Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bugs/Glitches that will stop you from the platinum.

This is a discussion on Bugs/Glitches that will stop you from the platinum. within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Originally Posted by ISI-Society UPDATE: No dice. After regressing 10 hours and switching sides from the Imperium to the Stormcloaks, ...

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    UPDATE: No dice. After regressing 10 hours and switching sides from the Imperium to the Stormcloaks, and then refighting my way back to roughly the same point in the civil war quest line, I ran into exactly the same problem at Fort Snowhawk than I encountered with Fort Greenwall - if you prediscover and clear the fort during freeroam before initiating the civil war quest line, the quest is fuxxored and cannot be completed because the developers were too rushed and/or scatterbrained to code a reset of the defenders just prior to the relevant quest battles.

Looks like I'll have to do a 2nd partial playthough, from scratch with a new character, just to get the trophies for that. Annoying waste of time, IMNSHO.
    Hmm, I see. At least, you will be able to cover the other missed trophies as well in your second playthrough, the Thieves Guild ones, correct? Either way, good luck, but do not get too frustrated! =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Chuck Norris Approved.

Only bug or glitch I've ran into was a dumbass glitch "my fault" I killed the priest bound in camp for the daedric guest for the abadoned house. Luck enough you can get a two for one in a later quest. Meaning knock on word I've really been lucky with the game not giving me issuse's.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

I managed to get past 2 annoying bugs in order to finish the "Darkness Returns" quest/trophy. The first bug was the door to the Twilight Sepulchre not opening, and having to windsprint through a gap in the scenery (using 1 bug against another), and the other was the "Listen to Nocturnal" cue not advancing after the latter departs (workaround: use the wait command repeatedly).

That leaves me with just the two doubly-glitched civil war trophies, the glitched one with the shadows trophy, and platinum. That means doing a partial second playthough, or crossing my fingers that the next patch (1.4) will fix the glitches sabotaging my platinum.

Currently 58th level.
    ΦBK — Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

Oh Man, I do *NOT* want to have to create a 2nd character, just to chase 3 bugged trophies ... I've already invested myself heavily into the one I'm already playing.

Then again, one of the things I dislike about Skyrim is that in order to plat in a single playthough, you're forced to do highly immoral/questionable things at times, which really throws a monkey wrench into the face of those who prefer to stay true to a 'good' alignment, like I normally tend to. For example, I really resented having to murder and eat an innocent person for the Oblivion Walker trophy, I didn't appreciate being bullied into lycanthropy during the companions questline without being fully informed of all the consequences, etc ad nauseum. At least in a 2nd partial playthough, I'll be able to avoid the worst of the enforced ethical hipocracy.
    ΦBK — Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Did you go back to the Thieves Guild and talk to Brynjolf? After completing all 4 of the special quests, he will lead you to the center of the cistern where all members of the guild are gathered around. Then, after the ceremony and talking to Tonilia for your Guildmaster armor set, the trophy should pop. Or did you do all this already? If so, then I have no idea why the trophy will not pop for you. =\
    BELATED UPDATE: I believe I *FINALLY* found the problem ... after completing the 4 special missions, it looks like the "Under New Management" quest (which unlocks the "One with the Shadows" trophy) will NOT initiate unless/until the "Darkness Returns" trophy has been completed. In other words, you MUST return the Skeleton Key to Nocturnal before you can become Guild Master. In 20:20 hindsight, it makes sense.

Let me confirm, and then after doing so I'll PM a suggestion to DaveyHasselhoff to clarify the trophy guide accordingly.
    Amazon Reviewer

Player Hater

Then again, one of the things I dislike about Skyrim is that in order to plat in a single playthough, you're forced to do highly immoral/questionable things at times, which really throws a monkey wrench into the face of those who prefer to stay true to a 'good' alignment, like I normally tend to.
    I think that's the entire reason they put trophies like this in the game... to encourage more than one playthrough. I understand the complaint, but if you want to perform 'unusually inconsistent' actions with your character just in order to plat in one playthrough, that's on you. I'm sure the developers would prefer you play it differently.

Chuck Norris Approved.

I don't know about yoy but I sure as hell don't have the time to play a game like skyrim more then once. Already looking at many many hour's for a one play thru plat.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    I think that's the entire reason they put trophies like this in the game... to encourage more than one playthrough. I understand the complaint, but if you want to perform 'unusually inconsistent' actions with your character just in order to plat in one playthrough, that's on you. I'm sure the developers would prefer you play it differently.
    Fucious Kahn say "Only foo wun sam marafon twiz for zingel priz".
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

BELATED UPDATE: I believe I *FINALLY* found the problem ... after completing the 4 special missions, it looks like the "Under New Management" quest (which unlocks the "One with the Shadows" trophy) will NOT initiate unless/until the "Darkness Returns" trophy has been completed. In other words, you MUST return the Skeleton Key to Nocturnal before you can become Guild Master. In 20:20 hindsight, it makes sense.

Let me confirm, and then after doing so I'll PM a suggestion to DaveyHasselhoff to clarify the trophy guide accordingly.
    Confirmed.

Unfortunately, Hasselhoff's PM inbox appears to be full, so I can't pass this along to him ... unless he notices on his own while threadsurfing. If someone could nudge him, that'd be great.
    Amazon Reviewer

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Confirmed.

Unfortunately, Hasselhoff's PM inbox appears to be full, so I can't pass this along to him ... unless he notices on his own while threadsurfing. If someone could nudge him, that'd be great.
    I see. I am glad it finally worked out for you. At least, you will not have to go through all this repetition of the Thieves Guild quest line again.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Finally platted.

Thanks to all for the help received on various bugs.
    Amazon Reviewer

Chuck Norris Approved.

Congrat's bud.

PRO Member

This might sound a bit daft but has anyone checked The Elder Scrolls Wiki to see if there is a known issue/work around for most of the issues encountered?

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by [FnG] Unholy Eve View Post
    This might sound a bit daft but has anyone checked The Elder Scrolls Wiki to see if there is a known issue/work around for most of the issues encountered?
    Yep, I am aware of that; I often checked the wiki while I was playing for my Skyrim platinum. Some users here though may have missed out on it, and this thread covers only the very important bugs and glitches that are actually platinum-stopping. =3

Oh, and congrats, ISL Society!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I guess I should be happy I haven't run into any game-breaking or plat-sabotaging bugs/glitches yet. A few annoying things have happened here and there (like, I totally gypped that Lucco fellow or whatever out of Frost, but can't seem to find the damn horse anywhere now...), but on the whole, the only thing bugging me is the lag I've started running into lately and the random crashing. I consider myself lucky so far.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I don't know if you guys are still having problems with the armor exchange but I figured out a solution on the ps3. If you check in the training room in the Ragged Flagon Cistern, there are 3 pieces of the theives guild armor, the hood on a table with a lantern, the cuirass on top of a cupboard, and the boots in a corner. Hope this helps.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by P1ro View Post
    I don't know if you guys are still having problems with the armor exchange but I figured out a solution on the ps3. If you check in the training room in the Ragged Flagon Cistern, there are 3 pieces of the theives guild armor, the hood on a table with a lantern, the cuirass on top of a cupboard, and the boots in a corner. Hope this helps.
    Oh my, that is quite a find! Thanks for the heads-up, and even though the latest patch has already fixed this glitch, I will still put this in the OP to let new players know just in case. =3

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ah I didn't know it had been fixed, then again I'm not much farther in the theives guild than when the exchange is initiated, I just wanted my fence back lol.

Vive La Révelation!

I feel like I’m walking on eggshells play SKYRIM… seems like any second I’ll run into one of those infamous snarling beasts called a “Glitch” one that ends my current progress indefinitely.. And so close to 100,000 gold. Urghhh… I admit, I’m terrified. It’s a good thing SKYRIM is the second most addicting game I’ve ever put my hands on.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Vive La Révelation!

I feel like I’m walking on eggshells play SKYRIM… seems like any second I’ll run into one of those infamous snarling beasts called a “Glitch” one that ends my current progress indefinitely.. And so close to 100,000 gold. Urghhh… I admit, I’m terrified. It’s a good thing SKYRIM is the second most addicting game I’ve ever put my hands on.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast