Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Skyrim, so what you think?

This is a discussion on Skyrim, so what you think? within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; So far, so good. As of this post, I'm 5th level, and just killed my first dragon. The dragon animation ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

So far, so good. As of this post, I'm 5th level, and just killed my first dragon.

The dragon animation was spectacular, but ... I'm sorry, but it just shouldnt be possible for a 5th level character to take on a dragon. I was hoping they'd be a LOT tougher, and a lot larger.

Hopefully, the one I fought just now was a wimp, and that all the other dragons in the world are much much stronger.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jess1234567 View Post
    EDIT: Is anyone having glitching or other problems famous with Bethseda games? About how long was your install time with the patch?
    I'm not sure if it was a bug, or my own fault, but after doing the side quest for the owner of the shop in Riverwood, upon returning to town, everyone attacked me, so I was unable to turn in the quest or do anything else in town. And was continually overpowered by the townspeople. I have no idea why this happened.
    I lost about 4 1/2 hours and just restarted the game, and just didn't grab anything from anyone (whether the item was red or not), until after I'd completed the quest on my second try. Luckily, it didn't happen again and I've moved on in the game.
    This world is so freaking huge with so much to do. I'll admit, I've glanced at the trophy list a few times, but from what I can tell, I'll be able to do everything just by playing the game. There's so much to do.
    I constantly find myself switching between a one-hand weapon+shield, magic+shield and dual-wielding magic. The combat has been refined so much that it's scary to think what we put up with before. And I love the class-less character system. You get rewarded no matter what skills you increase, and they all contribute to your overall level. Bethesda took everything good about Oblivion and topped it. I'll be playing this game for a long time (in and around other releases).

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    So far, so good. As of this post, I'm 5th level, and just killed my first dragon.

The dragon animation was spectacular, but ... I'm sorry, but it just shouldnt be possible for a 5th level character to take on a dragon. I was hoping they'd be a LOT tougher, and a lot larger.

Hopefully, the one I fought just now was a wimp, and that all the other dragons in the world are much much stronger.
    Change the difficulty in the options for a more challenging experience. I am playing it on expert and i have died a few times but i prefer it. Adept is too easy in my opinion.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Just put 2 hours into the game before I have to go out. Loving it so far. Just completed the quest to collect the golden claw for lucas. The part with the giant spider was cool, especially using the scroll for the fire ball on it.

Now I've done that I think I'm just gonna explore as much as possible.

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    I'm not sure if it was a bug, or my own fault, but after doing the side quest for the owner of the shop in Riverwood, upon returning to town, everyone attacked me, so I was unable to turn in the quest or do anything else in town. And was continually overpowered by the townspeople. I have no idea why this happened.
    I lost about 4 1/2 hours and just restarted the game, and just didn't grab anything from anyone (whether the item was red or not), until after I'd completed the quest on my second try. Luckily, it didn't happen again and I've moved on in the game.
    This world is so freaking huge with so much to do. I'll admit, I've glanced at the trophy list a few times, but from what I can tell, I'll be able to do everything just by playing the game. There's so much to do.
    I constantly find myself switching between a one-hand weapon+shield, magic+shield and dual-wielding magic. The combat has been refined so much that it's scary to think what we put up with before. And I love the class-less character system. You get rewarded no matter what skills you increase, and they all contribute to your overall level. Bethesda took everything good about Oblivion and topped it. I'll be playing this game for a long time (in and around other releases).

Did you kill the chickens at all? I've found killing one is enough to piss of the town.

Platinum Dohvakiin

The only Bug/Glitch I've come across. Was when I was on my way to Whiterun. I broke into this guys house and killed him (just for sh*ts and giggles). Killed the two guards, got the notice that there were no witnesses to my crime. I finish up a few quest. Go back to Riverwood. And there's two hired thugs who were paid to kick my ass. For stealing the dead guys stuff. After killing them they had a note that explained all of that. But the person who paid them. Was the dead guy.

But the good news is. I can now buy the dead guys house. Because "One just came on the market." That's what the guy( I forgot his name) who's in Whiterun who can sell you a house says/ Which I thought was pretty funny. Considering I killed the guy who owned the house. And now they want me to buy it.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post

See, the first boss is usually pretty easy and then the later ones get tougher.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Did you kill the chickens at all? I've found killing one is enough to piss of the town.
    Holy crap, seriously? That's what caused it? I think I remember killing one, but I didn't realize it counted as a pet and would make the whole town take up arms against me. Oh well... live and learn, I guess. Thanks for the heads up.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    See, the first boss is usually pretty easy and then the later ones get tougher.
    The first dragon is easy. Because it's not just you alone. It's you and like 4 other people fighting the thing. The second one I fought was harder because. It was just me and the Companion the well, Companions gave me. I spent half the time fighting the Dragon. And the other half while it was flying around, healing myself.

pro tip: If you don't have a decent bow. Get one. Because you'll probably need it when you face dragons. Makes the battle so much easier. Even if you don't use it often. You can still get some damage with it. Plus I learned if you shot it a few arrows. It will delay it's attack run (only for a few seconds) but long enough to heal yourself a bit. Which may make the difference between dying and not.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 7 - Gold

Epic... a combination of Oblivion, lotr, game of thrones and world of warcraft.

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have a pet dog named Meeko, a companion name Lydia, 2 dragons dead, and I'm an Argonian named Wrex. It's been awesome so far.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    The first dragon is easy. Because it's not just you alone. It's you and like 4 other people fighting the thing. The second one I fought was harder because. It was just me and the Companion the well, Companions gave me. I spent half the time fighting the Dragon. And the other half while it was flying around, healing myself.

pro tip: If you don't have a decent bow. Get one. Because you'll probably need it when you face dragons. Makes the battle so much easier. Even if you don't use it often. You can still get some damage with it. Plus I learned if you shot it a few arrows. It will delay it's attack run (only for a few seconds) but long enough to heal yourself a bit. Which may make the difference between dying and not.
    it is the first boss ive taken down three of them now with little difficulty and i got this burst of cockyness and went looking for my 4th which i found northeast of whiterun towards morthal in the Hjaalmarch [yes im using the real life map for directions] and spent about 30-40 minutes of bow slash dodge heal repeat and did so little damage that i felt like every hit missed [which it didnt] so i just let it kill me and skirted around the area out of fear of the awesome dragon power apparently there colour donates there difficult brown and green being the weakest and bronze being one of the strongest fyi i was lvl 9 at the time

Gone

So Im a fan of classic RPG'S and Ive been very curious about the game, I hated Fallout 3 though, will I like this better?

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Not worthy of a new a topic some I'm just gonna ask here -

Can I buy furniture for my house? I just spent 5000 notes on a house only to find out it's a hole.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by Simpo64 View Post
    So Im a fan of classic RPG'S and Ive been very curious about the game, I hated Fallout 3 though, will I like this better?
    Did you like Oblivion? If so, you'll like this.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i haven't played an Elder Scrolls game so i was wondering if it is needed to follow the story - or are they like Final Fanatsy where they are isolated storylines ?
    Hall of Fame - Best Platinum Trophies

Bioshock (100%) | LittleBigPlanet (100%) | Trine (100%) | Dead Nation (100%) | Batman: Arkham Asylum (100%) |
    Borderlands (100%) | Singularity (100%) | Dead Space (100%) | Bioshock 2 (100%) | Rage (100%) | Killzone HD (100%) |
    RESOGUN (100%)
    | Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (100%)

coming soon ... God of War (82%) | God of War II (88%)

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by ro-llow View Post
    i haven't played an Elder Scrolls game so i was wondering if it is needed to follow the story - or are they like Final Fanatsy where they are isolated storylines ?
    This is a separate story. It takes place 200 years after the events in Oblivion.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ro-llow View Post
    there stand alone in the same world altho if you wanna know you can get books in the game telling the plot of oblivion morrowind and daggerfall

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Did you like Oblivion? If so, you'll like this.
    No never played an Elders Scroll

Game on....

Q: When will the official soundtrack be released for the elder scrolls v: skyrim?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast