" feel rather than the more trendy and popular "DLC" feel.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    This was kind of announced a while back. The main vibe this time round is to go for a classic "Expansion Pack" feel rather than the more trendy and popular "DLC" feel.
    Yeah I know them talking about DLC was announced a while back but I haven't seen it on this site

Gaming since 1985!

This is good, minus the 360 gettin content first, as always. I'd rather have 1 or 2 HUGE expansions than 5 small ones that you can blow through in 4-5 hours.

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

You guys realize the 360 gets it first as a means of working out bugs in it before it goes to the PS3, right?

IE: It's the guinea pig console . Would you rather they release to both consoles at the same time, all full of bugs and glitches?

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Platinum Dohvakiin

Expansion Pack size dlc I can go for. I just wont be buying it. Now will I trade in my Skyrim disk, for the edition that includes all the dlc. You bet your @ss I will

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 5 - Silver

anything similar to the SIZE of The Shivering Isles when it first came out for Oblivion will be awesome(skooma anyone?)

I know i have a couple months before even thinking about any kind of expansion for Skyrim, but if they go the shivering Isles way,that would be a BIG add on, SI was like a seperate-game added to an already huge game, i know i put more than 30 hours on that part of Oblivion, which is what they quoted for gameplay time.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i hope the dlc prices will be reasonable

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    You guys realize the 360 gets it first as a means of working out bugs in it before it goes to the PS3, right?

IE: It's the guinea pig console . Would you rather they release to both consoles at the same time, all full of bugs and glitches?
    LOL!!

Very good point sir

PRO Member

None of this DLC crap for Skyrim please lets keep with the proper expansion packs, Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, heck even Bloodmoon and Tribunal where great for Morrowind back in its glory days.

2 more big expansion packs will keep us all happy and good job Xbox guinea pigs you sort out all them bugs for us

Kiwi Defender

As long as it ain't overpriced beyond overpricing, I won't complain.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Personally, I think this is lame. If you're already working on a DLC (and no doubt Bethesda was working on this during Skyrims development), why not include it in the game? You know why, because Bethesda wants money. The big reason why I dislike Bethesda is that they release great, immersive games, but they only allow some of it available to you upon purchase. Spending another 10-20 dollars on DLC in order to get the whole experience is not worth it and is an easy money-grab for Bethesda. Either release the game as a whole, or don't release it at all. I'm fine with DLCs that add on some extra online shit, but when it comes to singleplayer and story (which is all Skyrim has), I'd rather not have to be forced into buying a DLC to make the game whole.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    i hope the dlc prices will be reasonable
    Very good point , as i remember the first time i bought Shivering Isles for my nephews account on 360 thinking "$30 ? for real?" i cant believe its still that price in the PSN Store, but at the time of play it was 100% worth it, still $20 would be a nice max limit on price.

& you guys know, right or wrong, that Microsoft paid for the dlcs early? the whole they get to work the bugs out for us is just an optimistic way of saying "crap they get it first"

Microsoft paid to get it first, no biggie.

The One and Only

This sounds pretty cool to me. I just don't want to pay for it if I get the game

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    This sounds pretty cool to me. I just don't want to pay for it if I get the game
    Yeah, and I bet you don't want to pay for the game either.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Yeah, and I bet you don't want to pay for the game either.
    I don't mind paying for the game, I just don't really like paying for extra content in games, especially those that last only a few hours and isn't worth it's value <_<

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I hope the quality dlc is armor for your horse. That would be so amazing!

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Zerbog View Post
    I hope the quality dlc is armor for your horse. That would be so amazing!
    You seriously can't be serious? Horse Armour as Quality DLC? This has to be a joke. God please say this is a joke.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post

Indeed so. That's what happened with F: NV.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    You seriously can't be serious? Horse Armour as Quality DLC? This has to be a joke. God please say this is a joke.
    Yes, it's a joke. There was a DLC that just had horse armor for Oblivion.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast