Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Stormcloaks or the Imperial Army

This is a discussion on Stormcloaks or the Imperial Army within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; I joined the Imperials after listening to Ulfric talk. He's such a dick. Plus I honestly don't like Windhelm, the ...

дурак

I joined the Imperials after listening to Ulfric talk. He's such a dick. Plus I honestly don't like Windhelm, the hatred for Elves is silly.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    I joined the Imperials after listening to Ulfric talk. He's such a dick. Plus I honestly don't like Windhelm, the hatred for Elves is silly.
    That was another reason why I joined the Imperials. I was playing as a High Elf. And it just seemed counter-productive to join the Stormcloaks. When the people of Windhelm talked to me like I was the problem. I had one guy who said to me. "Hey you Elf, what are you doing in Skyrim? This is a Nord's Home." Or something along those lines. Later on his dead body was found laying in the street..naked...
    And The more Ulfric talked. The more of a Dick he became. I didn't see him as freeing Skyrim. As much as I saw him as pursuing his own agenda. He just seemed like a spoiled kid who didn't like that he couldn't have his way, to me.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I joined the Stormcloaks as a High Elf (same as a Thalmor), I was hoping to have some derogatory comments made against me, but the dialogue wasn't overly picky at my race.. perhaps it's worth trying again as a Dark Elf (seeing as in Windhelm the Nords thoroughly dislike them). Eitherway, this particular quest line was pretty boring I found; sub standard loot, slow missions that had a feel of 'inflitrate/bribe - attack - repeat x 4'. I guess doing quests for megalomaniac with a god complex becomes tiresome fast.

Although I did enjoy running into the forts and throwing fireballs and Inferno (bolts?) around and killing many of my own troops, guess I could have enjoyed that playing with the Imperials too!

Lvl 4 - Silver

i joined the stormcloaks because i didnt want to be on the side that tried to cut off my head

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Lvl 2 - Bronze

@Frostmourne89 good point and lol but didn't a imperial guy save your head lol so that why I an going to join the imperials.
    ★Greatness from small beginnings★

Lvl 5 - Silver

havnt picked yet, save 4 last

PRO Member

went with stormcloaks diffrent armor /weapons I liked collecting the diffrent armor and weapons to see what they looked like.

Lvl 6 - Silver

If it wasnt for the fact that Ulfric is a self-serving imbecilic and worefully bigoted jackass, and a lousy leader to boot, I would have joined the Stormcloaks immediately. It's too bad there's no option to simply kill him and take over ... I'd be Emperor in VERY short order. However, since that's not in the cards, I'm VERY reluctantly leaning towards the Imperials.

Yuck.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

I went Stormcloaks - racist as they may be, they aren't just laying down and letting the damn Thalmor walk all over them and tell them who they can and can't worship.

Not a fan of that in the least. Empire seems like nothing but Thalmor puppets - boot-lickers, shining those boots up real good just for the sake of "peace" - meanwhile the Thalmor persecute anyone who disagrees with them.

No thanks .

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Legendary...Nuff Said

Heh, joining the Stormcloaks granted me an Orcish Sword of Flames that does insane damage, especially when coupled in with my Firebolt (going as a battle-mage has turned out to be a very good strategy ). Ulfric is an arrogant dick, but he sure gives nice rewards. I wonder what weapons you get for completing objectives for the Imperials. Anyone care to shed light on the subject (who's in the Imperial army, of course ).

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

RPG Master

I went with the Imperials for a couple of reasons. First of all, the Stormcloaks are racist against any non-Nord race. Therefore, if they win the civil war, a majority of the population of Skyrim will be in danger (I'm guessing 25% of Skyrim is not Nords). Second, Jarl Ulfric is a bastard who doesn't like anyone who disagrees with him.

The Thalmar don't matter to me because I would kill any of their agents that I found on the road, stealthy of course.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

PRO Member

If you chose the Nordic race, you absolutely have to join the Stormcloaks. Makes no sense as a Nord to help the Imperials occupy your homeland.

PRO Member

Also, did anyone answer the question about going into towns occupied by the enemy? If i'm gonna get lit up everytime I enter Whiterun, I'm gonna reload my save before I joined.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've been teaming up with the Stormcloaks. After that little stunt with the execution, I'll gladly kick the imperials asses. Plus, the Imperials remind me too much of Caesar's Legion and they're with the Thalmor. The snobby punks will get theirs.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

You wont be attacked for going to solitude if youre dressed as a stormcloak or you are a stormcloak. The rewards for both sides quests are the same, which is a leveled magic weapon. I have heard that when you side with the stormcloaks and seige solitude that your solitude house is destroyed. Not sure if its true.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Since I started off with an Imperial character, I was of course inclined to side with the Imperial Army. But actually, the real reason is more of a visual thing: once I set foot on Solitude, I loved the beauty of the city as opposed to the chill wintery weather of Windhelm, and thought to myself, "Hey, isn't life as an Imperial great? Screw Ulfric then."

Yay for me being 'evil'... oh wait, Nords also serve the Imperial army, you know. And they like it. Stormcloaks are simply rebels, and well, I would not want to lay waste to such a fine city like Solitude, am I right? Right? =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac795 View Post
    I have heard that when you side with the stormcloaks and seige solitude that your solitude house is destroyed. Not sure if its true.
    That is not true. I can confirm that if you side with the Stormcloaks, Solitude takes hardly any damage at the end. You only cause damage to a couple of buildings and nothing happens to Proudspire Manor (Your Solitude home).

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Since I started off with an Imperial character, I was of course inclined to side with the Imperial Army. But actually, the real reason is more of a visual thing: once I set foot on Solitude, I loved the beauty of the city as opposed to the chill wintery weather of Windhelm, and thought to myself, "Hey, isn't life as an Imperial great? Screw Ulfric then."

Yay for me being 'evil'... oh wait, Nords also serve the Imperial army, you know. And they like it. Stormcloaks are simply rebels, and well, I would not want to lay waste to such a fine city like Solitude, am I right? Right? =3
    The Imperial Army doesn't have anything to do with the Imperial class selection. Unless I'm wrong, Imperials are from the land of Cyrodiil and were the main natives from Oblivion, but the Imperial army is not based around that class, nor are the people who are in the army are necessary from Cyrodiil either.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    The Imperial Army doesn't have anything to do with the Imperial class selection. Unless I'm wrong, Imperials are from the land of Cyrodiil and were the main natives from Oblivion, but the Imperial army is not based around that class, nor are the people who are in the army are necessary from Cyrodiil either.
    You have a point there, what with Nords also serving the Imperial army despite being natives of Skyrim. The Stormcloaks are also made up of Nords but they have different views on the whole thing, yes?
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    The Stormcloaks are also made up of Nords but they have different views on the whole thing, yes
    Yes the Nords are on both sides. It's a civil war with different opinions on the fate of Skyrim. One side hoping for a land controlled by true Nords and retaining it's Nordic way of life, with the other wanting Skyrim to become apart of the Empire.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast