Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bugs/Glitches that will stop you from the platinum.

This is a discussion on Bugs/Glitches that will stop you from the platinum. within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Originally Posted by ISI-Society Help appreciated. (see prior post) Anyone ? I'd rather not have to spawn a separate thread. ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    Help appreciated. (see prior post)

Anyone ?

I'd rather not have to spawn a separate thread.
    Not sure, that one took quite a while for me. This thread help? http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/el...e-shadows.html

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Ok, I'm officially stuck, in my drive for plat ...

GLITCHED TROPHY: One with the Shadows

Problem: I've completed all 4 of the required special jobs, and the #@$% trophy didn't unlock. I tried continuing to do more of the same jobs (in the distant hope that re-tripping the same logic would re-trigger the related code), and my count is now up to 62, and still nadda.

Tips ?
    Did you go back to the Thieves Guild and talk to Brynjolf? After completing all 4 of the special quests, he will lead you to the center of the cistern where all members of the guild are gathered around. Then, after the ceremony and talking to Tonilia for your Guildmaster armor set, the trophy should pop. Or did you do all this already? If so, then I have no idea why the trophy will not pop for you. =\
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Did you go back to the Thieves Guild and talk to Brynjolf? After completing all 4 of the special quests, he will lead you to the center of the cistern where all members of the guild are gathered around. Then, after the ceremony and talking to Tonilia for your Guildmaster armor set, the trophy should pop. Or did you do all this already? If so, then I have no idea why the trophy will not pop for you. =\
    The game gave me no indication I was supposed to see Brynjolf ... I'll try that. Thanks for the tip. Hopefully it will work.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 4 - Silver

maybe they should change their name to Bugthesda.

Lvl 6 - Silver

NO DICE.

I've long since completed all 4 special missions, but neither the events you describe, nor the trophy, occur. Gee, you'd think if the game was able to list all 4 missions in your quest record as complete that it could also pop the trophy that's associated ... but oh no, that's apparently expecting far too much of their programming and playtesting abilities, to either prevent proactively, or fix retroactively. Anyway, as a result, it looks like my platinum is dead in the water ... and I havent even started in on listing the ever growing list of other broken quests clogging up by active quest list. Why am I not surprised to be every bit as screwed after several hundred hours of play as I was in Oblivion ?

Thank you once again, Bugthesda, for your oh so thorough testing across all platforms.

I will never again buy a Bethesda product, until I am absolutely SURE they have done a proper job of testing, and even then not until it has been independantly verified by multiple trustworthy sources ... and possibly not even then.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 12-17-2011 at 09:52 AM.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 1 - Bronze

so if I have 14 artifacts, and glitchfest V ... glitched me out of 15, can I just start a new character and get one and that will count?

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

If you want, you can start a second playthrough and speed run through only the Thieves Guild quest line, playing on Novice difficulty, like me. Just craft a decent set of armor and weapons, and you are good to go; it took me about 10+ hours in total for that speed run. I have never heard of this bug of yours before, and how it could have happened. Strange! Either way, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by gebu19 View Post
    so if I have 14 artifacts, and glitchfest V ... glitched me out of 15, can I just start a new character and get one and that will count?
    I do not think that will work. You have to get all 15 Daedric artifacts in one playthrough. But if you are missing one, have you done the Lit by Moonlight quest (the werewolf daedric quest)? If not yet, then you can glitch it to get 2 Daedric artifacts instead of just one. Hope that helps! =3

Lvl 6 - Silver

If you want, you can start a second playthrough and speed run through only the Thieves Guild quest line, playing on Novice difficulty, like me. Just craft a decent set of armor and weapons, and you are good to go; it took me about 10+ hours in total for that speed run. I have never heard of this bug of yours before, and how it could have happened. Strange! Either way, good luck.
    I'll probably have to do that, because I just finished Hail Sithis, so the only thing left is the Civil War stuff, and then the bounties in multiple cities stuff.

EDIT: Ugh ... trying to do Master Criminal trophy, and laggage and game crashing has become so ferocious I'm considering walking away from the game, and plat. This is flat out ridiculous, and it's EXACTLY what happened to me in Oblivion too.

RE-EDIT: Had to endure another crash, but I finally managed to get it ... very annoying.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 12-18-2011 at 07:56 PM.
    Amazon Reviewer

PRO Member

I just experienced my first questline glitch/bug. I finished Battle for Whiterun, and started Libertation of Skyrim. First objective is to report success in Whiterun back to Ulfric. Well, the dialogue option won't appear. I've tried about 20 times doing things differently. I'm hoping it fixes itself after I complete some other quests, but not counting on it. I'm pretty pissed off.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    I just experienced my first questline glitch/bug. I finished Battle for Whiterun, and started Libertation of Skyrim. First objective is to report success in Whiterun back to Ulfric. Well, the dialogue option won't appear. I've tried about 20 times doing things differently. I'm hoping it fixes itself after I complete some other quests, but not counting on it. I'm pretty pissed off.
    It is fairly known that if you do not complete the Civil War quest line until much later in the main story line, there will come a time when some main story dialogues interfere with the Civil War dialogues (like with Ulfric, which is a pivotal character later in the story), and thus you cannot even complete either the main story or the Civil War quest line this way. A nasty bug, yes.

PRO Member

It is fairly known that if you do not complete the Civil War quest line until much later in the main story line, there will come a time when some main story dialogues interfere with the Civil War dialogues (like with Ulfric, which is a pivotal character later in the story), and thus you cannot even complete either the main story or the Civil War quest line this way. A nasty bug, yes.
    I've been avoiding reading spoilers, so I wouldn't know. But actually I'm not very far in the main story... I'm on Diplomatic Immunity which is not even half way through the main quest if I'm not mistaken. I did read about the bugs with a main mission and civil war mission can interfere with each other, but I don't think that is the case here.

Edit: I just got back to the game and completed Blood on the Ice (another damn buggy quest)... re-did Battle for Whiterun... and it fixed. Not sure if that was holding up the dialogue with Ulfric or what. But I'm happy again.
    Last edited by MatCauthon; 12-18-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I had the same problem with sam not sending me but continued and a couple days later i saved and bam it sent me to the debela sanctuary. Also I went through the next steps talking to the farmer that was next in that R town south of morothal. Then talking to the girl in whiterun about the ring, told her just need to get to weding. She gave me the info for the fort I went and was laggin so bad but went on finished in mysty grove or what not. Well my game lagged bout ten minutes later and my save was in the entrance of the fort. I finally decided to update because the lags. I noticed not so much lag I'm level69 so hittin 29mb per save on ps3. The update caused sam not to be in the myswtic cave just the white arrow guiding me to where he was supposed to be. So a few attemps to reload save even reload then leave and do other quests then return all came to the same end no sam the daedra in cave. so erased patch reloaded bang sams back f*** off to bethesda their patch ruined their game!!!! so if u need to do this u need no patch. do not delete patch then try to load saved game because any save after patch will inform you of the need for the patch to load that game so i hear. but can always reload patch i guess. Game works fine for me after erasing patch other than terrible lag that causes me to lose gameplay now and again.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I may have found a problem with the "A Daedra's Best Friend" quest. At the end of the quest you can either keep the axe that you fetched or you can return it to Clavicus Vile and receive Masque of Clavicus Vile instead. I kept the axe. In the strategy guide the axe is not listed as one of the Daedric artifacts. I have completed all of the other Daedric quests and have not received the Trophy for the artifacts. I don't know if it's a glitch or just poor decision making on my part.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by CplCupcake View Post
    I may have found a problem with the "A Daedra's Best Friend" quest. At the end of the quest you can either keep the axe that you fetched or you can return it to Clavicus Vile and receive Masque of Clavicus Vile instead. I kept the axe. In the strategy guide the axe is not listed as one of the Daedric artifacts. I have completed all of the other Daedric quests and have not received the Trophy for the artifacts. I don't know if it's a glitch or just poor decision making on my part.
    It is not a glitch. Yes, the Rueful Axe is NOT considered a Daedric Artifact, but the Masque of Clavicus Vile is. So it seems it was just poor decision-making on your part; remember when the dog told you not to listen to Clavicus Vile, before the quest started, but to trust in him (the dog) instead?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It is not a glitch. Yes, the Rueful Axe is NOT considered a Daedric Artifact, but the Masque of Clavicus Vile is. So it seems it was just poor decision-making on your part; remember when the dog told you not to listen to Clavicus Vile, before the quest started, but to trust in him (the dog) instead?
    I figured I should always side with the Daedra. In that case let it be a warning to others then.

Lvl 6 - Silver

COCOASG: when you did your plat, did you side with the Stormcloaks or the Imperium ?

I tried siding with the Imperium today, but after saving Whiterun I soon ran face first into yet another quest bug. In this instance, when I get to the Battle for Fort Greenwall, either I can't get the defenders to spawn, or if I force them to spawn by prediscovering them prior to quest acquisition and then escaping without killing them, then I cant get the Legate to initiate the quest in order get story credit for the subsequent battle ... and if I skip the legate and just fight them, the quest doesnt start on it's own, so it seems like a total lockout from all angles.

I'm so frustrated I'm considering regressing a full 10 save slots and re-siding with the Storm Cloaks, just to see if I can complete the civil way storyline that way ... assuming (perhaps too optimistically) that my inventory of saves still reach back that far. If not, I may be FUBAR'd.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 12-22-2011 at 09:44 PM.
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

^bump^
    ^bump^
    Amazon Reviewer

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

COCOASG: when you did your plat, did you side with the Stormcloaks or the Imperium ?

I tried siding with the Imperium today, but after saving Whiterun I soon ran face first into yet another quest bug. In this instance, when I get to the Battle for Fort Greenwall, either I can't get the defenders to spawn, or if I force them to spawn by prediscovering them prior to quest acquisition and then escaping without killing them, then I cant get the Legate to initiate the quest in order get story credit for the subsequent battle ... and if I skip the legate and just fight them, the quest doesnt start on it's own, so it seems like a total lockout from all angles.

I'm so frustrated I'm considering regressing a full 10 save slots and re-siding with the Storm Cloaks, just to see if I can complete the civil way storyline that way ... assuming (perhaps too optimistically) that my inventory of saves still reach back that far. If not, I may be FUBAR'd.
    I sided with the Imperials for my platinum. Though, I left the main story line until much later in the game and just finished up the Civil War quest line and the other trophies before continuing on with Diplomatic Immunity. I never explored any cave or dungeon or fortress without a quest telling me to. So that way, I was able to finish the Civil War quest line without any glitches. I do not know how your quest bug came to be, or maybe you cleared the fortress accidentally before starting that Civil War quest?

Lvl 6 - Silver

I sided with the Imperials for my platinum. Though, I left the main story line until much later in the game and just finished up the Civil War quest line and the other trophies before continuing on with Diplomatic Immunity. I never explored any cave or dungeon or fortress without a quest telling me to. So that way, I was able to finish the Civil War quest line without any glitches. I do not know how your quest bug came to be, or maybe you cleared the fortress accidentally before starting that Civil War quest?
    Yes, unfortunately I'd discovered and cleared the fort long before initiating the civil war storyline (which I'd saved until I was nearly done with the entire game, because of it's widely reported bugginess). Early on in my initial playthrough, I'd made a point of laying down a grid of self-explored locations evenly spaced across the entire realm, to serve as a map of convenient starting points for subsequent fast travel ... the game goes out of its way to bill itself as an open world and encourages such exploration, but unfortunately due to Bethesda's SLOPPY programming and dreadfully incomplete self-testing, such exploration clearly results in numerous quest breakages later in the game.

Anyway, I'm trying what I said earlier, and regressed a full 10 hours of playtime to try the Stormcloak angle ... but I'm guessing I'll probably run into the same problem, and may have to do the while civil war storyline on a separate playthrough with a different character. Frustrating to invest several hundred hours into a character, only to be locked out of completing numerous quests and trophies due to gobsmackingly inept coding blunders.
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

Anyway, I'm trying what I said earlier, and regressed a full 10 hours of playtime to try the Stormcloak angle ... but I'm guessing I'll probably run into the same problem, and may have to do the while civil war storyline on a separate playthrough with a different character. Frustrating to invest several hundred hours into a character, only to be locked out of completing numerous quests and trophies due to gobsmackingly inept coding blunders.
    UPDATE: No dice. After regressing 10 hours and switching sides from the Imperium to the Stormcloaks, and then refighting my way back to roughly the same point in the civil war quest line, I ran into exactly the same problem at Fort Snowhawk than I encountered with Fort Greenwall - if you prediscover and clear the fort during freeroam before initiating the civil war quest line, the quest is fuxxored and cannot be completed because the developers were too rushed and/or scatterbrained to code a reset of the defenders just prior to the relevant quest battles.

Looks like I'll have to do a 2nd partial playthough, from scratch with a new character, just to get the trophies for that. Annoying waste of time, IMNSHO.
    Amazon Reviewer

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast