Results 1 to 14 of 14

Cannot start House of Horrors quest for Oblivion Walker? =\

This is a discussion on Cannot start House of Horrors quest for Oblivion Walker? =\ within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; The rest of the trophies are going fine for me, but Oblivion Walker may not end up being successful for ...

  1. #1
    \(^o^)/ (・。・)
    cocoasg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    693
    Reputation
    59

    Cannot start House of Horrors quest for Oblivion Walker? =\

    The rest of the trophies are going fine for me, but Oblivion Walker may not end up being successful for me all because the starting npc quest-giver for the House of Horrors quest, Vigilant Tyranus, no longer shows up in front of the Abandoned House in Markarth.

    I remember seeing AND talking to him after I first arrived in Markath through the "Night to Remember" quest. But I do not think I started the House of Horrors quest yet. Now, after reaching Level 50 and going smoothly on other quests and trophies, I came back to Markarth but cannot find him anywhere in the city anymore. The Forsworn Conspiracy quest also glitched for me, but it still got completed nonetheless.

    *sigh* When I found out that I need the Mace of Bal (or whatever it is called) as one of the Daedric Artifacts for the Oblivion Walker trophy, I felt so exhausted. I may have to start a second game after I finish the rest of the trophies, just for this. Maybe not worth it for a long while... I do have a life, you know! =3

    PS: I searched for Vigilant throughout the whole city, and outside it, near the stairs or the stables, but he is nowhere to be found. Any ideas on where he might be? I do not think he may have died, definitely not on my hands, so I have absolutely no clue...
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |


  2. #2
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Frostmourne89's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    536
    Reputation
    1

    im not 100% on this but ive read your allowed to miss one of the daedric artifacts and still be able to get the trophy? again dont quote me on that. as for not getting the quest, is the npc even around? or has he disappeared? my quest started late in the night, not sure if time of day might affect that.

  3. #3
    \(^o^)/ (・。・)
    cocoasg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    693
    Reputation
    59

    Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    im not 100% on this but ive read your allowed to miss one of the daedric artifacts and still be able to get the trophy? again dont quote me on that. as for not getting the quest, is the npc even around? or has he disappeared? my quest started late in the night, not sure if time of day might affect that.
    It has been widely circulated throughout forums that the Skeleton Key from the Darkness Returns (Thieves Guild) quest actually does not count as a Daedric Artifact, so the maximum number of available Daedric Artifacts in the game is 15, not 16.

    Well, for me, Vigilant Tyranus is just MISSING. Poof, like that. I do remember watching a conversation between him and a local just near the Abandoned House my first time in Markarth during the "A Night to Remember" quest, but I do not think I started the House of Horrors quest yet. Now, I come back and he is nowhere to be found. *shrug*
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |


  4. #4
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Frostmourne89's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    536
    Reputation
    1

    well i dont mean that but, ive read you can obtain both the Savior's Hide (Chest Armor) / Ring of Hircine (Ring) from the quest Ill met by moonlight, giving a total of 16 again. hmm very strange, hopefully he didnt die anywhere, though im pretty sure important characters can only be downed and not killed. (tried to kill a jarls' housecarl, didnt work). in this case, i assume he might have somehow changed locations, but its just speculation.

  5. #5
    \(^o^)/ (・。・)
    cocoasg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    693
    Reputation
    59

    Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    well i dont mean that but, ive read you can obtain both the Savior's Hide (Chest Armor) / Ring of Hircine (Ring) from the quest Ill met by moonlight, giving a total of 16 again. hmm very strange, hopefully he didnt die anywhere, though im pretty sure important characters can only be downed and not killed. (tried to kill a jarls' housecarl, didnt work). in this case, i assume he might have somehow changed locations, but its just speculation.
    I do hope he is hiding somewhere. Do you have any ideas on where he might be, other than in Markarth outside the Abandoned House? ^^
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |


  6. #6
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    Vigilant Tyranus isn't hiding. He's more than likely standing infront of The Hall of the Dead's door. Just not the door on the street. If you go into the ruins where the Museum is, and turn left (opposite the museum stair case)and walk along the path and up the stairs. He should be standing up there. And tells you that you can't enter the Hall of the Dead.

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




  7. #7
    \(^o^)/ (・。・)
    cocoasg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    693
    Reputation
    59

    Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    Vigilant Tyranus isn't hiding. He's more than likely standing infront of The Hall of the Dead's door. Just not the door on the street. If you go into the ruins where the Museum is, and turn left (opposite the museum stair case)and walk along the path and up the stairs. He should be standing up there. And tells you that you can't enter the Hall of the Dead.
    I do not think that is Vigilant Tyranus at all, but rather, Brother Verulus who initiates a different Daedric Quest, "The Taste of Death". ^^
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |


  8. #8
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    I do not think that is Vigilant Tyranus at all, but rather, Brother Verulus who initiates a different Daedric Quest, "The Taste of Death". ^^
    Yulp you're right my bad. I'm getting my quests mixed up. Vigilant or at least for me, was only outside the house at night. I never seen him during my trips in Markath at any other time. Or at least I never noticed him around the city during the day. But I know he's always infront of the house each night. I would just go to the house and wait until it's dark. He should just show up.
    The only NPC I had a problem finding was Sam. And that's because I ran into him early on. And I couldn't remember which inn I met him at. So I had to back track to every snowy town in Skyrim, because that's all I remembered was it was snowing.

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




  9. #9
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Frostmourne89's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    536
    Reputation
    1

    if i may ask, during the Ill met by moonlight quest, did u kill the hunters? or sidding? i just got the oblivion walker trophy, without doing all 15 quests, thought this might help you out.

  10. #10
    \(^o^)/ (・。・)
    cocoasg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    693
    Reputation
    59

    Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    if i may ask, during the Ill met by moonlight quest, did u kill the hunters? or sidding? i just got the oblivion walker trophy, without doing all 15 quests, thought this might help you out.
    Unfortunately, I completed that "Ill Met by Moonlight" quest with only Savior's Hide, not both the hide and Ring of Hircine. So I gained only one artifact from that quest, and not two, oh well!

    Anyway, my theory on why Vigilant is no longer showing up is that...

    I did start the "House of Horrors" quest the first time I was in Markarth during the "A Night to Remember" quest, if I remember right. BUT I did not follow Vigilant into the house, but rather continued on with the game, planning to come back later.

    I guess when I only came back at much higher levels, in fact now Level 50, the time delay was so much that Vigilant may have been inside the house all along but the door is no longer unlocked. *shrug*

    What a silly bug. Anyway, I will be managing two separate games, 5 save files each, my main game at Level 50 and the other game being a speed run through all 15 Daedric quests. I just have to pump up Enchanting and Smithing to power up magic resistances on my armor pieces for those tricky mage fights in some of the quests. ^^
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |


  11. #11
    Game on....
    Timeless-Enigma's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,915
    Reputation
    348

    The 'Mace of Molag Bal' is actually a great weapon to use. However the magical charge rate drops quickly and eats up the soul gems. As soon as the 'House of horrors' quest line appeared on the screen, i just had to take it on there and then and now im glad i finished it.

  12. #12
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    CaptainOmo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    70
    Reputation
    0

    Same exact thing happened to me. I've finished all other daedric quests but there is noone present outside the abandoned house in Markarth. The other guy he's supposed to talk with Yngvar (sp) is always either drinking and singing in front of the inn or leaning against the bridge north of the abandoned house. I'm very frustrated as i have to do another playthrough, which will be my third due to glitches. But i need the platinum, i just love this game too much even though its bugged to shit.
    Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Kingdoms of Amalur

  13. #13
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sterling, VA
    Posts
    3
    Reputation
    0

    So to this date, nobody's come up with anything yet, eh? I'm having trouble with him too... second to last daedric quest, and my last trophy before platinum.

  14. #14
    \(^o^)/ (・。・)
    cocoasg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    693
    Reputation
    59

    Quote Originally Posted by ruins View Post
    So to this date, nobody's come up with anything yet, eh? I'm having trouble with him too... second to last daedric quest, and my last trophy before platinum.
    I believe this bug was fixed with a patch recently, but correct me if I am wrong. Sorry if this thread was not of much help, since it is a pretty old thread now. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO