Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Skyrim Hard to know facts, post em

This is a discussion on Skyrim Hard to know facts, post em within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Another possible Easter Egg I've noticed: given the Nordic theme of TES5, the "Volsung" dragonpriest mask is probably a tip ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Another possible Easter Egg I've noticed: given the Nordic theme of TES5, the "Volsung" dragonpriest mask is probably a tip of the hat to the Völsungasaga, which is spotlighted in one of the parts of the multi-part "Ring" opera by Richard Wagner.

Ditto for the references to King Olaf and the "Edda" in the Bard's College quest, which is obviously a direct reference to the Prose Edda by Snorri Sturlson of the 13th century. I have two different editions of both Eddas (Prose and Poetic) sitting on the shelves next to me, as I type this.

Ancient literature and mythology were among my interests way back in college.
    ΦBK — Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I shot my wife with the wabbajack and she changed into a crazy devil guy with Deadric armour, it was awesome.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    thats creepy, haha. mine dont seem to move but...when i put armor on them they turn invisible.
    every house I own they turn invisible, also my weapon racks wont let me use them

NSFW

There is this book called: "Kolb and the Dragon", which can be found here and there (like in Winterhold College's Library). The book is one of those choose-your-own-adventure books. There is also a book filled with riddles in Winterhold.

Speaking of Winterhold, do the Winterhold questline before getting married. The last part of the questline

Toggle Spoiler

can make your partner disappear (Aela, Where are you?). The problem is, that she disappears, not dies. So you can't get remarried, and can not get the perks of being married either.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 5 - Silver

In one of the dungeons(I forget which one and the quest associated), you find the skeletal remains of "Anders" with a note saying he's hungry and stuck in a pit because he couldn't figure out how to proceed. I was wondering if this was a Dragon Age jibe.
    That is part of the thieves guild quest line and is probably supposed to give you a hint that the pit isn't a dead end (and you can proceed with a tool he didn't have in his possession).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12