A Little screwing around on the PC Ver. reveals Entire landmasses of Cyrodill and Morrowind Ingame

This is a discussion on A Little screwing around on the PC Ver. reveals Entire landmasses of Cyrodill and Morrowind Ingame within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; PPSh-41 i don't feel like re-uploading and copy pasting the whole thing here, so here's a TL;DR Basically the Entire ...

INTJ

A Little screwing around on the PC Ver. reveals Entire landmasses of Cyrodill and Morrowind Ingame

PPSh-41

i don't feel like re-uploading and copy pasting the whole thing here, so here's a TL;DR

Basically the Entire Tamerial Landscape is built into skyrim (Every single Land mass in morrowwind and Cyrodill, unknown about the other countries), currently the only way to get to it is using the PC Version and a bit of noclip. There's Even a Arch Entrance into Morrowind that for some reason is there and you can't access.

There are absolutely no reason at all these should be in-game, you cannot see them on your minimap without screwing around with the mods a bit, and you can't access it at all without cheating.

This can either mean two things, one is Bethdesta is planning massive expansion packs that take place in these lands, or two Bethesda left that in-game for people to mod the landscape into complete recreations of morrowind and Cyrodill ( The country Oblivion took place in).

Video version of the TL;DR

Last edited by Ps360; 11-22-2011 at 04:24 AM.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Either Bethesda is planning massive expansion packs, or they created the entire Tamerial Landscape so they wouldn't have to do it later. So it would take less time to make future TES games. Personally I'm hoping for both. But I'm greedy like that.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I would think that going to the Imperial lands would make sense for an expansion, though I'm not that far through the main story line of the game. I have only done a few main quests since joining the Stormcloaks. I tend to do mostly sidequests for a while because I know I won't finish much beyond making a new character and starting over once I finish the main storylines.

I could see being a stormcloak and being assigned to go to Cyrodiil though.

PRO Member

Am I the only one who thinks this is a complete waste in a game that has been criticized for its lag and bugs?

Its just adding more crap to cause problems, and in this case the crap as 0 upside. Even if its to be used in expansion packs, its unnecessary in the game as it currently stands.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a complete waste in a game that has been criticized for its lag and bugs?

Its just adding more crap to cause problems, and in this case the crap as 0 upside. Even if its to be used in expansion packs, its unnecessary in the game as it currently stands.

PC Version makes those bugs non-existent due to community mods/patches.

If you buy the console version it is seriously the worst 59$ you can spend, but if you get the PC Version it's the best 59$ you can spend (Not being rude, but seriously mods increase the replay value by infinite in bethdesta games)
    Last edited by Ps360; 11-22-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    PC Version makes those bugs non-existent due to community mods/patches.

If you buy the console version it is seriously the worst 59$ you can spend, but if you get the PC Version it's the best 59$ you can spend (Not being rude, but seriously mods increase the replay value by infinite in bethdesta games)
    To be honest it is by far the best 45euros I have spend in a while yes there are bugs and no mods but it is still an amazing game .
    Would be nice to go back to old provinces!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jopwnd View Post
    To be honest it is by far the best 45euros I have spend in a while yes there are bugs and no mods but it is still an amazing game .
    Would be nice to go back to old provinces!
    yea but once all the bethdesta stuff starts wearing off on ya it gets boring as hell.

thats where mods come in, where you can have massive underwater mansions, make your character look better, and a bunch of other stuff that makes the game hilariously stupid or very dark.

or you can download cheat mods like lockpick pro and be a complete dick

Kiwi Defender

I agree. Surely they can add this landscapes alongside the DLC and fix any bugs that might appear, even if the DLCs finish up being heavy as hell.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Harvester of Souls

Updated Morrowind on PS3 .. I want PC verison just to do that now and see myself ;____;

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    Updated Morrowind on PS3 .. I want PC verison just to do that now and see myself ;____;
    Don't forget you also need a very powerful PC.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    if you have oblivion pc version and the ability to install mods, here you go.

http://morroblivion.com/

Lvl 5 - Silver

Its weird when i was playing earlier i was thinking if they'd let you go to morrowind or cyrodill. Hopefully the expansions are epic.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I agree. Surely they can add this landscapes alongside the DLC and fix any bugs that might appear, even if the DLCs finish up being heavy as hell.

I really don't see it as a waste. Because if the expansions are as big as Bethesda say they are going to be. Already having the entire landscape built into the game. Would just cut down on the file size you'll have to download. Because all you'll be downloading is the structures,npc's and the quest. Instead of all of that plus the huge landscape.
    It may seem like a waste now. But I can see the benefits of having it in the game now. What would you rather have a 1gig DLC, or a 3 gig DLC to have to d/l?

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Crocodile Hunter

im going to buy it on the PS3 even tho the PC would be better for mods lol

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i got oblivion for the pc and found it good but majorly glitchy even when i put it in now i get major lag playing on a gaming system sometimes and the mods while they do increase the play the good ones are few and far between mostly there just small lil perks that dont do much and ive GOTY edition whereas i got skyrim for ps3 and i dont regret it i find it much more fun to play on the console

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    I really don't see it as a waste. Because if the expansions are as big as Bethesda say they are going to be. Already having the entire landscape built into the game. Would just cut down on the file size you'll have to download. Because all you'll be downloading is the structures,npc's and the quest. Instead of all of that plus the huge landscape.
    It may seem like a waste now. But I can see the benefits of having it in the game now. What would you rather have a 1gig DLC, or a 3 gig DLC to have to d/l?
    A bugless/glitchless game, that's what I'd rather have. Guess it's too much to ask from Bethesda, though.

Toggle Spoiler