Storing items question

This is a discussion on Storing items question within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; For big looters out there who check almost every room, urns, corpses, etc. where do you store your stuff? The ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Storing items question

For big looters out there who check almost every room, urns, corpses, etc. where do you store your stuff? The cheapest house I know you can buy is in Whiterun for 5000 gold. Unfortunately I used a lot of my gold on magicka training so far and it's quite hard to find merchants who sells specific items. Since my backpack gets overloaded every time I venture to a dungeon, where can I store my stuff early on in the game?

Was also wondering if stuff you store in random places disappears randomly unless it's inside your property.

my latest anime updates

Lvl 4 - Silver

i believe if you drop items on the ground, they remain there for like...ever. because cows and chickens ive killed have remained in their spots still dead

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Lvl 5 - Silver

Yea ive had that problem in the beginning until i started focusing alot on pickpocketing. There is a perk in that skill tree to add 100 to your carry capacity, which helps alot. also a perk in speech i think to sell any item to every merchant which helps unload stuff quicker. Its not hard to get 5000 gold tho just buy a house. I only did that recently tho because of to much weight being wasted on holding potions and smithing items.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I store my stuff which atm is over 400 capacity, in a chest. The chest lies in Eastmarch, at the peak of the dragons nest. I've heard rumors about npcs stealing your stuff. Fortunately for me, I think the dragons respawn, so I have to kill them everytime I go there.

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by TingTingPanda View Post
    i believe if you drop items on the ground, they remain there for like...ever. because cows and chickens ive killed have remained in their spots still dead
    ^Yeah. I've slain a dragon in Whiterun, outside Breezehome - it's still there now - people know not to mess with whoever is in that house.
    Last edited by Swanny; 11-15-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by TingTingPanda View Post
    some bodies and stuff will remain after you kill them but if you drop something from your inventory dont expect it to be there for very long, i dropped a heavy weapon in the middle of a town and a guard came up to me and told me not to do it again or id be sorry, i guess he was upset that a child might injure themselves by picking it up

Player Hater

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    some bodies and stuff will remain after you kill them but if you drop something from your inventory dont expect it to be there for very long, i dropped a heavy weapon in the middle of a town and a guard came up to me and told me not to do it again or id be sorry, i guess he was upset that a child might injure themselves by picking it up
    I did that in Dragonsreach and a day later, after exiting Whiterun, I was set upon by 3 thugs intending to kill me. I slaughtered them and read the contract note to see why they attacked me. It was addressed from Gerda, the fucking housemaid, who wanted to teach me a lesson for being untidy, haha. What a ****!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    I did that in Dragonsreach and a day later, after exiting Whiterun, I was set upon by 3 thugs intending to kill me. I slaughtered them and read the contract note to see why they attacked me. It was addressed from Gerda, the fucking housemaid, who wanted to teach me a lesson for being untidy, haha. What a ****!
    same thing happened to me except the note was from anise cuz i supposedly stole something from her cabin, had a hard time fighting off 3 guys at once cuz i play mainly stealth, did it on the first try though