Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

how many dragons?

This is a discussion on how many dragons? within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Originally Posted by ferretbusiness was hoping for light dragon armor, got elven right now and didnt want to max out ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    was hoping for light dragon armor, got elven right now and didnt want to max out at glass, do you need all the smithing perks to get the final draon armor perk or can you just go up the light armor route?
    You can just go up one route to get to the dragon stuff

Lvl 4 - Silver

i think im about 8 or 9 dragons down. they are not randomly showing up as often as i had expected for them to.

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by platky View Post
    You can also make dragon light armour btw, it just uses scales and no bones. Im level 100 smithing and have every piece of makable dragon and daedric items
    I think I've spotted an ENCHANTING BUG which I'm hoping someone will confirm: when using the enchanting table, I've noticed that if you enchant an upgraded weapon (ex: elven war axe, upgraded to 'superior' quality) all is well, but if you try the same with upgraded armor, a bug causes any smithing upgrade to vanish, and the result is identical to having enchanted a default quality version of the armor. VERY annoying.

Has anyone noticed the same ?
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    I think I've spotted an ENCHANTING BUG which I'm hoping someone will confirm: when using the enchanting table, I've noticed that if you enchant an upgraded weapon (ex: elven war axe, upgraded to 'superior' quality) all is well, but if you try the same with upgraded armor, a bug causes any smithing upgrade to vanish, and the result is identical to having enchanted a default quality version of the armor. VERY annoying.

that has happened to me as well

Lvl 6 - Silver

Bug partially withdrawn ... the item is actually created properly, even though the item description given in the applet that asks you to confirm its creation is incorrect (as already described).
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

UESPwiki finally has full stats on all the dragons in the game:

Skyrim: Dragon - UESPWiki

Some observations:
    * The LV column appears to be the level at which your random run-ins with dragons may include them.
    * The indicated bite damage is a helpful indicator of what your health stat should exceed before deciding to tangle with one.

As of this writing, I'm 30th level, and the highest type I've encountered so far is (earlier this evening in fact) the Frost Dragon.
    Amazon Reviewer

Get bent...

UESPwiki finally has full stats on all the dragons in the game:

Skyrim: Dragon - UESPWiki

Some observations:
    * The LV column appears to be the level at which your random run-ins with dragons may include them.
    * The indicated bite damage is a helpful indicator of what your health stat should exceed before deciding to tangle with one.

As of this writing, I'm 30th level, and the highest type I've encountered so far is (earlier this evening in fact) the Frost Dragon.
    Not sure how that works.

I'm Lvl 30 as well, but I've been tangling with frost dragons since about Lvl 15 or so. In fact, most of the ones I've run across so far are of the frost variety.

Weird.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Black Queen Style

About 4-5 not including main storyline dragons. The last two came back to back when I was running the quest to marry Sylgja. A dragon attacked the town her father was in then another attacked her town when I returned. I really think they were trying to stop me from getting married XD

Lvl 6 - Silver

i think ive fought at least 8 to 10 dragons so far, 2 or 3 were probably quest base but nonetheless. ive had to fight two at once actually, hell of a fight, frost and fire dragon lol. at least i can kill them in 3-4 power swings if they decide to land and go mano e mano. the easiest fight was when it attacked outside the barracks of solitude. there were at least 10 other archers there.....

Lvl 1 - Bronze

So far, I've come across 5 or 6, all but one was random. I had killed one (the main quest one) until I got to Level 14, and since then I've killed four or five.

Bringing the PAIN

I killed 2 so far... Got my 3rd but then was killed by a random Bandit about 30 seconds later. So I am on my way back to him now. He is guarding a word of power I want! I am also fighting frost dragons at LVL 11 now. both of the last 2 were...

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Game on....

About 6 or 7 dragons and im playing on expert difficulty which i choose at the start of the game and haven't changed.

Lvl 6 - Silver

just hit my 20th! guess i was further along than i thought.

Game on....

Q: Has anyone been back to the College Of Winterhold and had a Frost Dragon battle in the College Of Winterhold Compound?

This happened to me and really shit me up because i was talking to Tolfdir and selling items and the next thing i know, a frost dragon slams down in front of me!! I thought i was safe within the walls of the college from dragons Anyway Tolfdir runs off like a little girl and there is me hiding behind pillars trying not to get frozen to death by the frost dragons icy breath. And im thinking to myself 'im the archmage of this college but it seems that these college folk have just forgotten that fact'.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have about 6 right now but I left winterhold and one just drops from the sky.

it met an unfortunate end

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Q: Has anyone been back to the College Of Winterhold and had a Frost Dragon battle in the College Of Winterhold Compound?

This happened to me and really shit me up because i was talking to Tolfdir and selling items and the next thing i know, a frost dragon slams down in front of me!! I thought i was safe within the walls of the college from dragons Anyway Tolfdir runs off like a little girl and there is me hiding behind pillars trying not to get frozen to death by the frost dragons icy breath. And im thinking to myself 'im the archmage of this college but it seems that these college folk have just forgotten that fact'.
    i fought a frost dragon in the midst of the college as well as another dragon in the town of windhelm, youre never safe anywhere

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    youre never safe anywhere
    Unless of course you're in a Cave/Dungeon

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Unless of course you're in a Cave/Dungeon

never safe

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm up to about 15 now, with frost dragons being the biggest I'm currently up to.

Comments, in no particular order:

* I wish the dragons were drawn bigger, because 40 feet feels decidedly smallish for how I've always pictured them (in AD&D they can range up to 120 feet). I would have liked to see a much bigger spread in sizes, that are directly dependant on their age/strength/breed, instead of them all pretty much being the same size. Gee, is it too soon to start daydreaming about TES6 yet ?

* I wish the AI for the dragons was a lot better, because they fight like mindless beserkers with a bad case of attention deficit disorder. I've met kids in kindergarden who could do better. So much for the myth of dragons being intelligent in this game.

* It's annoying to save a town/castle from a dragon assault, only to suddenly face arrest because you accidentally singed one of the guards while killing the dragon and saving all their lives. No good deed goes unpunished. Ditto the above for wishing for better AI with regards to guards and townspeople.
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I don't know how many I have killed but just like I_Nero_I, I always get ambushed after fast travelling or leaving a shop. I've killed 3 dragons at the mage's college so far for example.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast