Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bugs/Glitches that will stop you from the platinum.

This is a discussion on Bugs/Glitches that will stop you from the platinum. within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Originally Posted by ISI-Society So revert to a save just before that ... if you have one. I don't....

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    So revert to a save just before that ... if you have one.
    I don't.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    I don't.
    always make multiple saves for bethesda games

Lvl 6 - Silver

I turned off all the auto-saving, because it seems to be flakey, and do it manually instead. I've been rotating though about 12 saves, in round robin fashion. I generally try to save anytime I'm about to do something potentialy stupid or consequential, or after I accomplish something and wish to 'lock it in', or roughly every hour, whichever comes first. I'll then copy the most recent few saves to my thumb drive every 5-10 levels or so.

Normally I'll only backup my saves after finishing a game, but Bethesda's games are just so embarassingly buggy and crash prone, that I don't trust them, and therefore do it myself per the above.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 7 - Gold

So if I sold my guild armor to a unknown merchant, how do I get it back? and btw that was like several months ago I sold it so deos the inventory reset? If then... I'm fucking suing bethesda, no I wont but wtf? they give you thousands of new items all the time you can't expect them me to think " oh, sucky guild armor! I should keep it!"

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Walle View Post
    So if I sold my guild armor to a unknown merchant, how do I get it back? and btw that was like several months ago I sold it so deos the inventory reset? If then... I'm fucking suing bethesda, no I wont but wtf? they give you thousands of new items all the time you can't expect them me to think " oh, sucky guild armor! I should keep it!"
    Yes, the merchant's inventory resets after an in-game day or two. Bethesda never thought about this in the first place, that people would accidentally sell off their Thief armor set like me on my first playthrough. Either that, or they did not properly fix Tonilia's dialogue script (which is pretty obvious here). Sorry about that... but if you are determined enough like me, it should not take you long to finish the whole Thieves Guild quest line if you speed run through a second game. Good luck! =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

I believe I sold one of the Thieves guild armour pieces, but not all of it. Am I still safe?

Lvl 7 - Gold

Yeah, only requires one piece. Thanks SKYRIM! Spent loads of hours doing those fucking uncountable quests for delvin and vex. ALL in vain. Gonna hope they'll fix it or atleast somehow make it doable in the time I'll do eveyrthing else.

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Yes, I am afraid so. I can confirm myself that selling this Thief armor set and not buying them back from the merchant in time means you will not be able to complete the final quest of the Thieves Guild quest line, as already mentioned in my OP, and thus will miss out on the final Thieves Guild trophy. The Thief armor set was unfortunately not considered 'quest' items, so they could be sold accidentally. As for smithing similar items, no, that is not possible as there is no other method of obtaining this specific Thief armor set except from Tonilia early in the Thieves Guild quest line.
    So where can I buy it back? I don't know where I go to buy it back and I sold everything.

An old-fashioned cowboy

It saddens me to hear about these bugs and glitches. I was looking forward to playing this game but until Bethesda fixes these problems I'm not even gonna touch this game.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Walle View Post
    Yeah, only requires one piece. Thanks SKYRIM! Spent loads of hours doing those fucking uncountable quests for delvin and vex. ALL in vain. Gonna hope they'll fix it or atleast somehow make it doable in the time I'll do eveyrthing else.
    I had a 198 hour game which i could NOT get the platinum on because of the Dampened Spirits quest,i know thats not the same frustration you have with the guild armor,but similar.

Anyways after i accepted the fact that game was screwed,i simply did a new game at bout 22-25 hours with the thieves guild as the main quest and NOT LOCKPICKING into Honningbrew Meadery(hence the first game porked) and after that got my platinum,you can redo a new one if needed,if your not near the plat yet,finish out the game ,than restart with thieves being the main,take a break from it if need be,hope you get it,but i agree,it sucks.

Also,just a heads up when you get the side quests from Delvin and Vex,u only need 5 for each city than you get the City Influence quests from Delvin, for Markharth,Solitude,Whiterun, & Windhelm,Rifton doesnt have one,so to make em faster (google this part ,cuz i dont think it affects it) just accept the job,see what town it is,if its not what you need ,cancel it,and get the same job again until you get the towns you need.

It really doesnt take to long ,just get a mission from each every time in/out of the thieves guild in Rifton.

Lvl 7 - Gold

uhuh, Gotta hate those Vex and Delvin quests, that's gonna be a bitch.
    Also my companions questline bugged itself, my questtarget was'already dead, though I might be able to save it somewhere there.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 5 - Silver

the Companions questline?

yea hopefully.damn,..well new game (with 2 parts maybye?)

I was determined for my plat when i knew one quest screwed me out of it, dont know if my same determimation would have been there with 2 screwed quests where they were needed for the plat...probably......i woulda been pissed for real.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    I believe I sold one of the Thieves guild armour pieces, but not all of it. Am I still safe?
    So where can I buy it back? I don't know where I go to buy it back and I sold everything.
    If you did not sell the whole Thief armor set, but at least have ONE piece, that you are still safe for now. Exchange it with Tonilia, and you will be fine for the rest of the Thieves Guild quest line. But you said you sold only one Thief armor piece, but now you sold everything? Strange! Either way, let me know if you still have one of the Thief armor pieces lying around in your chest storage or something. ^^ I also replied to your query on your profile.

PRO Member

If you did not sell the whole Thief armor set, but at least have ONE piece, that you are still safe for now. Exchange it with Tonilia, and you will be fine for the rest of the Thieves Guild quest line. But you said you sold only one Thief armor piece, but now you sold everything? Strange! Either way, let me know if you still have one of the Thief armor pieces lying around in your chest storage or something. ^^ I also replied to your query on your profile.
    As it turns out I think I dropped the armour somewhere in Skyrim since I didn't have any free space (weight), and then I sold the one piece. I seriously have no idea where it is now, and I think it's gone for good.

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    Anyways after i accepted the fact that game was screwed,i simply did a new game at bout 22-25 hours with the thieves guild as the main quest and NOT LOCKPICKING into Honningbrew Meadery(hence the first game porked) and after that got my platinum,you can redo a new one if needed,if your not near the plat yet,finish out the game ,than restart with thieves being the main,take a break from it if need be,hope you get it,but i agree,it sucks.

Also,just a heads up when you get the side quests from Delvin and Vex,u only need 5 for each city than you get the City Influence quests from Delvin, for Markharth,Solitude,Whiterun, & Windhelm,Rifton doesnt have one,so to make em faster (google this part ,cuz i dont think it affects it) just accept the job,see what town it is,if its not what you need ,cancel it,and get the same job again until you get the towns you need.

It really doesnt take to long ,just get a mission from each every time in/out of the thieves guild in Rifton.
    I basically did this.

Started up a second game just to focus (mostly) on Thieves' Guild quests. Just got the earlier this evening.

It took only about 25 hours or so to do it. Not so bad.

Now I'll go back to my main character and mess around doing random crap until Bethesda starts releasing some DLC/expansions.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

As it turns out I think I dropped the armour somewhere in Skyrim since I didn't have any free space (weight), and then I sold the one piece. I seriously have no idea where it is now, and I think it's gone for good.
    Ah, I see..... did you drop the armor in the safety of your home chest or somewhere else? Either way, yeah, it is going to be really hard to remember where you dropped it off at if not at your home, but do not give up just because of this. How is your progress in Skyrim going so far? =3

PRO Member

Ah, I see..... did you drop the armor in the safety of your home chest or somewhere else? Either way, yeah, it is going to be really hard to remember where you dropped it off at if not at your home, but do not give up just because of this. How is your progress in Skyrim going so far? =3
    Pretty well....I'm still not sure which quests I should do first as there are so many of 'em. I just wander a lot.

Get bent...

Sometimes stuff you drop will stay where you left it for a long (indefinite?) time.

I dropped a bunch of Iron Arrows on the steps of Dragonsreach in Whiterun and they were still there almost 20 in-game days later.

With that being said...if you can remember where you dropped your Thieves' Guild armor at, it may still be there. No guarantees though.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 6 - Silver

Ok, I'm officially stuck, in my drive for plat ...

GLITCHED TROPHY: One with the Shadows

Problem: I've completed all 4 of the required special jobs, and the #@$% trophy didn't unlock. I tried continuing to do more of the same jobs (in the distant hope that re-tripping the same logic would re-trigger the related code), and my count is now up to 62, and still nadda.

Tips ?
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

Help appreciated. (see prior post)

Anyone ?

I'd rather not have to spawn a separate thread.
    Amazon Reviewer

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast