Quest help {spoilers}

This is a discussion on Quest help {spoilers} within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Quest: MISCELLANEOUS - "Bring supplies to High Hrothgar" I got to HH just fine (tip: watch out for the ice ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quest help {spoilers}

Quest: MISCELLANEOUS - "Bring supplies to High Hrothgar"

I got to HH just fine (tip: watch out for the ice dragon that patrols the 7k steps trail), and completed the way of the voice quest with the greybeards, and explored the keep ... but I cannot seem to find where I'm support to drop off the supplies. There's no discussion option with the greybeards to ask them where it put it, and I can't simply drop it on the floor of the keep because it's a quest item and therefore stuck in my inventory until I find the correct place to unload them. I already fully explored HH, so I'm drawing a blank. The only place I couldnt go was the wind gate, which supposedly the 5th and final greybeard is behind.

So, where do we drop off the H.H. supplies ?

EDIT:ANSWER ... there's a large storage chest at the top of the 7000 steps trail, just at the foot of the final steps into High Hrolthgar keep. Open the chest, and the standard trading screen will open ... then go under your misc items, select the supplies item, and select 'store', and the sub-quest item will clear itself from your list.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 11-12-2011 at 04:36 PM.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Did you learn all the shouts yet? All three of the unrelenting shouts? I don't remember bringing back supplies to HH? I'm kinda far ahead...I think.
    "May we meet again on the path, before we all meet in the clearing ..." Roland Deschain

Sig by: Bladia

Lvl 6 - Silver

So far (as of this post) I've learned the following:

* Whirlwind Sprint 1
    * Unrelenting Force 1 & 2

I've obviously had a bit less hands-on playtime than you. I think I'm about 10 hours in.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yeah...hmmmm. I'm further ahead. Well...Let's see here...did you go kill the dragon that suppose to be resurrected?
    "May we meet again on the path, before we all meet in the clearing ..." Roland Deschain

Sig by: Bladia

Lvl 6 - Silver

Ok, SOLVED my own question ... I'll update my earlier post momentarily.
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i had to fast travel back to do it i forgot i recommend anyone whos doing it to keep the quest active for the marker elseways youll forget like me

Lvl 6 - Silver

QUEST: The Black Star {spoiler}

Toggle Spoiler

Tips welcome.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 11-14-2011 at 03:15 PM.
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 10 - Platinum

is azura's star the artifact that functions as a soul gem?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Yep ... the ultimate soul gem ... it's not destroyed when you use it to recharge items. Eliminates the need for other soul gems.
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 10 - Platinum

not a big fan of soul gems since they get used but i did love azuras star in oblivion so i might have to make a play for it sometime soon, i try to stay away from magical weapons since the charge runs out so quick but no worries with the star

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    i try to stay away from magical weapons since the charge runs out so quick but no worries with the star
    Tips:
    * I made all of my own armor and weapons, and gave all 4 of my primary offensive weapons charged powers. I have 2 war axes with drain health (handy slowing down the decrease in my health bar during a fight), a backup axe with soul trap (which I'll swap in whenever my charged items need refilling), and my bow has fire damage on it (which I'll charge up when hunting potent enemies).

* I only resort to the use of things like staves when I'm either exploiting a killzone against a numerically superior enemy, or if I'm in over my head and need to fall back on some battery-powered firepower - which also helps buy time for my own magicka to replenish, and takes the pressure of my need for quick healing potions.

I originally had my soul tap on a 2H greatsword (a tip of the hat to michael moorcock's "Stormbringer"), but I replaced it with another war axe, in order to eliminate the need for the 2H perk tree.

My preferred combat style cycles between the following, depending on the needs of the moment:
    * Twin Waraxes (for mowing down mooks)
    * Waraxe + Shield (for slugging it out with lieutenants)
    * Waraxe + Spell (for slugging it out with lieutenants)
    * Waraxe + Staff (for fighting retreats)
    * Longbow (for assassination or initiating engagements)
    * Twin or 2-handed Spellcasting (when backed into a corner)
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 11-18-2011 at 10:54 PM.
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

I just recovered DAWNBREAKER (Daedric artifact sword). If anyone needs help on that one, let me know. It was a very tomb-raideresque deal involving using gems to focus light into an underground chamber to destroy an undead baddie. Although well animated and executed, it was horribly trite and unoriginal. Shame on the writers for that.

Funny aside: during the climactic battle, I was magick'd out, and the baddie (and several supporting shades) were still bangin away at me, so I whipped out not one but TWO fireball staves (one in each hand), and I unloaded both of them in alternating fashion, like a pair of hand-howitzers on semi-auto, until the last of the undead buggers finally gave up the ghost (pun intended). For a moment there, I thought I was channelling Frank Zane (aka The Punisher).

And on that note I'm almost ready to resume my pursuit of Azura's Star (which I had to dogear a few days ago due to insufficient levels).
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 11-18-2011 at 11:46 AM.
    Amazon Reviewer