Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Skyrim BUGs

This is a discussion on Skyrim BUGs within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Originally Posted by ferretbusiness patch next month will supposedly fix the lag I was lucky for the most part, the ...

Chuck Norris Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    patch next month will supposedly fix the lag
    I was lucky for the most part, the lag/framerate drop was only at the very end. It may help as it did for me, once it get's to acting choppy. Just stop and stand still for a bit, then it normally went away for me.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    I just finished the main quest last night. I've done pretty much every quest in the game, and none of them have bugged out on me... except for pretty much the entire Stormcloaks questline.

1-After Whiterun, couldn't report back to Ulfric. After 20 reloads and running through the battle again, he finally gave me the dialogue.
    2-Fort Sunguard - took a few tries to get the quest marker, then no enemies or allies at fort. Cleared this quest by starting by doing the peace treaty.
    3-Fort Snowhawk - same thing... no enemies or allie. Cleared this quest by attacking Jarl Ravencrone.
    4-Now I can't get Galmar to give me the reporting in dialogue for the next quest. Probably because I attacked the Jarl to clear the previous one.

I love this game, but I'm now officially sick of it.

EDIT: All of the forts that I am having issues with were NOT cleared or discovered prior to starting the releveant stormcloak quest... so that's not the issue.
    Since like me you'd already finished most of the quests and the main story before attempting the civil war stuff, and ran into the same sort of bugs, I recommend creating a 2nd character just for the civil war questline. If you load up on potions and cooked food, and dial the difficulty down a bit, it's highly likely you could get though the entire civil war plot with just a good set of moderately well upgraded leather armor, and some ala carte bling. It's doable in 10 hours. I gave myself a bit longer and made myself a full set of elven gilded armor & weaps, and even did a run up to high hrothgar, and then breezed though on adept by hour 15-20ish (tip: locate a moonstone ore mine, strip it clean, and forge everything you possibly can).

Anyway, if you're eager for plat, the 2nd partial runthrough is very doable.

More tips for 2nd play civil war:
    * Dont explore forts or ruins prior to the civil war quest starting - only go directly to locations you're given by quest givers. Give them a wide berth if you see them on your compass radar, or looming in the distance.
    * Make a permanent save just before choosing a side in the civil war quest, so that if necessary you can back up and change sides.
    * If you have trouble initiating the correct dialog, make a separate save then try backing out of range and reapproaching the quest giver after a 1 hour wait. Do NOT skip any dialog, and wait patiently whenever they talk until all auto-actions complete.
    * Always link up with assigned men before approaching a fort to be attacked.
    * AFTER civil war is done, you can be a lot less careful about exploring the countryside ... the one caveat being to avoid dwemer ruins until directed to them by related quests. It's less frustrating to be able to do them once only then to have to take the long route out and then reclear them again once you have the right gizmos to open certain gates/lifts.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 01-11-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    Since like me you'd already finished most of the quests and the main story before attempting the civil war stuff, and ran into the same sort of bugs, I recommend creating a 2nd character just for the civil war questline. If you load up on potions and cooked food, and dial the difficulty down a bit, it's highly likely you could get though the entire civil war plot with just a good set of moderately well upgraded leather armor, and some ala carte bling. It's doable in 10 hours. I gave myself a bit longer and made myself a full set of elven gilded armor & weaps, and even did a run up to high hrothgar, and then breezed though on adept by hour 15-20ish (tip: locate a moonstone ore mine, strip it clean, and forge everything you possibly can).

Anyway, if you're eager for plat, the 2nd partial runthrough is very doable.

Thanks... but I actually just finally finished Battle for Solitude and am done with Civil War. I went back to a pre-Fort Snowhawk save and kept reloading the save until it gave me the quest marker. I saved after each step was finally successful. Every quest from that point on glitched at least once. Sometimes I had to reload 20 times to finally get the 'reporting in' option or get the men to show up at whatever fort... but I'm relieved to finally be done. Now I just have to do the trophy for the 1000 bounty in all the holds and I have the plat.

And I actually did follow most of the tips you provided regarding dialogue and auto-actions. I also noticed that it was helpful to have NO quests active prior to receiving a Battle for Fort *** quest... not sure if it then forces the game to auto-assign that quest since no others are active and helps with getting the marker.
    Last edited by MatCauthon; 01-11-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Bringing the PAIN

I am SUPER glad I never had a problem with this quest in either playthru I did of it... Congratz and good job to those who stuck it out tho. The plat is a pretty one!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Real Life Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    patch next month will supposedly fix the lag
    But what will the next patch break this time?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dondar01 View Post
    That's exactly it... I had zero issues until I installed the first patch. Now that I have the platinum in this, I will say I will not purchase any DLC for this game (sadly) until they fix some of the more major issues. I absolutely loved this game (250+ hours), but it was more stressful than necessary with the constant lag, hard freezing, and quest bugs.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Dondar01 View Post
    I'm guessing the developers will have the increasingly trite 'arrow to the knee gag' spread further across the realm to the orcs, thalmar, falmar, frost trolls, etc. They'll probably break it in the process too - the arrows will be permanent regardless of whether or not the target survives and/or the arrow is recovered by the shooter, and the subsequent global buildup of spent knee-capping arrows will further worsen the existing laggage problem.

I'm offering 10:1 odds ... any takers ?
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 1 - Bronze

During the Thieves Guild Quest Line, After talking to Brynjolf after the completion of loud and clear, it will not load the next quest dampend spirits. He told you to speak to maven blackbriar but she will not address the quest when you speak to her. When you talk to Brynjolf, he says that he is busy.

I make my own mayo!

I had to deal with countless Frostbite spiders.

Avi by TheGeneral09 Bar n Sig by Athena the Great PlatBar by In2

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    I just finished the main quest last night. I've done pretty much every quest in the game, and none of them have bugged out on me... except for pretty much the entire Stormcloaks questline.

1-After Whiterun, couldn't report back to Ulfric. After 20 reloads and running through the battle again, he finally gave me the dialogue.
    2-Fort Sunguard - took a few tries to get the quest marker, then no enemies or allies at fort. Cleared this quest by starting by doing the peace treaty.
    3-Fort Snowhawk - same thing... no enemies or allie. Cleared this quest by attacking Jarl Ravencrone.
    4-Now I can't get Galmar to give me the reporting in dialogue for the next quest. Probably because I attacked the Jarl to clear the previous one.

I love this game, but I'm now officially sick of it.

EDIT: All of the forts that I am having issues with were NOT cleared or discovered prior to starting the releveant stormcloak quest... so that's not the issue.
    +1 over here.

The entire Civil War questline has been an up hill battle for me ending now with Fort Snowhawk just sitting there dead in the water.

Working through the Final Fantasy X trophy run.

For the record, Lucy Diamond is a movie reference and I'm a guy.

What are you doing right now? thread

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by lucy diamond View Post
    +1 over here.

The entire Civil War questline has been an up hill battle for me ending now with Fort Snowhawk just sitting there dead in the water.
    I ran into the same thing on my first playthrough. Try regressing back several saves and switching sides in the civil war, and if that fails to help, create a 2nd character just for doing the 2 civil war trophies, and it should work ok. It's a bit time consuming (10+ hours), but if all else fails to bring you plat, this method should give you your best chance for success.
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    The following two bugs are pretty serious and whilst not exactly 'gamre-breaking', they are taking some of the fun out of the game...

Bard Quests: There are a few missions where you are tasked with finding certain items (Panteas Flute or Rjorns Drum) for members of the Bard crew. Problem is that if you had already picked up these items during another quest, the mission shits itself and will not allow you to hand them in. There is no way (except on PC by entering console commands) to fix this error. PS3 and Xboxers alike are stuck with this error at the moment.

Werewolf Cure:
    When fighting your inner beast after chucking a witches head on the fire in the Tomb of Ysgramor, this removes your Werewolf Curse. Only trouble is that the game does not recognise this. The counter for days as a werewolf keeps counting up, you still don't get Well-Rested bonus' and for all intents and purposes, you still have Werewolf Blood. But, and this is somewhat annoying, you can no longer change into a werewolf. So curing Lycanthropy has just removed all the benefits, but kept all the negatives of werewolf life.
    All the other little glitches and bugs I've encountered, I don't give a shit about. When the bugs affect the gameplay and mission structures, however, this is really frustrating.
    Please, Bethesda, fix these in the upcoming patch. i don't care about waiting, I'm patient. I just want to be able to finish the missions I started and regain my soul so to speak.
    I noticed yesterday that I am having the exact same problem with the werewolf bug. I completed the quest to cure the dead companions harbinger, then I cured myself. I played normally for a few more days (actual days, not game days) until I noticed yesterday that someone asked me about hair growing out of my ears. I looked at my powers, and the transformation power was gone, but I can't get well rested, I contracted (then cured) vampirism (before the three days where you actually turn) so I am not immune to disease, and the NPC's keep talking to me like I'm still a werewolf. I've encountered quite a few bugs in game, but this is by far the most annoying, and game hindering one I've encountered.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234