View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

6 6.06%
  • 2 - Easy

46 46.46%
  • 3 - Moderate

36 36.36%
  • 4 - Hard

10 10.10%
  • 5 - Very Hard

1 1.01%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Thanks to Rankineer of the Banner Team for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to Rankineer of the Banner Team for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.sdf

PRO Member

the plats not that hard to get only thing that makes it harder for ps3 users is the frame rate slowing and being really chopy after 6 mb which happens after first day of play. almost evey thing is wraped up with story quest and guild quest

Platinum Dohvakiin

Skyrim isn't particulary hard to plat. It's just time consuming. Expect to put in a 100+ hours if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game.
    And I like how there's five votes for the difficulty. When as of this post. Only two have actually platted the game.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 5 - Silver

It's an easy platinum, but pretty time consuming. Got this in about 160 hours..
    I love this game, like all the other bethesda rpg's.
    I did 2 playthroughs, i misplaced an artifact..
    Last edited by S810666; 07-04-2012 at 07:02 AM.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Now that I have obtained the platinum, all I have to say is that the platinum difficulty is "Easy" at best.

It is not particularly hard, especially on Adept (Normal) difficulty, but just VERY time-consuming. As long as you avoid the serious bugs that actually will stop you from the platinum on your first and only Skyrim playthrough, you will be fine. Most of the trophies are very straightforward, and there are only two or so missable trophies, but as long as you read the trophy guide carefully, you should be able to do everything in one playthrough.

That being said, the framerate lag issue is still ever pertinent here after the latest patch. So if you do not mind a soft reset every hour or two, then it will be fine. Have fun! =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 6 - Silver

plat is very simple and straightforward, but still very entertaining to achieve. loved this game from start to finish, and will probably have another run at it even with the platinum. if you havent played this yet, you should get on with it

Lvl 1 - Bronze

the plat was very easy, loved the game, shame there wasnt more trophies lol

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Skyrim was easy to platinum. It was just time consuming and frustrating when you find bugs and have to redo something.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The game was easy to platinum. Sure, it took me a shitload of hours, but it was never very "hard". Especially considering you can turn down the difficouly-setting so it becomes even easier

Gaming since 1985!

I'd have to say easy. Takes a while, alot of hunting certain things down, freezing/framerate issues but all in all, a very satisfying plat. I'll still be playing this for months to come.

Bringing the PAIN

I gave it a MED rating... Not all that hard but the freezing only happened in my last 3 DB missions. It froze 15 times and bout made me give up. So the few headaches you could get from the bugs could make it harder for some. But I could not be swayed and added it at #42!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 2 - Bronze

You surely must have a lot of patience to achieve it. Not super hard to get!

And you can make it a lot easier to set the game on novice difficulty (I play it on adept).

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

I'd go moderate.

Not hard at all, but a bit time consuming - Thieves Guild can be a little bit of a grind, as can amassing 100K Gold. The trophies are all straight forward, however, just like Fallout 3 & New Vegas, and Oblivion's Achievements before it.

Just don't expect to get in in a day or two.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Lvl 4 - Silver

Honestly I got it last night and it was really easy. Not to difficult of a game if you play on novice (I played on the 2nd hardest) and It only took 88 hours so took a lot less than I expected. And I never experienced any game breaking glitches or bugs. And I could look past the frame rate issues. So not difficult at all.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

PRO Member

2 - Easy. Easy platinum overall, and an enjoyable one at that. It's more of a time consuming platinum rather than a difficult one, barely anything is missable with the exception of a few things. I achieved the platinum in 90 hours, 21 minutes and that was a playthrough where the trophies weren't a priority. It can easily be done in around 60 hours if rushed, but I don't advise it because it's an amazing game.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

RPG Master

2. Easy The game itself is very engaging and does not require a lot of information in order to understand how to play. This platinum could have been a 3 or a 4 if I had felt like playing the entire game on Master difficulty. That being said, there were only a few places that required me to start over from a previous savefile because I did not know what I was doing.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Lvl 4 - Silver

I would say it's a fairly easy platinum. Can be very time consuming like everyone else said so if you don't like putting a lot of commitment into your platinums then this one is not for you. Other than that you will just have to deal with more choppiness and lag the bigger your save file gets and always remember to have a backup save file in a different location or you may lose 8 hours of progress like I did.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

i definately think that this game was an easy plat because most of the trophies were achieved through mainquest rather than specific challenges. and the one's that did require specific things to do werent that quite of a challenge. like getting 100,000 gold or getting a bounty of 1000 in all 9 holds. it was just a time consuming platinum rather than difficult

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Easy - I did spend over 200 hours playing and rushed the end due to the frame-rate and freeze issues. There were no difficult trophies especially with the option to change between difficulty levels. Great game and completely different to any I've played before, I will definitely play it again!!

Huge Gaming Backlog

I voted Moderate. Like everyone else said it was time consuming. In saying that it wasn't to bad because I had fun playing it. I only played through on Adept mode so it wasn't extremely hard though there were some tricky parts. The only trouble I really had was with the Daedric Quests. Not because of difficulty but with bugs.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast