PS3 Patch

This is a discussion on PS3 Patch within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Hi All I havent been able to play me PS3 for a few days but I know a patch was ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

PS3 Patch

Hi All

I havent been able to play me PS3 for a few days but I know a patch was coming out for Thanksgiving but has it come out and has it worked?

PRO Member

No update yet. The updates aren't scheduled to be live until the week after Thanksgiving.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Lvl 1 - Bronze

ah sucks
    Thought I would get some serious play time in this weekend.

Not a problem regular breaks may do me good

Lvl 4 - Silver

it better be free...

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Lvl 2 - Bronze

why wouldn't it be free?
    Formally: ReVz

Nope, nothing

Just a little update for you fellow Skyrim players;

Last week Bethesda announced that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim patch 1.2 was submitted to Sony and Microsoft for certification on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and that a patch for the PC version was coming as well.

Until now, the only timeframe we had was a "current estimate" for the patch going live the week after Thanksgiving.

Today, we got some more clarificiation. Bethesda's VP of Marketing and PR Pete Hines updated fans that the patch should go live for all three updates (PS3, Xbox 360, and PC) during "first half of next week".

While the full list of bugs this patch would address wasn't released, Pete Hines did say that "improved performance for long-term play on PS3" was on the list for patch 1.2.

Hines promised that he would "provide a list of fixes once patch has been certed and no other changes will be made."

Game on....

Next week the patch will be released for PS3. So not long now..

Anyone who is thinking about getting Skyrim should ignore the official Bethesda skyrim forum because i feel the frame rate problem is being over exaggerated there. I have put 80+ hours into my game of Skyrim and my save file is 11mb and i have had only one game crash and slight frame rate slowdown after 3 hours of constant gaming. I have been playing Skyrim since release in sessions of 2-3 hours and i can say in all honesty that Skyrim is the finest game i have played this year.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Next week the patch will be released for PS3. So not long now..

Anyone who is thinking about getting Skyrim should ignore the official Bethesda skyrim forum because i feel the frame rate problem is being over exaggerated there. I have put 80+ hours into my game of Skyrim and my save file is 11mb and i have had only one game crash and slight frame rate slowdown after 3 hours of constant gaming. I have been playing Skyrim since release in sessions of 2-3 hours and i can say in all honesty that Skyrim is the finest game i have played this year.
    Lucky you... Because my save file is 14 MB and I can barely play for half an hour without the frame rate severely dropping that leads to s crash.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

RPG Master

Playing with the frame-rate bug wasn't as bad for me as for other people most likely because I have some experience with playing rpg's with frame rate issues. I cannot wait for patch 1.2 so I can go back and play through again while enjoying the game. I rushed through to get the plat in 66 hours so i would avoid the majority of the lag issues (still 13 MB file size)
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

PRO Member

gonna wait for the fix list before i update. wanna know which exploits they fixing haha

Lvl 6 - Silver

cant wait for the patch, i really hope they fix a lot of things lol. followers need quite a tune up along with the lag issues. ive lost my follower for a while now, about 10 levels ago and cant get a new one hah. so they havent died, nor do they return home after a week of ingame time. oh wells. i'll hope for the best with the patch.

Lvl 4 - Silver

i want them to not only patch up the lag issue in the game, but also the issue where whenever i would be decorating my house with items, they tend to end up on the floor when i load up the game again. i tend to lose rare items this way

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have not had that bad of a lag this weekend but my save file is only 7mb

I have had the issue of things not being in places they should be :/

Lvl 4 - Silver

im at 75 hrs and 14 MB

Game on....

I downloaded the latest patch on Monday and i think that it has definitely made an improvement (not fixed completely) on the framerate issue. I have played for nearly 90+ hours and i find that waiting in game for 24 hours every time i enter a dungeon, enter a town etc, helps keep the game running smoothly. I have had three game crashes in 90 hours that have required three soft resets of my PS3. So overall, im happy enough at the moment.

I have heard that starting a new game now with the latest patch will literally resolve any problems with the game. However i am not starting again now.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I installed my patch the day it came out, and for a while the performance was noticeably better. HOWEVER, I'm starting to see some of the laggage issues returning, especially when in towns (ex: whiterun). I'll try to see if there's a pattern, but it seems like it's always accompanied by heavy drive accessing. Why the heck those twits in their testing department cant hook the dang thing up to a logic analyzer and scan the code for excessive/unnecessary drive accessing patterns is beyond me.

Egads, if only the PS3 had say 8gb of flash memory built in ... with an onboard cache of that size, we wouldnt have all these drive-accessing laggage issues. I'm surprised Sony hasnt already fast tracked something like that, for say a PS3 mk2.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer