Different Guilds

This is a discussion on Different Guilds within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; what are they were they found at and how do you join?...

PRO Member

Different Guilds

what are they were they found at and how do you join?

Prayer Warrior

i believe you mean to have the word "guilds" in the title.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 2 - Bronze

companions - whiterun - go to the big domed building on your right on your way to the dragons reach go to basement and talk to the old guy in the back kodlak whitemane

The Thieves Guild - Rifton - go into the inn and talk to Brynjolf

Dark Brotherhood - Windhelm - talk to any innkeeper to hear rumour about a child trying to summon them or talk to Maul in Rifton [costs money] or talk to Idesa Sadri in candlehearth hall windhelm

College of Winter's Hold - Winterhold - go to cross the bridge to the college youll be stopped by a woman asks question shell ask you to heal her with magic if you dont have the spell you can buy it from her for 30

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Koubashii_Rai View Post
    College of Winter's Hold - Winterhold - go to cross the bridge to the college youll be stopped by a woman asks question shell ask you to heal her with magic if you dont have the spell you can buy it from her for 30

She asked me to do a different spell, so it's clearly part of the radiant system.

BTW, I'm very relieved that there's a lot less pressure to "level efficiently" (unlike oblivion, where you had to be VERY cautious about it). It's nice to be able to take a level when you earn it, and not have to avoid vital skills to prevent it.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 2 - Bronze

ok so maybe a different spell but she should still sell it to you for 30g if you dont have it im fairly sure thats set i wonder if its something to do with stats tho cos i had just healed myself beforehand however i tend to focus almost exclusively on destruction magic specifically flames its probly the handiest low mp cost ranged damage extra damage on flaming targets and Dot after you stop casting .. and ye i do like that i mean oblivion was hard to create a balanced character with the stat boost on use for everything like running and jumping it was way to easy to unbalance your character in this one its much better

Lvl 1 - Bronze

She had me cast Flame Atronauch that she sold me for 30 gp.

Also, as far as the Dark Brotherhood goes, I have helped that child in Windhelm and the Dark Brotherhood haven't contacted me. What gives? Is there something I'm missing?

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Taleren View Post
    She had me cast Flame Atronauch that she sold me for 30 gp.

Also, as far as the Dark Brotherhood goes, I have helped that child in Windhelm and the Dark Brotherhood haven't contacted me. What gives? Is there something I'm missing?
    same here with the flame atronach spell, havent started dark brotherhood yet so cant help with that

Lvl 6 - Silver

i had to cast flame atronarch when i didnt even have enough magic to cast it in the first place! how upsetting lol

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    i had to cast flame atronarch when i didnt even have enough magic to cast it in the first place! how upsetting lol
    thankfully i had just enough magicka to cast it

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Taleren View Post
    The thing with the Dark Brotherhood is. First after you help the kid. A Currier will deliver you a message later on while your traveling. And it's just a note with a Black hand that says "We Know" on it. Then you have to get into a bed and sleep for at least 8 hours. And when you wake up. You'll be in a shed with Astrid who's the leader of the DB. You do what she asks, and go where she tells you to go. And you're in the DB.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I appreciate your response. I was a dope, and looked up what I was doing. I haven't assassinated the headmaster of the orphanage yet. I have killed a member of the Dark Brotherhood who tried to attack me and took his note. I did the first quest for the kid that was summoning the Dark Brotherhood. I haven't finished his entire questline yet, which is my problem I guess.

The other problem is, I don't sleep. I'm a werewolf, why would I sleep for 8 hours. I did the other night right after I bought my first house, just to sleep in my own bed. The Dark Brotherhood didn't show up then for sure. Hopefully after I kill the headmaster, the Dark Brotherhood will contact me. I will even try to sleep again!

Though last night when I last played, I just really got to Solitude and the Bard College. I have several quests to finish near there before I go finish the kid's quest. Hopefully I can test this all out tonight, as I won't get to play until Sunday after tonight.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Yeah you have to kill the Headmistress. As long as she is still alive. The DB will never contact you. Because killing her is the reason why the contact you in the first place. Because you stole their murder. First kill her, then a Currier will give you a note, then go to sleep. It's the going to sleep part that most people never do. And is the main reason why the DB Quest line doesn't start for them.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 1 - Bronze

She had me do a Fear spell what cost me 30g and.... 135magicka.... I was only at 110magicka So had to level 3 levels before entering...