Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Skyrim, so what you think?

This is a discussion on Skyrim, so what you think? within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Damn, I still got another 9 hours before I even get my hands on it. Time is goin so slowly. ...

Gaming since 1985!

Damn, I still got another 9 hours before I even get my hands on it. Time is goin so slowly. I even tried to take a nap, no go there. Maybe I shouldn't have taken off of work today also, maybe time woulda went faster with something to do than wait. Everyone's posts are gettin me so pumped!

EDIT: Is anyone having glitching or other problems famous with Bethseda games? About how long was your install time with the patch?

Player Hater

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    I saw the awesome graphics but the gameplay is FPS damn and i was giving it a chance
    Do yourself a favour and give it a chance, mate. This is not an FPS by what we would call normal standards. I know how much you love decent games by your Yakuza plats alone. This game is like an RPG Yakuza, but with even more epic.

Another hint: Watch out for them booby-traps. I made a comparision to Demon's Souls before (not warranted difficulty-wise), but you better be on your toes when moving round the dungeons of Skyrim.
    And another: Be smart. There are fucking puzzles in Skyrim! OMFGWTFBBQ! Sure, these aren't Portal -style braintwisters, but they are a good addition to this game, helping to break up the action a bit in the dungeons and keep you on your toes.
    9 hours of work ahead of me today. FUCK, I HATE THE REAL WORLD!

Quote Originally Posted by jess1234567 View Post
    EDIT: Is anyone having glitching or other problems famous with Bethseda games? About how long was your install time with the patch?
    I haven't noticed any game-breakers, but yes, this is a classic Bethesda game. NPC's will do some weird shit and say some weird shit and sometimes refer to characters you haven't met yet. In no way have I encountered any glitch that would 'break' the game as of yet, and no glitch has spoiled the enjoyment of the game. I think as seasoned veterans of Bethesda's worlds, we have come to see some humour in some of the bugs present.
    Install took about 20 minutes including patch. Not long at all, friend.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    Do yourself a favour and give it a chance, mate. This is not an FPS by what we would call normal standards. I know how much you love decent games by your Yakuza plats alone. This game is like an RPG Yakuza, but with even more epic.

Another hint: Watch out for them booby-traps. I made a comparision to Demon's Souls before (not warranted difficulty-wise), but you better be on your toes when moving round the dungeons of Skyrim.
    And another: Be smart. There are fucking puzzles in Skyrim! OMFGWTFBBQ! Sure, these aren't Portal -style braintwisters, but they are a good addition to this game, helping to break up the action a bit in the dungeons and keep you on your toes.
    9 hours of work ahead of me today. FUCK, I HATE THE REAL WORLD!
    Thanks mate i ll check it out but not sure coz i really cant FPS i got headache quickly

Lvl 8 - Gold

Thanks mate i ll check it out but not sure coz i really cant FPS i got headache quickly
    you can switch to third person.

Platinum Dohvakiin

If you do not like the first person view. You can always change it to 3rd person. It's just a button press, and can be done on the fly. I toggle between 1st & 3rd all the time during my limited play of FO3.

If you are unsure and feel like you might waste the cash. You can always just rent it. But coming from someone who's played TES since Morrowind. You should at least give the game a try. It's honestly the one series in games. Where I can over look the bugs the games have.

Which probably makes me a hypocrite. Because I absolutely hate the Fallout series with a passion. But then again. No Elder Scrolls game locked up my system more than FO3 did. FO3 locked up my PS3 more than cops performing a raid on a drug house.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by jess1234567 View Post
    A quest glitched for me and I had to start again, I wasn't that far so it's not a big deal.

But I do advise you this (without spoiling anything of course); ermmm, follow the person to the first place before going off on an adventure.
    It messed up my game anyway

But other then that, nothing. Yeah there's a slight pause when it autosaves but its only brief so not a big deal.

Cal
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

best open world adventure game ever created.

1000 times better than oblivion.
    Going to the Chapel, Gonna Get Married.

Lvl 5 - Silver

My game froze in the intro on the wagon But who cares, this is the best game ever!

Immortal

^haha... I'm still waiting for my post! I hope the postman hasn't glitched and got stuck in a wall.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I've come across two problems so far;

1) is slow down, a lot of slow down, seems it's effecting all versions of the game though so it may just be a bug. I had to fight a dragon whilst in constant slow down -_-

2) I'VE LOST ALL MY ITEMS BECAUSE OF A QUEST . Not going to spoil the quest, but I put most of my items in my own house, then started the quest with what I thought were a few essential items, but you get these items taken off you during the quest. You do get the chance to get the items back, but I went passed it to kill some other people then couldn't get back to the place .

I had sooooo much gold as well -_-. Pro-tip; Don't ignore prompts!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    A quest glitched for me and I had to start again, I wasn't that far so it's not a big deal.

But I do advise you this (without spoiling anything of course); ermmm, follow the person to the first place before going off on an adventure.It messed up my game anyway

But other then that, nothing. Yeah there's a slight pause when it autosaves but its only brief so not a big deal.
    Game Informer provided this tip as well. My shipment should be here shortly. Can't wait to start this in a couple of days.

Nope, nothing

I'm excited for all you people who haven't got it yet and who are waiting for it

I have quests coming out of my arse on this game lol

Lvl 7 - Gold

anybody running into major bugs or glitches?

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by stealthkiller22 View Post
    anybody running into major bugs or glitches?
    Only the one about the quest I said before but that's easily avoided, other then that..nothing

Lvl 6 - Silver

The best of the year by far It was definitely worth the wait.

Gaming since 1985!

This game is BADASS. I got like 5 hours in and I think I've only done the first mission. So much to do, it's insane.

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    I played it for a few hours last night, and I can't believe how I've managed to survive not playing an Elder Scrolls game for so long. It reminded me of all the reasons I love gaming so much. The world is so fucking big. There is so much to do. So much to see. From my first few hours of play, I'll give a couple of tips for those preparing to play...
    Make sure you have food, drink and a bottle to pee in and a bucket to shit in near-by. You won't want to be going anywhere for quite a while.
    When 'dungeon-crawling', be prepared. The dungeons in this game are as large as what normal developers would call actual levels in any other game. Epic.
    Collect heaps of random shit. Mushrooms, wolf pelts, gems, thistles and random fruits and vegetables. You'll want as many different objects and ingredients as you can when you get the chance to indulge in many of the activities available around town... using a blacksmith's forge, an alchemy set-up, a tanning rack, even a lumber mill for fuck's sake.
    Don't try and take on a Giant with your low-level character. This is tantamount to suicide and will turn your copy of Elder Scrolls into a facsimile of Demon Souls.
    Make your choices wisely, and by that, I mean fuck shit up. In my first few hours in the game, I've been faced with some interesting conundrums posed to be by various townsfolk, and it is so much fun trying to chose which way you'll go with your decision. These aren't story missions, these are fucking everyday NPC non-story-related quests! So much responsibility!
    I honsetly can't believe how much there is to do already in Skyrim. I've only played it for about 4 hours (fucking work), and haven't even touched on what the actual whole game has to offer, but I am overwhelmed and impressed. This game is going to swallow your life if you allow it to. Fuck, I'm not even looking at a trophy list or guide for this one. It's gonna be all my story, baby, and that's the Elder Scrolls way!

Amen to that!! Here are just a few things i noticed while playing that really take this game to a new level.

Toggle Spoiler

Platinum Dohvakiin

My copy just showed up. I just finished installing the update. And it's doing the game install now. That damn bar isn't moving fast enough for me right now...

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    2) I'VE LOST ALL MY ITEMS BECAUSE OF A QUEST . Not going to spoil the quest, but I put most of my items in my own house, then started the quest with what I thought were a few essential items, but you get these items taken off you during the quest. You do get the chance to get the items back, but I went passed it to kill some other people then couldn't get back to the place .

I had sooooo much gold as well -_-. Pro-tip; Don't ignore prompts!
    Disregard! I R COCK.

On the plus, got all my shit back :3

дурак

I've been playing for about 8 hours now. And I need to go to sleep for work tonight

I can't wait to come home and continue playing. This game has climbed to the very top of my top 5 games this year. There were like 200+ at the midnight release, which is mind blowing for this town.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast