Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Skyrim BUGs

This is a discussion on Skyrim BUGs within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Breezehome Alchemy Room Top Bookshelf Broken (Post 1.02 patch, PS3): Items previously stored in the top shelf are visible, but ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Breezehome Alchemy Room Top Bookshelf Broken (Post 1.02 patch, PS3): Items previously stored in the top shelf are visible, but can no longer be read or removed, which is VERY annoying because that's EXACTLY where I stored all my treasure maps and alchemy recipes. Not even a level 3 unreleting force shout will dislodge the contents. As long as we're on the topic of bookshelves, I also have some nits - not only are the cases in breezehome too small (and the archmage's room seems to have none at all), but they cannot be filled to their full visual capacity, nor is there any visible means for rearranging the order/placement of books on the shelf. Looks like a very hastily implemented design. Also, it makes little sense that recipes for alchemy should be handed differently from, and greatly inferior to (IMO), recipes for food ... for the former, you have to store and maintain a bookshelf of slips of paper, whereas the latter (if I recall correctly) lists all the things you know how to make and bolds the items you have the ingredients for.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

* Fort Neugrad Treasure Chest Doesn't Appear (PS3 & XBox). I found the map ok, then I found the spot the treasure chest is supposed to be, scatched my head, then checked youtube to verify I was in the correct spot (I dislike having to look online, but in this instance the apparent bug left me no choice). I was indeed in the correct spot, but the chest was not there. I thoroughly combed the entire ridge, and no chest. Subsequent research indicated this affects XBox as well.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 12-03-2011 at 10:52 PM.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

PRO Member

I killed a dragon and was unable to absorb its soul. When the dragon died it landed on one of those dragon burial site and I was unable to absorb it. In the end I just left it. Has anyone else had this problem?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Yes, it's happened to me occasionally ... usually if I looted the dragon before absorbing it's soul, and doing so rendered me overencumbered. ABICT, the workaround seems to be to wait patiently until the soul is absorbed before trying to loot the carcass.
    Amazon Reviewer

PRO Member

I`ll wait to loot the dragon and see if that works out for me. Thanks.

Bringing the PAIN

I can confirm. On my 1st playthru I used my shelves effectively. Now I have 3 with my skill books glitched into them and I now have to find those books again.

As for the treasure chest not appearing that must be from 1.2 also. As I found the one from "Treasure Map IV"(just outside Whiterun) in 1st play and now went right back to where it was and no dice. Watched a video and am standing right where it should be with the map in my hand scratching my head, but nothing is in it's place.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    GAME FREEZING (Post 1.02 patch): On my PS3, after applying the patch, my PS3 has begun randomly hard freezing roughly once per hour, and requires a manual reboot of the machine to unfreeze it. Before the patch, this was a fairly rare occurance, but since then it has become frequent, which leaves me inclined to think something in the patch may be to blame, rather than it being a problem with my console. Having some corroboration from others would help reinforce that.

Same with me, hard freezing and causing a hard reboot, which in turn makes the system do a corrupted check when restarting and I lose random data and I have gone in and seen that I have numerous corrupted data. Please fix as I have stopped playing for now. It is happening approx every 10 min. now

PS3

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Bugs I have experienced other than the game hard freezing causing a hard reboot,

House in Windhelm is glitched causing my purchased weapon racks and armor statues not to hold items.
    Quest of returning a book to the book keeper in college of winterhold, I have book but cannot return, I go to the quest marker to the box where it was and it is not there. (I got the book prior to the mission becoming active)
    None of my treasures are showing up where the map has shown them.
    The backwards dragon was fixed with the patch but now my game is unplayable because of the hard freezes.

I play on the PS3

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    The following two bugs are pretty serious and whilst not exactly 'gamre-breaking', they are taking some of the fun out of the game...

Bard Quests: There are a few missions where you are tasked with finding certain items (Panteas Flute or Rjorns Drum) for members of the Bard crew. Problem is that if you had already picked up these items during another quest, the mission shits itself and will not allow you to hand them in. There is no way (except on PC by entering console commands) to fix this error. PS3 and Xboxers alike are stuck with this error at the moment.
    I had this same problem yesterday (and coincidently, with the same quests), and the today I started to google for a solution and found this forum... I'm very annoyed by the fact that I won't be able to finish these quests... If we could at leasr drop the quest items and pick them up again, so that the quest could count as competed, but the game does not allow quest items to be dropped...

Please, when are you going to s report the bugs listed here to bethesda? If we could have at least half of them fixed, oh it would be cool... I tried to find how can we report these bugs to Bethesda but could not find a way too... If someone knows how to do it, could you kindly post how to do it? Thanks.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have a longish list of bugs from my plat run that I havent gotten around to typing up yet, but as a downpayment here's one I encountered last night ...

* Erroneous ARCHERY SKILL 15 {in redface}: For some strange reason, I noticed my character's archery score had suddenly dropped from 54 to 15, and the 15 was in redface, indicating an adverse active effect (even though there was no active effect listed for it in the active effects page). Neither a cure disease potion nor a trip to a temple shrine, could cure the glitch. Further analysis and experimentation seemed to indicate that the degraded score appeared to be a purely cosmetic glitch, because neither my character's archery skill nor archery damage appeared affected, and selecting any of the perks in the archery tree showed that her correct score of 54 still seemed to be in effect. BTW, a workaround for those encountering this bug is to either train their Archery skill up by one point, or simply use the skill until it goes up by a point on its own, after which the glitch will promptly vanish.
    Amazon Reviewer

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

The bug that drives me crazy is the one in the Pieces of the Past daeric quest where you have to find the shards in the Orc's Fort. The shards aren't on the podium and the marker is still ponting to it...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    The bug that drives me crazy is the one in the Pieces of the Past daeric quest where you have to find the shards in the Orc's Fort. The shards aren't on the podium and the marker is still ponting to it...
    Yeah, that's part of the Merhunes Razor daedric artifact quest.

There seems to be a broad problem in this game with pre-discovering and pre-clearing quest-related locations before actually acquiring the relevant quests ... hard to believe the developers we so gobsmackingly inept that they failed to anticipate and prevent such things (especially since the same things occured in abundance in Oblivion), and that their embarassingly incomplete PS3 playtesting didn't detect same before product launch, but that seems sadly typical of all Bethesda products.

Anyway, not to worry ... if you can't regress to an earlier save (prior to visiting discovering and clearing the location), then at higher levels of smithing & enchanting you can make your own daggers that are better than the razor. Glass and Daedric are both excellent, when fully upgraded and strongly enchanted. If you're going for the daedric artifact trophy, easy enough to create a 2nd character on a subsequent play just to do the stuff you missed.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 01-05-2012 at 08:47 PM.
    Amazon Reviewer

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    Yeah, that's part of the Merhunes Razor daedric artifact quest.

There seems to be a broad problem in this game with pre-discovering and pre-clearing quest-related locations before actually acquiring the relevant quests ... hard to believe the developers we so gobsmackingly inept that they failed to anticipate and prevent such things (especially since the same things occured in abundance in Oblivion), and that their embarassingly incomplete PS3 playtesting didn't detect same before product launch, but that seems sadly typical of all Bethesda products.

Anyway, not to worry ... if you can't regress to an earlier save (prior to visiting discovering and clearing the location), then at higher levels of smithing & enchanting you can make your own daggers that are better than the razor. Glass and Daedric are both excellent, when fully upgraded and strongly enchanted. If you're going for the daedric artifact trophy, easy enough to create a 2nd character on a subsequent play just to do the stuff you missed.
    True I can do that, but it irritates me that I have to refer to my older save. The daedric quests are the best in Skyrim, and now I have to miss out of a lot of 'em for the 2nd run.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have run into a bug in Markarth.

Basically i can't go into Markarth without guards stoping to pay my bounty, problem is i cant... It doesn't give me the option to pay off the bounty. It gives me the "Im part of a guild' option, the "Take me to jail' option, and the "I'd rather die" option. Guards refused to take the Guild option and they wont take me to jail ><.

And this is after the q

Lvl 2 - Bronze

My game came to an end when when i couldn't continue in the thieves guild missions b/c of a bug and then last night on the main missios fallen, the general decided not to go to the mountain. So 70 hrs deep and i gotta restart.. not too happy bout it.
    Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Kingdoms of Amalur

Noob Member

I am now starting to experience the lag issues... It kinda drags down the gameplay

PRO Member

I'm back after my 120gb fattie ylod'd sigh. I did a reflow to get some of my saves at least and am back on a new 320gb slim.

Doing the imperial side questline and i'm stuck b/c I go to Fort Amol and the stormcloaks don't spawn and the task says 100% remaining...Legate Rikke is a twat and this of course breaks the entire quest/trophy/plat. Choose stormcloaks if you want to avoid this headache.

Sigh...I can't catch a break....back to Uncharted 3 I guess

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Pepticacid View Post
    I'm back after my 120gb fattie ylod'd sigh. I did a reflow to get some of my saves at least and am back on a new 320gb slim.

Doing the imperial side questline and i'm stuck b/c I go to Fort Amol and the stormcloaks don't spawn and the task says 100% remaining...Legate Rikke is a twat and this of course breaks the entire quest/trophy/plat. Choose stormcloaks if you want to avoid this headache.

Sigh...I can't catch a break....back to Uncharted 3 I guess
    I had a similar bug, and was only able to avoid it by starting a 2nd character just to do the 2 civil war trohies ... this time being careful not to pre-discover and pre-clear any of the forts involved in the civil war storyline before their relevant quests. As a result, I had almost no problems during the civil war redo.
    Amazon Reviewer

PRO Member

I just finished the main quest last night. I've done pretty much every quest in the game, and none of them have bugged out on me... except for pretty much the entire Stormcloaks questline.

1-After Whiterun, couldn't report back to Ulfric. After 20 reloads and running through the battle again, he finally gave me the dialogue.
    2-Fort Sunguard - took a few tries to get the quest marker, then no enemies or allies at fort. Cleared this quest by starting by doing the peace treaty.
    3-Fort Snowhawk - same thing... no enemies or allie. Cleared this quest by attacking Jarl Ravencrone.
    4-Now I can't get Galmar to give me the reporting in dialogue for the next quest. Probably because I attacked the Jarl to clear the previous one.

I love this game, but I'm now officially sick of it.

EDIT: All of the forts that I am having issues with were NOT cleared or discovered prior to starting the releveant stormcloak quest... so that's not the issue.
    Last edited by MatCauthon; 01-11-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by kianstrike View Post
    I am now starting to experience the lag issues... It kinda drags down the gameplay
    patch next month will supposedly fix the lag

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast