Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Skyrim BUGs

This is a discussion on Skyrim BUGs within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Please only post to this thread to report a bug, or to confirm or invalidate one that has already been ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Skyrim BUGs

Please only post to this thread to report a bug, or to confirm or invalidate one that has already been posted here. Please save the chit chat for elsewhere. Also, this thread is for BUGS, not for nits or wishlist ideas.

ENCHANTING BUG: When using the enchanting table, I've noticed that if you enchant an upgraded weapon (ex: elven war axe, upgraded to 'superior' quality) all is well, but if you try the same with upgraded armor, a bug causes any smithing upgrade to vanish, and the result is identical to having enchanted a default quality version of the armor. VERY annoying.

So far, I've only verified this with "Elven Gilded Armor" on the PS3 ... I don't know about other platforms.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 11-18-2011 at 10:43 AM.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 5 - Silver

when i had the Morokei mask equipped along with either apprentice robes of destruction or restoration, & apprentice hood, my charachters head was completely invisible, just his head, weird, & it only happened one time.

I just googled it and i guess its a combination of the Archmages robe & Morokei mask both equipped at the same time, so that must have been what happened in my case.But apparantly the mana regen doesnt last past a couple hours.
    Last edited by I_Nero_I; 11-17-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

in one of the missions after you kill someone you are required to cut off their head. After doing so the person/thing respawned and started walking around without its head. Iv had a couple instances after looting where things change into super weird positions but that one took the cake

PRO Member

Well sometimes when I search on the dead animals or npcs I tend to drag them instead of searching for the items. It also does it when I pick up items like cups and plates grabing two at a time and drag them along intill I let them go.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

When a troll killed me I flew up in the air and hung there.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Timo Marrinsbane View Post
    Well sometimes when I search on the dead animals or npcs I tend to drag them instead of searching for the items. It also does it when I pick up items like cups and plates grabing two at a time and drag them along intill I let them go.
    You are hitting X and holding it for a split-second there, instead of just tapping X to view/take contents, thats why your able to pick up/carry items,bodies across the screen, just hold X again to drop.

PRO Member

so far I ran in to this 2 times killed dragon can take item form body but didn't get soul and there skin stayed on there body for days before it disaper

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've had this particular bug happen a fair few times now - I've been playing as a Destruction mage using fireballs (50% damage perk) with double casting - I'll launch the conjoined fireballs at an enemy and they will disappear into the world/wall/other impassable area. It's happened probably 5 or 6 times now, causing me to reload a quest for the dark brotherhood in which you need to plant evidence of a plot on the particular contract.

PRO Member

I haven't had any serious bugs, just annoying things with NPCs. For example, the innkeeper asking me if his son is alright, while his son is standing right next to him and they had just finished talking. Frequently, I'll be in the dialogue menu with an NPC, and another random NPC will come stand right in front of him/her and start the scripted speech.

Lvl 6 - Silver

RECHARGING BUG: The "Choose Soul Gem to Use" applet fails to indicate the sizes of the souls present in the soul gems listed ... I don't know if this is a bug or something the developers forgot to code, but it's annoying to enchanters like me who wish to hold onto fully filled grand soul gems and only use partially filled gems for recharging. PLATFORM: observed on PS3 ... no info on other platforms yet.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

BY THE WAY ... once we have enough bugs assembled, I'll volunteer to forward them to Bethesda (with reference to this site). Intermittant bugs will only be forwarded if multiple people corroborate them. Also, bugs must be adequately described, repeatable, and MUST specify which PLATFORM they were encountered on, as every platform uses a different software build (duh).
    Amazon Reviewer

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    so far I ran in to this 2 times killed dragon can take item form body but didn't get soul and there skin stayed on there body for days before it disaper
    Yeah that has happened to me once. I was like ok it's dead, now give me my soul. But instead. The Dragon just laid there have some sort of seizure or something. And it took it 2 game days to vibrate down the mountain until it got stuck on a boulder. It eventually disappeared. But I still didn't absorb it's soul. It would have been funny, if it wasn't for the fact. That Dragon almost owned my ass. And I barely killed it. And then was cheated out of it's soul.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 6 - Silver

BUG: MERCHANT SALE UNDO MISSING - it appears that the ability of a player to undo an unintentional sale was never coded. As a result, if you inadvertantly click 'sell' on the wrong item to a merchant or fence, your only option seems to be to buy it back at a grotesquely inflated markup, or reload your game from an earlier save (losing all your progress since then). PLATFORM - observed on PS3.

BUG: SPELL TOMES WITH INCOMPLETE SPELL INFORMATION - when buying spell tomes, the descriptions fail to mention the casting level, and cost. The only way to find out that information is to save, buy the item, learn it, then open it in your spell inventory ... and if it's not what you want/need, you have to reload from an earlier save ... which also seems to frequently result in the merchant having a completely different inventory of items and books for sale. PLATFORM - observed on PS3.
    Amazon Reviewer

PRO Member

never seen this happen before got done form doing a hiest job 2 kids and a begger fell form the sky the kids got up walk away like nothing happen but the begger laid dead

Lvl 7 - Gold

My PS3 crashed/freezed right after killing my 3rd dragon that almost owned me....sucks big time

Player Hater

The following two bugs are pretty serious and whilst not exactly 'gamre-breaking', they are taking some of the fun out of the game...

Bard Quests: There are a few missions where you are tasked with finding certain items (Panteas Flute or Rjorns Drum) for members of the Bard crew. Problem is that if you had already picked up these items during another quest, the mission shits itself and will not allow you to hand them in. There is no way (except on PC by entering console commands) to fix this error. PS3 and Xboxers alike are stuck with this error at the moment.

Werewolf Cure:
    When fighting your inner beast after chucking a witches head on the fire in the Tomb of Ysgramor, this removes your Werewolf Curse. Only trouble is that the game does not recognise this. The counter for days as a werewolf keeps counting up, you still don't get Well-Rested bonus' and for all intents and purposes, you still have Werewolf Blood. But, and this is somewhat annoying, you can no longer change into a werewolf. So curing Lycanthropy has just removed all the benefits, but kept all the negatives of werewolf life.
    All the other little glitches and bugs I've encountered, I don't give a shit about. When the bugs affect the gameplay and mission structures, however, this is really frustrating.
    Please, Bethesda, fix these in the upcoming patch. i don't care about waiting, I'm patient. I just want to be able to finish the missions I started and regain my soul so to speak.

Harvester of Souls

PS3 system.

Seen several items fall from the sky, mammoths, people, dogs(reminds me of Oblivion quest for Sheogorath with raining firing dogs-cept these weren't on fire >:F).

Also noticed my friend playing and when he played for several hours on end(he repeated btw) textures started getting bad and fading and going transparently flashing like. If gives break to system, works fine. Noticed briefly for me, but shut down and restarted and worked fine.

Issue with companions getting hit by traps or enemies and getting flung into and "through" walls... Seen em get stuck inside.. Can sometimes leave and rest and they will eventually show back up near me.

Still think when I was walking.. seen a giant and like OH SHIT! but waited a bit... then proceeded along to see something in background "falling" it looked like.. well sure enough it was mammoths falling from the air. then walked on away like no ones' business. lolz.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

PRO Member

Marriage Corpse Bug: If your housecarl Lydia dies before you get married, there's a chance her corpse will turn up to your wedding and ruin the whole thing, she will sometimes turn up to your home as well ton ruin your marriage again. To combat the wedding bug, move her body downstairs in the chapel, then ask the guy/girl you want to re-marry.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Lvl 6 - Silver

bugs with follower equipment, as they love to revert back to using their default items, even if you give them superior ones yourself. example, i give aela a glass bow, though she likes to switch back to her wooden one when engaging enemies. they also seem to find random equipment from who knows where, and equip those as well over the things youve given them.

PRO Member

PC Format - Missed textures, failed to load skins random crashes to desktop.

Randomley they can either fail to load completely so I can see straight through walls or they load but fail to have any colour to them, they look like a white/ light blue colour. Noticed this with walls, windows, floors, animal heads on walls, clothes and armor, weapons and only noticed it in towns.

A few times faces have failed to load fully, ie the head is invisable but the eyes have loaded and if applicabe there waering a hat. Once a persons face colour was completely black (body white) and still able to see eyes and the rest of the faical features.

Random crashes are fequent depending on how long I've been playing so far today I've had 4 crashes in about 7 hours gaming. It mainly happens when fast traveling or just after I've died so I would assume its due to the game trying to load my last save which would more than likey be an auto-save.

This is all I've noticed so far on the PC game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast