Another weird glitch

This is a discussion on Another weird glitch within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; So I went around to all the 9 holds/cities, killed 1 guard and ran away to the next one all ...

Get bent...

Another weird glitch

So I went around to all the 9 holds/cities, killed 1 guard and ran away to the next one all in order to get Master Criminal trophy.

Once it popped, I started going back to all those places, waited for the guard to come up to me and then I'd select the option to pay off my bounty.

No problems, right? Wrong.

Whenever I go to the city of Markarth to try paying my bounty off, they usually just attack on site. Occasionally, a guard will come up to me and my options will be to tell them I'm in the Thieves Guild and pay a small amount (won't work), claim that I was framed (doesn't work either), submit and go to jail (doesn't work either), or fight them.

There's never an option to pay the bounty off and when I decide to submit & go to jail, they tell me I'll never see the light of day again because they're sending me to the Cidhna Mines but nothing happens. The dialog choices just keep going back & forth. I keep choosing submit and they keep telling me the same thing but never take me to the mines. If I back out of the conversation, they attack.

I've tried the whole "pull your weapon and then sheathe it again" trick. Doesn't work.

None of the other choices given will work.

Even the bounty hunter that shows up at random attacks me for no reason. No dialogue options with him at all.

Anybody else run into this problem? Is this a glitch? Is there some other way around this?

I need to figure out a way to fix this since I have a few Thieves Guild missions in that city and more to follow as I try to get the One With The Shadows trophy.

Hopefully I'm not screwed.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 1 - Bronze

If you side with the Stormcloaks, who take over Markarth, this problem will fix

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    So I went around to all the 9 holds/cities, killed 1 guard and ran away to the next one all in order to get Master Criminal trophy.

Once it popped, I started going back to all those places, waited for the guard to come up to me and then I'd select the option to pay off my bounty.

No problems, right? Wrong.

Whenever I go to the city of Markarth to try paying my bounty off, they usually just attack on site. Occasionally, a guard will come up to me and my options will be to tell them I'm in the Thieves Guild and pay a small amount (won't work), claim that I was framed (doesn't work either), submit and go to jail (doesn't work either), or fight them.

There's never an option to pay the bounty off and when I decide to submit & go to jail, they tell me I'll never see the light of day again because they're sending me to the Cidhna Mines but nothing happens. The dialog choices just keep going back & forth. I keep choosing submit and they keep telling me the same thing but never take me to the mines. If I back out of the conversation, they attack.

I've tried the whole "pull your weapon and then sheathe it again" trick. Doesn't work.

None of the other choices given will work.

Even the bounty hunter that shows up at random attacks me for no reason. No dialogue options with him at all.

Anybody else run into this problem? Is this a glitch? Is there some other way around this?

I need to figure out a way to fix this since I have a few Thieves Guild missions in that city and more to follow as I try to get the One With The Shadows trophy.

Hopefully I'm not screwed.
    yea pulling back and sheathing my weapon NEVER worked for me, I was forced to have to kill the guards or be killed.

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us