Whiterun Breezehome house glitch?

This is a discussion on Whiterun Breezehome house glitch? within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; So when you get the house in Whiterun: the Breezehome, I notice that there is a glitch of a sort ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Whiterun Breezehome house glitch?

So when you get the house in Whiterun: the Breezehome, I notice that there is a glitch of a sort where if I were to place items around the house for decorations, after awhile of traveling and coming back, I would notice the items would somehow just scatter all over the floor when not even Lydia is in the house to mess the stuff up. ALSO i placed the Honningbrew Decanter on one of my bookshelves and came back with it stuck IN the bookcase and now I can never retrieve it back because I cant grab it. What is going on?! I would never be able to finish the Thieves Guild Larceny quest without that Decanter.

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

PRO Member

Have you paid to decorate you're house?

Theres very few places you can put anything in these houses, for breezehome its the 2 chests and the book case thats all as far as I can tell. Once you pay to decorate the house you'll notice theres very little rom to add you're own stuff.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

You can also put stuff in a barrel in the Breezehome.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by [FnG] Unholy Eve View Post
    Have you paid to decorate you're house?

Theres very few places you can put anything in these houses, for breezehome its the 2 chests and the book case thats all as far as I can tell. Once you pay to decorate the house you'll notice theres very little rom to add you're own stuff.
    i did, however i grabbed everything and threw it outside the house so that id have chests and barrels to put my stuff in. but rare items i like to put up on display but sometimes they get knocked over onto the floor when no one is in the house.

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Bringing the PAIN

Only one answer for this... NINJAS!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Quartercircle Forward.

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    Only one answer for this... NINJAS!
    Or Ghosts

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by D1mech View Post
    Or Ghosts
    Or NinjaGhosts

PRO Member

For me if you load a save of your character while inside your house, the items will spawn first and fall everywhere and the furniture second or sometimes not at all (it will be there if you exit and come back). So try that and grab your decanter. This happened in both Breezehome and Honeyside (Whiterun and Riften) for me.

Also if books placed on bookshelves are all over the floor after you placed them, just add one or remove one and they will reset. I had books stuck with the situation you described and that fixed em. Hopefully they will fix this because it is quite annoying.

That's the last time I let Roger Daltrey stay at my house.
    Last edited by Pepticacid; 11-23-2011 at 09:03 AM. Reason: i'm an idiot

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have found that the first time you place something in any of your houses the next time you load and come back it will be scattered everywhere... if you place everything again it will remain in place. So what I do before decorating my tables/shelves and whatnot I just throw everything on the floor and save then load my game and decorate. It will then stay in place. If you place something 'new' though and then come back that 'new' object will throw everything that is around it... It must be saved in your house(not in a container, but in the open in your house) before being placed somewhere, otherwise you'll find it and whatever was around it on the floor upon your return

Lvl 6 - Silver

ive had a similar problem with the house in solitude. i place weapons in the weapon racks, and come back to find them on the floor. strange enough that some stay, and others refuse to stay in place. frustrating lol. also, i could do without the disappearing mannequins.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaNush View Post
    I have found that the first time you place something in any of your houses the next time you load and come back it will be scattered everywhere... if you place everything again it will remain in place. So what I do before decorating my tables/shelves and whatnot I just throw everything on the floor and save then load my game and decorate. It will then stay in place. If you place something 'new' though and then come back that 'new' object will throw everything that is around it... It must be saved in your house(not in a container, but in the open in your house) before being placed somewhere, otherwise you'll find it and whatever was around it on the floor upon your return
    is this guaranteed to work everytime? another situation that occured for me was when i placed my Ghostblade on the weapon rack, and come back at a later point to find the weapon completely missing. i really want to be able to decorate my home (now in Hjerim) with all valuable/rare items but im afraid to lose them forever