Secret Quest - The Legend of the Red Eagle - Two Best/Rare Swords in Game?

This is a discussion on Secret Quest - The Legend of the Red Eagle - Two Best/Rare Swords in Game? within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; someone told me that these where two of the best swords in skyrim if u upgrade them to legendary can ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Secret Quest - The Legend of the Red Eagle - Two Best/Rare Swords in Game?

someone told me that these where two of the best swords in skyrim if u upgrade them to legendary can anyone confirm this? skip to 11:25 to see the swords

Nope, nothing

I kinda hope they aren't the best swords in the game, I sold them because they sucked

Lvl 6 - Silver

i dont see what would make that one of the best, even if fully upgraded? id rather ppl didnt run from me, makes it easier to slice off faces.

Platinum Dohvakiin

I don't know about the best. Because at the time I got both of them. I had two Ebony Swords I'd smith-ed up to superior and enchanted myself that were better.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

PRO Member

I'm not so sure, it doesn't look too special in my opinion. I still maintain that Mehrunes' Razor (Flawless) is one of the best weapons I've used. Lightweight, decent damage, and the chance for an instant kill (Charge never depletes either). I kill anything that moves in a few hits.

I'm not a massive fan of two handed weapons anyway. I've read that the sword remains as a quest item and I'm not sure whether you can upgrade quest items.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Lvl 1 - Bronze

You can upgrade it but as people have said it isn't the best sword in the game (neither are).

Lvl 6 - Silver

To be perfectly blunt, those blades are (IMO) merely 'very good keepers', and are not overly rare. Heck, I've got ebony swords in my overstuffed closet that I havent upgraded yet that are like 50 damage and +31 burning ... if I up them to legendary (the smithing tree is perhaps one of the most potent in the game), that'd probably push them (at my current skill levels) to like 86 damage +31 burning - and I'm not even maxed out yet on my one-handed skill/perks yet (currently 80ish).

Weapon damage is an ever-changing variable in this game, because even for a specific weapon it changes all the time based on what your current skill levels are, what perks you have, what magic jewelry bling you're wearing, what spells you have up, what blessings are in effect, etc.

Personally, I've taken a shine to Chillrend and the Nightinggale sword since mid-game, but as soon as I get the dual-effects enchanting perk (skill 100), those will both get ditched in favor of a legendary daedric set of my own creation, each with max dual enchantments, and constantly recharged by the star of azura.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 11-28-2011 at 10:49 PM.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

BTW, another thing to keep in mind when deciding what's a keeper and what isnt is how many charges it holds. For example, not all swords that are say 30 damage and +15 fire are the same ... one might have been enchanted to have only say 5 charges, and the other might be a daedric artifact that holds 50+ charges, or infinite charges. The only way to tell is to use them and see how much the charge meter goes down with each few uses. Obviously, all things being equal, the item with the same output but a greater charge reservoir, wins hands down.

Chillrend, which I mentioned earlier, holds a LOT of charges (as does Dawnbringer, a Daedric artifact sword), and also has a secondary effect of temporary paralysis, which makes it even more potent than it's stats make it seem at first glance. Even with regular use, I only rarely need to recharge it ... but when it needs to be recharged, it takes a lot of souls to refill it. Yet another reason why pairing it with the Star of Azura is handy indeed.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer