perks

This is a discussion on perks within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; i dont believe this is possible, but has anyone found a method to redistribute perks? i wish theyd incorporate this ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

perks

i dont believe this is possible, but has anyone found a method to redistribute perks? i wish theyd incorporate this into everyone point system game like this, its just common sense...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    i wish theyd incorporate this into everyone point system game like this, its just common sense...
    Please don't take this personally, but I strongly disagree.

IMNSOm skills/powers reallocation has been a cheat-prone disaster in every game I've ever seen it in, because all too often, gaming weenies with no sense of foresight, commitment, or continuity almost always abuse such things to completely respec their characters for each new boss battle in the game. It was a disaster in Dragon Age, and it was a disaster in Star Wars Force Unleashed. I am GLAD they didn't put one in.

The only thing in that regard that I wish they HAD put in was the ability to change your character's appearance (recall that the game doesnt care what you look like, so there is no gaming impact whatsoever, except for the player's own personal enjoyment).
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

PRO Member

In some games the ability to respec makes sense, but Skyrim, no. Make a new character, walk a new path and see the world differently.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianOwl View Post
    In some games the ability to respec makes sense, but Skyrim, no. Make a new character, walk a new path and see the world differently.
    dont know why so many are against this. make a new character at lv30? nah. i like my character. but what if i want to go from 1h mastery to 2h, and not enough skill points available? i spent points into sneak stealth kill for the dagger x15, assuming there would be some sort of animation if u stab some1 in the sleep, but no such luck. so why waste a point when i can just use an axe to the face if im already that close. there is always a way they can implement it, so that its not abused, whether its a one time thing, or becomes too pricey in the end. why get punished for trying something out, and have it turn completely opposite of how you expected it to be? not everyone sits down and makes a plan to what theyll choose.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    dont know why so many are against this. make a new character at lv30? nah. i like my character. but what if i want to go from 1h mastery to 2h, and not enough skill points available? i spent points into sneak stealth kill for the dagger x15, assuming there would be some sort of animation if u stab some1 in the sleep, but no such luck. so why waste a point when i can just use an axe to the face if im already that close. there is always a way they can implement it, so that its not abused, whether its a one time thing, or becomes too pricey in the end. why get punished for trying something out, and have it turn completely opposite of how you expected it to be? not everyone sits down and makes a plan to what theyll choose.
    I get what your saying, but it really isn't about you, as shocking as that may sound.

Lvl 6 - Silver

it will probably happen anyway, i forgot that what idid with my character affected your gaming lol.