Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Skyrim BUGs

This is a discussion on Skyrim BUGs within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Originally Posted by _RiCaRdO_ My PS3 crashed/freezed right after killing my 3rd dragon that almost owned me....sucks big time yeah ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by _RiCaRdO_ View Post
    My PS3 crashed/freezed right after killing my 3rd dragon that almost owned me....sucks big time
    yeah because the game is so large, my PS3 tends to freeze and crash pretty often. ive learrned to save very frequently

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've just found another one - At the conclusion of the Companions quest were you can remove the werewolf curse if you had obtained another Glenmoril witches head it doesn't stop the 'days as a werewolf' stats from counting up. I finished the companions quest and removed the curse from myself in the first 4-5 days in game time, however the tick is sitting upwards of 110+. Not a big bug, but a fix would still be nice.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

If you get training in a skill you can steal your money back

Player Hater

Quote Originally Posted by Magnets View Post
    I've just found another one - At the conclusion of the Companions quest were you can remove the werewolf curse if you had obtained another Glenmoril witches head it doesn't stop the 'days as a werewolf' stats from counting up. I finished the companions quest and removed the curse from myself in the first 4-5 days in game time, however the tick is sitting upwards of 110+. Not a big bug, but a fix would still be nice.
    I mentioned this one myself, so I quite agree, but it most definitely IS a bug , and a frustrating one. Personally, I don't give a shit whether characters fly through the air or turn around when they speak to you. I can put up with this. I just want the stat-related and system-related shit fixed. I want to be able to complete missions and get my stats correct!

Lvl 6 - Silver

DUPLICATE ITEM FAVORITES GROUPING BUG: If a player creates a matching set of 2 {or more} identical 1H magic weapons (ex: in my case it was matching epic elven war axes), and then favorites both of them {i.e., one for each hand}, the code that auto-groups identical items together (example: multiple arrows of the same type) also auto-groups the identical weapons. In other words, instead of both axes appearing in the fave menu, one below the other, only the first one appears with "(2)" after it, and since it's a one-handed weapon, you can only select the first of 2 with one hand. The only workaround is to do it the slower way by using the full item menu, which properly ungroups them, and select dual weilding there. Console observed on: PS3. TIP: to avoid this bug, make sure to pick slightly different names when crafting matched sets of 1H weapons for dual weilding.

I'll look into forwarding what's been posted thus far sometime next week.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Legendary...Nuff Said

I've run into a couple "endless load screens" where I've waited 5-10 minutes and the game never left the load screen, forcing me to quit and restart. It's not game-breaking, but it's a pretty bad inconvenience that should really be ironed out in a later patch.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 8 - Gold

the game has a patch coming a week after thanksgiving,so hopefully most of these problems will be fixed.

Lvl 5 - Silver

"Dampened Spirits" quest bug.

I think the reason mine is bugged is cuz i may have lockpicked into Honningbrew Meadery,that seems to be my only possibility,as i havent attacked or killed any of the npcs involving this quest,or took on any other side quests from any of them.The only thing is maybe reading some of the employee notes or Maven's note in her room ,both located in the Black Briar Meadery.

But at the completion of "Loud and Clear" quest from the Thieves guild ,i am told by Brynjolf to go and speak with Maven of Black-Briar,however no new quest appears in either main or misc. ive taken the next step in the quest locating said person,but no dialogue choices there,ive backtracked to the thieves guild and took on 3 more misc quests and than spoke with Maven again(thinking that may trigger it,and there actually listed in my book guide as intersecting quests,which still wouldnt prevent Dampened Spirits as being listed as an active quest)& also spoke with Brynjolf again who says the same"im to busy now"

This is a needed patch bug as it has halted my Thieves guild main questline,in fact 6 more quests till the next trophy but cant advance until this mission activates which according to Brynjolf,at the end of Loud and Clear it did,but according to my quest log it has not.

Anyone who experienced this please post your situation ,results,solutions.any of it,cuz point blank i think it sucks.My first actual quest bug where the game prevented me from advancing trophy-wise,hell STORY wise,im hoping this is part of the new patch for all counsoles.

Ive googled this since time of post, & the problem has appeared for others,so the new patch better fix it,my only problem is all 3 of my saves are within 3 hours & the farthest one back is right when i exit location on the completed Loud & Clear mission, if i have to restart my 120 hour game cuz this wont let me advance my Thieves Guild questline,i guess i'll have to.bah
    Last edited by I_Nero_I; 11-20-2011 at 09:00 AM.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

A bug I have noticed is enabling the auto-save feature to literally save too frequently. Simply disable most of the auto-save checkboxes under Settings, except for "Auto-save on Travel", as that autosaves everytime you fast travel or enter a new area/house.

If you let autosaves stack up too much, it will slow down the PS3 after a few hours, and frame rates get laggy. If that happens, simply reboot the PS3, and it will go back to normal. Of course, it will become laggy again after another several hours, but it is not such a big deal.

Another bug is when I entered the Arcanaeum in Winterhold College. For some reason, it teleports me right to the desk at the back of the circular room where the librarian is. The first few times I entered the place, it was normal, but not this time. Still, not harmful in any extent. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    bugs with follower equipment, as they love to revert back to using their default items, even if you give them superior ones yourself. example, i give aela a glass bow, though she likes to switch back to her wooden one when engaging enemies. they also seem to find random equipment from who knows where, and equip those as well over the things youve given them.
    FIX for Aela's bow usage (temporary though, still need a patch, as you have a trade-off because of arrow type usage):

I have looked into this problem too myself. Here are the facts about Aela's bow usage:

- If you give her a good bow (Elven, Glass, Ebony etc.) which should definitely be an upgrade for her she will only use it for 12 shots (her hidden quiver of Iron Arrows is 12.) then she will put it away and start fighting with melee weapons/fists.

- If you give her a good bow and good arrows too, she will refuse to use them together, instead she will only use the good arrows with her default Hunter's Bow.

-If you take away all weapons from her and send her home and then get her back and give your good bow to her again, her hidden quiver of 12 Iron Arrows will refill and she will use the good bow again for 12 shots. You may only need to send her back not taking away to bow and her hidden quiver may still reset. I have not tested this.

Currently the only way to make her use the good bow you want to give her consistently is to supply her with Iron Arrows (this is because her default hidden quiver consists of Iron Arrows as well). This way she will use the stack of Iron Arrows along with the good bow you gave her as long as the stack lasts.

So currently she will either use good arrows you gave her with her default Hunter's bow or she will use a good bow you want her to use but only when you supply her with Iron Arrows.

- If she gets shot by better quality arrows, the arrow will be put into her inventory (same way if you shoot a mob with your arrows, some of them can be found on their corpse upon looting) and she will immediately switch back to her Hunter's Bow as long as the better quality arrow remains in her inventory. Also I noticed that she will never run out of arrows that got shot into her inventory by enemies. If you want her to use the good bow, you will have to manually remove the 1 piece of better quality arrow from her inventory between fights.

- This bug seems to be appearing on all Followers
    Last edited by Cruniac; 11-20-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i have had a few strange glitches happen to me.
    1. i killed a dragon and got the soul from it but its skin didnt disappear, i tried to search the corpse but instead i cud talk to it and ask why it joined the companions lol
    2. when i first started the game a tried killing a bear in the wild but it just flew up in the sky and flew away haha
    3. i killed and enemy in a cave and it just floated up in the air and was walking in the air but i could still loot the corpse lol

Sig and Avy by Alison

Lvl 4 - Silver

Umm yeah I have a glitch to report! I placed the Honningbrew Decanter on a bookshelf in my Breezehome house in Whiterun and when I came back at another point, it fell through the bookshelf and is now unreachable. I can see it if I go into sneak mode and look underneath the bookshelf but cannot reach it. So I may never complete the Thieves Guild Larceny quest...

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Lvl 1 - Bronze

After installing patch to PS3, had a interesting bug crop up. The dragon at Bonestrewn Dragon place, was flying backwards and would fly away anytime I approached it. It was like he was on drugs. Very strange. So far, the PS3 lockups seem to be gone for me with this patch at least.

Lvl 6 - Silver

a bug ive recently started experiencing is that my werewolf transformations seem to be infinite now...but with no way to return to normal

Hardcore!!!

A bug I have encountered with the 1.02 patch is that my character keeps going in the direction I gave it for about a half a second to a full second. I am noticing this just in walking around. If this happens in battle, a LOT of shit is going to go down because you have your character stop and the reaction time to stop is a full second. That second is EVERYTHING when it comes to battle. Especially when you have a little bit of health left.

Signature and Avatar done by apokolypz
    !~General Boosting and Blank General Friend Requests will be deleted. PERIOD.~!

Lvl 6 - Silver

More skyrim bugs (PS3):

* Overencumberance Precludes Absorbing Dragon Soul: Apparently, if looting a freshly killed dragon renders you overencumbered prior to absorbing it's soul, you will subsequently be permanently unable to absorb that particular dragon's soul, and the fully fleshed corpse will linger forever, stuck.

* Numerous Quests Freeze if their Quest givers are Killed by Dragons (ex: Boethia's Calling). The simplest fix would either be to make sure that quest-giver invulnerability also prevents being killed by dragons … or, make their immediate environs safe from random monster attacks.

* Accessing Skill-Perk Constellations Forces Player to Expend any pending Level-ups. The code should be modified to allow players to use their level-ups whenever they wish, in the same way as skill points.

* Followers Fail to Stay Equipped in Gifted Gear Upon Departure, and also (after a certain number of kills) seem to periodically revert to their default weapons during active service.

* Nearby Passersby from the street Frequently Spawn in the first room of the Player's Purchased Property upon entry, and then depart.

FIXED:
    * Running out of (or unequipping) regular lock picks incorrectly disables the Skeleton Key.

SUGGESTED TWEAKS:

* Add a "Followers" List to Inventory Display, showing all currently acquired followers, with Jump links to Map markers. Currently, a player is forced to keep track of such things on paper, or by memorization.

* Enhance Window to add Blue Dot(s) for currently active followers/allies, rather than just red dots for monsters. Currently, follows easily get lost or hung up on obstacles, and as a result get killed or lost from the party. Having the blue dot would make it easier for players to locate their active follower during a quest.

* Add a "Locations" list to Inventory Display, showing (in alphabetical order) all locations currently acquired in one's map, along with jump links to map markers. Currently, with a heavily filled map (e.g., 100+ locations, none of them legible unless you hover your mouse over each one), it becomes quite tedious for players to find previously acquired areas they wish to revisit.

* Backstabbing Ghosts: It should not be possible to sneak up on a disembodied ghost, much less cut it's throat (something only living creatures with directional corporeal vision and carotid arteries should be vulnerable to), and yet both are easily doable, with the appropriate sneaking perks. Each type of undead needs to be re-visited, to assess whether or not sneaking and/or backstabbing should be viable. On the same topic, most paper and dice RPGs have always given most forms of undead some resistance to slashing and piercing weapons (e.g., skeletons should be more vulnerable to blunt impact than to arrows).

* Skill-Perk Trees should make it clear that all connecting lines are one-directional only (upwards). For example, it was a rude surprise to achieve skill 100 in Smithing, and acquire the Dragon smithing perk, but then be unable to purchase the Daedric smithing perk, even though the latter is clearly line-connected to the former, and only requires skill 90.

* Free Healing Upon Level-ups: Levelling up appears to fully reset one's health, magicka and stamina, and has apparently become prone to abuse. Consider limiting the healing to just the amount gained by level increase.

* The Inventory UI needs a LOT of ergo optimizing. For example, players should be able to rename their self-smithed items whenever they wish, rather than having it be a one-time-only affair. There should be more sorting options available, and the alphabetical default should be more consistently applied between player inventory and storage containers. Also, important fields are over-squished and otherwise useable space is wasted elsewhere. It would also be helpful to have new pickups (while adventuring) appear in their own sub-list, and only get moved to the player's existing equipment inventory after reviewing them ... and on the same note, it'd also be helpful (for both players and containers) to have a "junk" sublist, for players to move stuff too for subsequent resale or droppage. Without these mods, a player's active gear routinely gets buried by pickups, and when subsequently culling out same, it's perilously easy to unintentionally sell off or drop one's vital gear, not notice right away, and then have to revert multiple saves to recover them. VERY annoying, and decidedly sloppy.

* Bugged Quest (Blood on the Ice): the "Get assistance from Jorleif" reminder appears before it should.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 11-30-2011 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Bugged quest moved out of fixed area
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    * Accessing Skill-Perk Constellations Forces Player to Expend any pending Level-ups. The code should be modified to allow players to use their level-ups whenever they wish, in the same way as skill points.
    This bugged me because of training. You can only train 5 times per level and if you have gone from level 20 to 24 on a crawl and use "Level Up" on return, you will miss 15 training opportunities for levels 21, 22, and 23 combined since you cannot leave that screen without choosing your perk (magic, health, stamina).

A way to fix this would be to carry-over the amount of times you can train so you don't have to leave mid-crawl just to level next to a trainer and then return to crawl and repeat.

I hope I am explaining this right because I have missed so many training ops that would have seriously helped my char.

Lvl 6 - Silver

GAME FREEZING (Post 1.02 patch): On my PS3, after applying the patch, my PS3 has begun randomly hard freezing roughly once per hour, and requires a manual reboot of the machine to unfreeze it. Before the patch, this was a fairly rare occurance, but since then it has become frequent, which leaves me inclined to think something in the patch may be to blame, rather than it being a problem with my console. Having some corroboration from others would help reinforce that.
    Amazon Reviewer

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    GAME FREEZING (Post 1.02 patch): On my PS3, after applying the patch, my PS3 has begun randomly hard freezing roughly once per hour, and requires a manual reboot of the machine to unfreeze it. Not good.
    Skyrim has only frozen on me twice... both time post-patch. One time I had to manual reboot and one time I was able to exit XMB after a few minutes.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pepticacid View Post
    This bugged me because of training. You can only train 5 times per level and if you have gone from level 20 to 24 on a crawl and use "Level Up" on return, you will miss 15 training opportunities for levels 21, 22, and 23 combined since you cannot leave that screen without choosing your perk (magic, health, stamina).

I did not know this. I was wondering why sometimes it would say I had to level up more to train with trainers I just met.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast