Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bugs/Glitches that will stop you from the platinum.

This is a discussion on Bugs/Glitches that will stop you from the platinum. within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; So far, those bugs/glitches that I will be going into detail below can stop you from getting the platinum on ...

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Bugs/Glitches that will stop you from the platinum.

So far, those bugs/glitches that I will be going into detail below can stop you from getting the platinum on your first playthrough. So do watch out for them and you will be fine! =3 Words in orange are trophies affected.

1) One with the Shadows - Shortly after joining the Thieves Guild, you will receive a full set of Thief armor from Tonilia. NEVER, NEVER, EVER sell this Thief armor set but instead stash them safely in your house chest or any other storage chest. Later in the Thieves Guild questline, Tonilia will ask for a piece of the Thief armor set to exchange so that she can upgrade it. If you sell the whole armor set, you will not be able to exchange any piece with Tonilia and she will be stuck with the same dialogue, asking you for a Thief armor piece to exchange. Then, at the end of the Thieves Guild questline, in Under New Management, you will not be able to complete that final quest since you have to talk to Tonilia to get your Guildmaster armor set, but as you may have guessed already, she is still stuck in the former dialogue, and you will not get this trophy!

Quote Originally Posted by P1ro View Post
    I don't know if you guys are still having problems with the armor exchange but I figured out a solution on the ps3. If you check in the training room in the Ragged Flagon Cistern, there are 3 pieces of the theives guild armor, the hood on a table with a lantern, the cuirass on top of a cupboard, and the boots in a corner. Hope this helps.

2) Oblivion Walker - Two known glitches occur with the "A Night to Remember" and "House of Horrors" quests. In "A Night to Remember", sometimes, after drinking with the starting quest-giver, there is no blackout and you do not get teleported to the temple in Markarth at all. Talking to him again after that will no longer start the quest. Reloading a save before this is recommended. As for "House of Horrors", after initially accepting the quest from Vigilant in Markarth, you MUST follow him into the house at least. Do not stray off and just continue the game and plan to come back later, like me. After some time, he will be inside the house forever and you will no longer be able to enter it since the door is no longer unlocked, thus locking you out of the quest and the Oblivion Walker trophy.

EDIT: Apparently, the "Walking Nightmare" quest for Oblivion Walker is also sometimes bugged. Please refer to this thread for more details - http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/el...-glitch-f.html

3) Darkness Returns - The second of the three Thieves Guild trophies, followed by "One with the Shadows". Some people have reported that the "Dampened Spirits" quest sometimes does not start at all, after finishing the previous "Loud and Clear" quest and talking to Brynjolf. Reloading a save before the end of the "Loud and Clear" quest is recommended to make sure this bug does not happen again.

EDIT: The solution to this is as follows - "If the player breaks into Honningbrew Meadery before being given the quest, the quest is never offered to the player after the completion of Loud and Clear." - As given by a Skyrim wiki. It is also a MUST to speak to Maven Black-Briar shortly after "Dampened Spirits" starts, otherwise, the quest will bug out and she will not continue the quest anymore.

*** The first two, excluding "A Night to Remember", were the glitches that forced me to make a second game and speedrun through it to get both trophies. Just make sure not to repeat the mistakes I made, and you will be fine! Good luck. =3

*** Please also refer to my other Skyrim thread on how you can max out Smithing and Enchanting very early in the game, here: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/el...ly-profit.html
    Last edited by cocoasg; 02-24-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 4 - Silver

i can possibly see the first instance happening with you selling the Thieves Guild armor...but the 2nd instance did not occur for me. When I was told by the one guy to enter the House of Horrors, I simply continued on with my game and did this quest at a later time and still got the Mace of Molag Bal.

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Lvl 5 - Silver

I've already sold my thief armor so i guess im out of luck. Guess i'll just play through it again, no big deal imo. kind of want a different character to try going a different route.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thanks for the info, was just about to sell my thief guild armor for some extra cash.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by TingTingPanda View Post
    i can possibly see the first instance happening with you selling the Thieves Guild armor...but the 2nd instance did not occur for me. When I was told by the one guy to enter the House of Horrors, I simply continued on with my game and did this quest at a later time and still got the Mace of Molag Bal.
    I see. I cannot remember whether I really did accept the "House of Horrors" quest but if I did, Vigilant was nowhere to be found in Markarth when I came back after reaching higher levels in the 40-50 range. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Hyro View Post
    I've already sold my thief armor so i guess im out of luck. Guess i'll just play through it again, no big deal imo. kind of want a different character to try going a different route.
    Sorry to hear that, I had to go through the same experience too having to play through the entire Thieves Guild quest line again. But if you are determined enough, it will finish sooner than you expect. Have fun! =3

Quote Originally Posted by HelldragonSK View Post
    Thanks for the info, was just about to sell my thief guild armor for some extra cash.
    You are welcome! Glad to hear that, trust me, it can get REALLY TEDIOUS having to repeat all those thief side-jobs just to unlock the 4 main quests for the main cities in order to get the final quest. At least, I suffered for your sake.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have to resort to expoliting the Hircine ring/Savior's Hide artifact since "A night to remember" glitched out on me hopefully the patch fixes it

Click me for SKYRIM!
    / Personal Avatar by kid420247

Sigs feat: Bladia | djunglist | In2| Fox | Wadefan1
    Athena's Giftage!

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    I have to resort to expoliting the Hircine ring/Savior's Hide artifact since "A night to remember" glitched out on me hopefully the patch fixes it
    Please do let me know how it goes, whether the trophy unlocks for you after getting both of those two artifacts together. Just make sure to do this before any future patches, in case one actually fixes this.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well I sold my thief's armor. Does anyone know if you can by any chance get a replacement?

Get bent...

Yeah, I'm, screwed on the Thieves Guild one too.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by NFLPackersROOL View Post
    Well I sold my thief's armor. Does anyone know if you can by any chance get a replacement?
    Wait can't you just buy it back from whoever you sold it to? Or do they only keep it for a day for buyback.

RPG Master

I believe Bethseda will try and fix this in the patch by making the Thieves Guild main fence will sell the basic thieves armor to members, fixing this problem. This is how I would fix this problem.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I sold the thieves guild armor as well, but i was still able to become the guild master. maybe i got lucky

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by NFLPackersROOL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HelldragonSK View Post
    Wait can't you just buy it back from whoever you sold it to? Or do they only keep it for a day for buyback.
    Once you sell your Thief armor set, you can still buy them back from the merchant whom you sold them to, but only for a day or so! Any longer than that, and the merchant's inventory resets. As far as I know, there is no replacement nor any other method of obtaining this specific Thief armor set, except from Tonilia during the Thieves Guild quest line.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by hellhound403 View Post
    I sold the thieves guild armor as well, but i was still able to become the guild master. maybe i got lucky
    I believe you already upgraded one of the Thieves Guild armor pieces with Tonilia BEFORE you sold off the armor set, and thus she was free to give you the Guildmaster armor set at the end of the Thieves Guild quest line. At least you are safe! =3

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Once you sell your Thief armor set, you can still buy them back from the merchant whom you sold them to, but only for a day or so! Any longer than that, and the merchant's inventory resets. As far as I know, there is no replacement nor any other method of obtaining this specific Thief armor set, except from Tonilia during the Thieves Guild quest line.
    Yea that's what I thought. When you get the thief armor she tells you not to sell it because she won't get you a new one.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Hey so i was thinking about this, would it be possible with the pickpocket perk to steal equipped items to steal the armor off another guild member?

Ok, i tried to do this because i had a few points i hadn't spent yet. It seems no one has the thief armor so doing this isn't an option.
    Last edited by Hyro; 11-27-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Immortal

1) One with the Shadows - Shortly after joining the Thieves Guild, you will receive a full set of Thief armor from Tonilia. NEVER, NEVER, EVER sell this Thief armor set but instead stash them safely in your house chest or any other storage chest. Later in the Thieves Guild questline, Tonilia will ask for a piece of the Thief armor set to exchange so that she can upgrade it. If you sell the whole armor set, you will not be able to exchange any piece with Tonilia and she will be stuck with the same dialogue, asking you for a Thief armor piece to exchange. Then, at the end of the Thieves Guild questline, in Under New Management, you will not be able to complete that final quest since you have to talk to Tonilia to get your Guildmaster armor set, but as you may have guessed already, she is still stuck in the former dialogue, and you will not get this trophy!

SHIT!

I think I still have some lockpicking bracers at Breezehome - hopefully they are from the armor set I was given.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

is the selling of the thieves guild armor confirmed to mess with finishing the quest line? i would think if they dealt with a quest then they would be unsellable and undroppable like other quest items. hopefully the patch will fix this cuz i sold my stuff a while ago. is it possible to smith the thieves guild armor by putting the same enchantments on some leather armor?

Click-Click-Kaboom

So far, those bugs/glitches that I will be going into detail below can stop you from getting the platinum on your first playthrough. So do watch out for them and you will be fine! =3 Bolded words are trophies affected.

2) Oblivion Walker - Two known glitches occur with the "A Night to Remember" and "House of Horrors" quests. In "A Night to Remember", sometimes, after drinking with the starting quest-giver, there is no blackout and you do not get teleported to the temple in Markarth at all. Talking to him again after that will no longer start the quest. Reloading a save before this is recommended. As for "House of Horrors", after initially accepting the quest from Vigilant in Markarth, you MUST follow him into the house at least. Do not stray off and just continue the game and plan to come back later, like me. After some time, he will be inside the house forever and you will no longer be able to enter it since the door is no longer unlocked, thus locking you out of the quest and the Oblivion Walker trophy.

*** Those two are the glitches that forced me to make a second game and speedrun through it to get both trophies. Just make sure not to repeat the mistakes I made, and you will be fine! Good luck. =3

*** Please also refer to my other Skyrim thread on how you can max out Smithing and Enchanting very early in the game, here: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/el...ly-profit.html
    Thanks for the info, cause the first one would have got me.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    is the selling of the thieves guild armor confirmed to mess with finishing the quest line? i would think if they dealt with a quest then they would be unsellable and undroppable like other quest items. hopefully the patch will fix this cuz i sold my stuff a while ago. is it possible to smith the thieves guild armor by putting the same enchantments on some leather armor?
    Yes, I am afraid so. I can confirm myself that selling this Thief armor set and not buying them back from the merchant in time means you will not be able to complete the final quest of the Thieves Guild quest line, as already mentioned in my OP, and thus will miss out on the final Thieves Guild trophy. The Thief armor set was unfortunately not considered 'quest' items, so they could be sold accidentally. As for smithing similar items, no, that is not possible as there is no other method of obtaining this specific Thief armor set except from Tonilia early in the Thieves Guild quest line.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast