Frost Trolls

This is a discussion on Frost Trolls within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Anyone else finding these damn things extremely difficult to kill. Right now every time I see one I pick up ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Frost Trolls

Anyone else finding these damn things extremely difficult to kill. Right now every time I see one I pick up my skirt and run like a little girl...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have taken out a few but I am a mage that specializes in fire spells so I have a advantage.

PRO Member

what difficulty are you playing on? that has a direct impact on enemies. i m playing on easy and i still have to watch my health, i just can walk into areas like a madmen and expect to die. just watch your health and it should be to much of an issue.

WHO DAT!!!!

helps to have a companion, but i know how u feel, ive been avoiding those sum bitches too. U have to kill one up the million step march tho, no choice

Bringing the PAIN

I found one on my way to High Hrothgar and it killed me about 3 times. Then I got smart and went around him a bit and got above him. Fired arrows down on him and killed his ass. (Had to tbag him a few times outta anger.)

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

PRO Member

Frost Trolls are classed as the strongest out of the troll family. What level are you and what skills do you use against it?

If you have fire spells go for it, fire damage wep hit its head in with it, partner or summons use them all. After a while of more exploring you'll find that these guys are a cake walk eventually.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I am only lvl 8 playing on Adept.. but ran it to quite a few already... and for the one on the million steps portion I just ran and ran and he followed... when I made it to the building he followed me in but the Greybeard dudes took him out

Lvl 4 - Silver

yeah they were pretty tough for me at first but now I can kill almost anything in a couple of hits. like dragons i can kill in 3 direct power attacks

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by TingTingPanda View Post
    yeah they were pretty tough for me at first but now I can kill almost anything in a couple of hits. like dragons i can kill in 3 direct power attacks
    Does that includes Giants?

Digital Terror

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    I found one on my way to High Hrothgar and it killed me about 3 times. Then I got smart and went around him a bit and got above him. Fired arrows down on him and killed his ass. (Had to tbag him a few times outta anger.)
    LOL tbag for teh win

Legendary...Nuff Said

I've faced 2-3 Frost Trolls in my playthrough thus far, but they actually aren't too bad once you memorize their attack patterns. If you're a mage, duel-wield the Firebolt and do as much damage to them that way (if you have that spell. If not, they're susceptible to other forms of fire). If you're not a mage, then you'll have a longer battle, but it's not too hard. Basically, they only repeat one kind of attack. When you get close to them, they'll swing their arms 2-3 times. Just simply back off, and when they finish that attack, get in a sword-swing or two. They have a pretty long recovery time for their attacks. Just be patient with it and it shouldn't be too bad. They're one of the more difficult enemies in the game, so just know that there aren't many that are much harder.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Platinum Dohvakiin

If you're a Mage just use Fire Spells. If you're not a Mage. Use fire scrolls or a fire enchanted weapon. If all else fails, resort to the Fire Breath Dragon Shout. For me Frost Trolls were only a pita when there was more than one of them attacking me.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 6 - Silver

playing through normally, since the first time ive encountered them never had a problem really. i usually arrowed them mostly till they got near me, then used the fire breath thu'um to really hurt em, and stop their regen for a bit, then just hacked and slashed till they died. at the moment, i can kill them in one or two power swings so i dont really worry about them anymore. make sure u got nice armor! or some bait!

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Use fire spells on them to make your life somewhat easier.

Harvester of Souls

I just duel wielded a Orcish sword and the axe you get from Whiterun Jarl dude . Both had enchantments but ran out when I met first frost troll.. Had no issues at all, just ran at him swinging like crazy adn backed off. Had ot heal once and switched to heal spell and kept swinging. difficulty on normal and didnt' have to change it. After killing thought I could of used my fire spell, but didn't matter. Around level10 ish I think it was.

Friend of mine in real life hates these guys and can't seem to kill them. Says he does little damage even with fire spell and then BAM they eventually recover their health before he can finish them. But yeah, like said, I've had no issues. Then agian, I'm used to playing Demon's Souls and Dark Souls religiously and backed my fighting here with those tactics .

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

Frost trolls are STRONG, fast, and they REGENERATE. You gotta do a lot of damage to them, and then, if you finished them by any means other than fire, you have to close in and land a manual whack with your melee weapon from close range.

A widely overlooked and underrated skill, blocking, helps survive a fight with one.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Does that includes Giants?
    yeah i would wield the mace of molag bal on the right and chillrend on the left, slow down time and then do the power attack, the giant will die after one flurry. mammoths take about 1 and a slash

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

JE9
    Lvl 3 - Bronze

i can't take one down if my life depended on it. their heath regenerates. i got ambushed by four traveling through some ruins