View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

6 6.06%
  • 2 - Easy

46 46.46%
  • 3 - Moderate

36 36.36%
  • 4 - Hard

10 10.10%
  • 5 - Very Hard

1 1.01%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Moderate . For the amount of time you have to put in this game and the dedication to get past ...

Nope, nothing

Moderate.

For the amount of time you have to put in this game and the dedication to get past the horrible lag, it's more than easy

PRO Member

I would like to say its easy can be very easy. Put in 215 hours total but the gameplay probably around 160 hours. Despite couple glitches done it all in 1 playthrough. Losing a day of game play due to a glitch to join the theives guild and didn't do a hard save before the quest. Light lag couple hours before logging off for the day. To the last hour of game play the lag was terrible before logging off.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Would anyone happen to have a save file from right before getting the 15th daedric artifact they'd be willing to share? I'm not wanting to do another playthrough the night before christmas for this one trophy.

Chuck Norris Approved.

I voted moderate just for the simple fact of some of the bug's/glitche's. As for just straight game play it is rather easy.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

I was tempted to vote easy, but I upped it to moderate, because:

* The game is one of the longest, if not THE longest, open world games released to date. It's even longer than it's predecessor, Oblivion, and at least twice as long as Red Dead Redemption. Fully exploring the world is an endeavor requiring multiple hundreds of hours, and as much as we might wish to believe that duration has no bearing on difficulty, it simply cannot be overlooked in games of such size.

* The PS3 version is plagued by dozens upon dozens of bugs, which causes considerable frustration and adds significantly to the playtime required for platinum.

-----------------
    p.s. Attention Moderators ... per the official requirements posted at the start of this thread, please strip all votes by people who have not completed platinum, and issue PM'd warnings accordingly. As officers of the site, it is incumbent on you to stay properly abreast of members who willfully disregard forum guidelines.

p.p.s. Please fix the poll settings so that the votes are visible, per the thread author's intent.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 12-29-2011 at 10:48 PM.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Since Aug. 09

i voted easy, very long and fun game. i had no reall problems with the game besides the basic freeze here and there, which i can easily get past.

Dominate!

Irish Rover

I voted easy.. After 119 hours the game only froze on me twice,although the frame rate did suffer now and again.
    Luckily i had no bugs or glitches

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The only problem I did had with Skyrim was the Thieves guild bug. I had to create an thief named Zod. He wasn't wearing black but still I love General Zod from Superman 2. Anyhow I finished all the thieves guild quest lines for it. It was solid quest line over all to me. Still not better than Dark Brotherhood but still all good. The lag was bad at times but resetting the game was able to resolve some of the issues along with the turn off Auto Saves. As far as the rest of the stuff it was moderate some spots tricky but still I'd get the expansions for it.
    Lord Fenton
    Gaming since the days of Kings Quest 3

Working On: Dungeon Defenders and Batman:AC(PS3) and Borderlands (PC Steam) til I start round 2 of my BG:EE good guy this time.
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimFenton

дурак

I voted Easy. The Platinum is just time consuming. For those wanting to rush through this plat, just take your time and savor the game. It'll take you longer, but you will never forget the experience.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

very easy,you can platinum this game with your eyes closed.there is nothing difficult about it,youll get it just naturally playing the game,it'll take a lot of hours but that doesnt make it difficult.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Easy, Time Consuming but one of the most fun 100+ hour games iv played. enjoyed every bit of it.... and now i have my life back!!!

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Voted easy.
    I glanced at the Trophy Guide before I started, played well over a hundred hours & then looked at the guide some more. Didn't run into any quest breaking bugs/glitches, just stupid lag Time consuming, yes, hard, no.

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Lvl 5 - Silver

I played on Master Difficulty and not even considering you could play it on a lower difficulty I'd rate it 'very easy'. As mentioned many times, it's just time consuming but there is no trophy that really takes some skills to get, the only challenge in the game is not to run in any of the countless bugs and if you do, to find some exploits in order not to have to start from the beginning again - I couldn't finish one daedric quest because an involved person died during a dragon attack, I found a glitched daedric quest in which you could get two artefacts and so I could still get Oblivion Walker without having to start with a new character.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Moderate.

The length added difficulty (and fun) to the trophy getting, but the only problem mainly was bugs.

Especially so on the Thieves guild trophy, and daedric artifacts.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate.

The only thing that was hard about it was the time it took to complete, and if you were unfortunate enough (like me) to sell your thieves guild armor or get a glitched quest.

The Last of Us

2. Easy

I think I'm just gonna vote this on all the Bethesda games I play.
    Took me 80 hours to get the plat on the moderate difficulty, it would take less if you feel like lowering the difficulty but I wouldn't recommend it.
    Happy dragon hunting!

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Easy.

Aside from the weirdest glitches and bugs i have seen in games so far. And the time required to make it to plat.
    Like the game rebooting itself after 3 hours of play.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

voted Easy. The Platinum is just time consuming,got bored after about 150hours quests tend to repeat themselfs and had to restart cause of enemys not appearing in the civil war quests

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Easy - But very time consuming and the Thieves Guild quests are so repetitive and boring, other than that a great game, although I did suffer from the game freezing every now and again and the lagggggggggggggg.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted Easy,
    The only challenging parts of the game are that its time consuming and there is always the possibility of fatal glitch that could cause your entire save to be ruined.

Platinum Trophies im working on

Toggle Spoiler

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast