blood oath

This is a discussion on blood oath within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; how do you become a member of the circle?...

PRO Member

blood oath

how do you become a member of the circle?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

you finish the first 2 main quests for the companions altho there 3 or four smaller quests in the middle the second main one is you go with farkas to find the piece of wuuthard then you come back and he vouchs for you and your brought into the circle then you talk to skorj and he tells you meet him at night in the underforge so go to the back of the companions mead hall and night and follow him then theres some talking and poof your now super awesome

Lvl 10 - Platinum

does joining the circle affect anything else? is it just a new power you can activate?

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    does joining the circle affect anything else? is it just a new power you can activate?
    The only real advantage I got from joining the circle. Was that I didn't have to carry potions to cure poison or diseases anymore. Because once you join, you're pretty much immune to every kind of sickness.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    The only real advantage I got from joining the circle. Was that I didn't have to carry potions to cure poison or diseases anymore. Because once you join, you're pretty much immune to every kind of sickness.
    all it really does is add another power then? doesnt affect any other quests or storyline?

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    all it really does is add another power then? doesnt affect any other quests or storyline?
    Other than the fact that you need to do it for the trophy, no. The only other thing that happens are the random comments the guards make to after you 'change'. And if you join the Imperials you can't use the power while you're with or around them. Because they will turn on you. Which results in you having to stop using the power and ask for their forgiveness or something. I never used it to be honest. Heck after I did join the circle. I forgot all about. The only real down side, is you can no longer get rested or well rested sleep bonuses anymore. But I do believe there is a way to 'cure' yourself.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 10 - Platinum

thanks, i just wanted to make sure it wasnt like vampirism and affected how you play the game

Lvl 6 - Silver

it makes it real fun to go rampant in a town or something though...your power is immense, and just plain fun. like the above poster said though, wont affect story, but needed for trophy. you join the circle eventually by working through the companions quest line.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    Other than the fact that you need to do it for the trophy, no. The only other thing that happens are the random comments the guards make to after you 'change'. And if you join the Imperials you can't use the power while you're with or around them. Because they will turn on you. Which results in you having to stop using the power and ask for their forgiveness or something. I never used it to be honest. Heck after I did join the circle. I forgot all about. The only real down side, is you can no longer get rested or well rested sleep bonuses anymore. But I do believe there is a way to 'cure' yourself.
    Thanks a lot for the detailed information. I refrained from doing the ceremony until I read more about it.

Yeah, there's a way to cure yourself which I believe is related to a quest with the Elder, who said something about a cure.

my latest anime updates