How's the third person view?

This is a discussion on How's the third person view? within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; How is the third person view in this game? I heard it was clunky in Oblivion, and I wondered the ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

How's the third person view?

How is the third person view in this game? I heard it was clunky in Oblivion, and I wondered the third person view in Skyrim has improved or not.

Lvl 5 - Silver

yes ,its an improved 3rd person view,and it works alot better than Oblivion or Fallout 3,my only trouble was id swear i did not make my dude look so ugly but i guess i did,(the camera can get panned around front of the player,unlike Oblivions which could not)

I use the 3rd person view randomly,but still switch back to first person for the battles and actually a majority of the time,Im just to use to first person,and the game feels faster that way,but Skyrims 3rd person view is an improvement over Oblivions yes.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    yes ,its an improved 3rd person view,and it works alot better than Oblivion or Fallout 3,my only trouble was id swear i did not make my dude look so ugly but i guess i did,(the camera can get panned around front of the player,unlike Oblivions which could not)

I use the 3rd person view randomly,but still switch back to first person for the battles and actually a majority of the time,Im just to use to first person,and the game feels faster that way,but Skyrims 3rd person view is an improvement over Oblivions yes.
    I see. Thanks for the reply.

Does the third person view looks like Dead Space games third person view or Dark Souls' third person view?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i find its more like dark souls but obviously not as good the game wasnt meant to be played in 3rd person its an immersive experience so its more focused on 1st person and you can see that by the fact that its still much easier to do things in first but ye theyve improved the 3rd person so that you can moreso play the game like that whereas in oblivion 3rd person made it a chore .. my problem is the speed of the character theres no sprint option that ive found yet and it just seems unnessessarily slow

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Koubashii_Rai View Post
    i find its more like dark souls but obviously not as good the game wasnt meant to be played in 3rd person its an immersive experience so its more focused on 1st person and you can see that by the fact that its still much easier to do things in first but ye theyve improved the 3rd person so that you can moreso play the game like that whereas in oblivion 3rd person made it a chore .. my problem is the speed of the character theres no sprint option that ive found yet and it just seems unnessessarily slow
    L2 is sprint man now go get em

& on the topic,yes its more like Dark Souls 3rd person.

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

It works. It's FAR above and beyond what Oblivion/Morrowind/Fallout had. You character moves naturally now - they no longer look like they have a huge load in their pants.

Though I'll agree with the above statement: It's not meant to be played this way. It works, and it's usable, but the game is first and foremost first person. It's just better that way, and a lot more fun.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Lvl 6 - Silver

Third person is nice, but my chief complaint with it is that the camera is too close to your character, and as a result your character's backside fills too much of the screen and makes it harder to see what's in front of you. I wish there was a way to zoom out further.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It's way better than Oblivion's 3rd person, I'm tending to switch between them every so often. The only gripe I have with it (and the game as a whole so far) is that if I spin the camera round to view my character from the front and the walk away from the camera, he is flipped round with no animation, so one second I'm looking at his front next his back which takes away slightly from the immersion of the game. So no I have to remember to spin the camera back round to his back first before I move off. However this is my only gripe with this otherwise superb game. GOTY for me

Lvl 2 - Bronze

woohoo sprint right have i learn the whirlwind sprint shout now ive no complaints well sorta i miss the being a guild house in every town instead of just one but fast travel makes up for that