Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

how many dragons?

This is a discussion on how many dragons? within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Killed 2 excluding the first story 1 and 1 dragon got away...

PRO Member

Killed 2 excluding the first story 1 and 1 dragon got away

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Q: Am i right in thinking that dragons do not appear anywhere in Skyrim unless the first main quest is completed?

(I haven't seen a single dragon for 35 hours so im assuming its because i haven't completed the first main quest..)
    Yup I think that is right, you need to kill the first dragon in the quest

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I've had a blood dragon & another dragon come after me at same time. I just killed my 3rd dragon today & I'm lvl 32.

PRO Member

Came across 4 dragons so far. Mainly been doing side quests. I asume more appear as you progress with the main story?

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Q: Am i right in thinking that dragons do not appear anywhere in Skyrim unless the first main quest is completed?

(I haven't seen a single dragon for 35 hours so im assuming its because i haven't completed the first main quest..)
    i believe that is correct, i remember seeing a clip from todd howard that said dragons only appear when you finished a certain part of the main quest. gotta kill the first one and then the flood gates will open

Lvl 6 - Silver

8 for me so far, and I'm 22nd level.

Best fight so far was against a blood dragon. It was strafing a herd of mammoths, and I whittled away at it with my longbow until it finally got sufficiently annoyed to investigate ... only to discover the unpleasant surprise I'd prepared for it. I was holed up in the crotch of a tall-sided v-shaped arroyo, with rocks and trees for immediate cover on 3 sides. I was dug in like a tick, and there was no where for him to attack me except to hover directly in front of me for a brief sustained breath, or land directly below and in front of me and breathe from mid-range.

He tried the former, and I punished him severely with my bow, and a storm-call shout. He came around for more and tried landing in my prepared kill-zone. The 2-handed fully-juiced rune l'd laid down kicked his ass (probably cracked a few ribs, and ended his ability to fly), and I pointed him down further with several 2-handed fireballs, and then just for the sheer satisfaction of it, I ripped out my homemade soul-trapping skyforged greatsword, charged him, and scored a nasty finisher on his horny noggin. POSTERIZED. Turin Tarumbar in JRRT's Silmarillion would have been proud.

The chief problem with dragons in this game is that they're less smart than a typical 5-year old ... their tactics amd strafing patterns seem very predictable, and they almost always fight to the death, instead of simply doing the intelligent thing and flying away. They have great eyesight to be sure, and they're fearsome melee adversaries ... but they're mentally $#%$ing STUPID in this game. I've always had a peeve with writers who dumb down their dragons, because they're SUPPOSED to be highly intelligent. Oh well.

Anyway, I believe I've verified that dragons are immune to the Soul Trap spell ... I'd wanted to test if it was possible to get 2 souls from the same dragon, and it appears the developers had already thought of that and precluded it.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 11-16-2011 at 08:26 PM.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 2 - Bronze

22 or 23 I belive, but I'm not quite sure

Get bent...

I've killed 6 or 7 so far.

Haven't really gone looking for them just yet. Usually only kill the ones that randomly appear wherever I'm at.

30+ hours & level 23 right now working on ALOT of side quests, misc. quests, and guild quests.

I just wish I had better weapons.....
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 1 - Bronze

iv killed 27 dragons so far. After i completed the main story line they started appearing like crazy, 3 times now iv fought two at once.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm at 19 dragons down, for some reason mine all seem to be spawning at the Winterfall College... I've killed about 5 there now. Not that it's a big issue, especially when the bones/scales sell for so much. Occasionally I've run into an area where two have been in close proximity, just a matter of taking them on one at a time as to avoid being slapped silly by double shouts etc.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

anybody know if there is a use for dragon bones and scales? are they used to craft dragon armor?

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    anybody know if there is a use for dragon bones and scales? are they used to craft dragon armor?
    They are the only I have found so far that sound like they would be used for that, unless someone has found some Dragon Ore or something like that

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    I just wish I had better weapons.....
    Solution: MAKE THEM YOURSELF ... forge em, improve em, then enchant em. My chief problem at the moment is a painful scarcity of moonstone ore (needed for elven armor and weapons). I need the moonstone because I've gone the light armor route, and can't make glass armor yet.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    Yes, they're used for heavy dragon armor, which requires a very high level of smithing skill. Accordingly, if you're committed to the lite armor path, and dont have sufficient smithing ability to reforge them into useful stuff, your best bet is to sell them off as soon as you acquire them, because they're friggin HEAVY and suck up a lot of your carrying capacity. They're valuable and a good source of gold BTW.
    Amazon Reviewer

PRO Member

I'm only level 8 and killed my 2nd dragon last night.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I've killed 22 dragons... But two of them didn't give any souls..

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    Yes, they're used for heavy dragon armor, which requires a very high level of smithing skill. Accordingly, if you're committed to the lite armor path, and dont have sufficient smithing ability to reforge them into useful stuff, your best bet is to sell them off as soon as you acquire them, because they're friggin HEAVY and suck up a lot of your carrying capacity. They're valuable and a good source of gold BTW.
    You can also make dragon light armour btw, it just uses scales and no bones. Im level 100 smithing and have every piece of makable dragon and daedric items

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by platky View Post
    You can also make dragon light armour btw, it just uses scales and no bones. Im level 100 smithing and have every piece of makable dragon and daedric items
    Good to know. Thanks.
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 10 - Platinum

was hoping for light dragon armor, got elven right now and didnt want to max out at glass, do you need all the smithing perks to get the final draon armor perk or can you just go up the light armor route?

Game on....

Killed 2 dragons, not including the first dragon. It was just me on my own both times. However i did use the 'Sanguine rose' staff to summon and assist me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast