Yet another Platinum preventing Glitch >:F

This is a discussion on Yet another Platinum preventing Glitch >:F within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Maybe it's just me, but with all the glitches and game issues that surround this game I just can't see ...

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Yet another Platinum preventing Glitch >:F

Maybe it's just me, but with all the glitches and game issues that surround this game I just can't see what all the praise is about for this game. If you search onlline you can find an assload of glitches for this game. I know everyone says that Bethesda is fixing the problems with a patch but how does a game with this many glitches get released int he first place? I feel the most sorry for those that paid all that money for the pack with the Dragon statue just to get a game of this quality. Yet for some reason we make excuses for the game and the developer. If a car company released cars with this many glitches they would be bashed to eternity no matter how pretty the car looked.

And for all those that think a patch will clean up the lag...you can forget about it. That same lag has been with us for Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. Everyone on the planet that has played either of those knows about it and even with all their patches and this being their third game with this style it still isn't fixed so if you think all the sudden they are going to have a magical patch to fix it you should really have your girlfriend, wife, mom, boyfriend...etc slap some sense into you...Anyway on to my glitch

Walking Nightmare Quest I was so happy to find my first Daedric Mission. Took time to look up what to do just so I wouldnt fuck it upa s I know some of these are Glitched. You will be asked to follow Eralund up to the Temple and outside the Temple before talking to him again make sure you save. Now when you talk to him again he will tell you whats inside. As soon as he's done try to get through the front door before him
    If you don't, he may just disappear into the temple somewhere and once you enter the door he won't be ther and there will be no way to move forward. This is not a main story line quest, but this is a quest for a tropjhy for Platinum...Don't let your playthrough get ruined like mine did

Lvl 9 - Gold

this is why the game should have a beta just like cod should that why cod has alot of stuff wrong at launch

Kiwi Defender

Well, first, it's actually the fourth game of this generation (you forgot Oblvion). Second, every Elder Scrolls has glitches thanks to Bethesda's stubborness of having gigantic maps, which leads to many glitches/bugs.

And finally, for the sake of everyone who opens this thread, just check this link for any glitch/bug in The Elder Bug: Sky's Glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    this is why the game should have a beta just like cod should that why cod has alot of stuff wrong at launch
    Games like this ones don't have open betas because they don't have multiplayer (which games with multiplayer have because they wouldn't find bugs/glitches otherwise), they usually have many testers during and after development. Problem with Bethesda is that they seem to never test their games and they think they can fix it all and get away with it with several patches later.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

I can add this to a thread of mine, categorizing the few bugs/glitches that will stop players from getting the platinum. If you want, you can check it out here: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/el...-platinum.html

Either way, I remember doing that quest and I entered the temple after him; the rest of the quest went fine. I guess saving often, and especially before interacting with anything of importance, like the quest-givers, is a must in such a buggy game like Skyrim. ^^
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Death is Awaiting....

[QUOTE=shadowsoldier36;85035]this is why the game should have a beta just like cod should that why cod has alot of stuff wrong at launch[/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Death is Awaiting....

[QUOTE=WeApOnS-;85045]
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    this is why the game should have a beta just like cod should that why cod has alot of stuff wrong at launch[/
    Wow i can't post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Regional Manager of War

Are there really that many plat runing glitches....if so thats not even fair

PRO Member

I've been lucky to not hit any bugs or glitches yet. Here's to hoping I don't at all.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Did you make multiple saves? It's always helpful to make about 3 or more different save files. Use 1 file for a day, the second one for the next day, and so on. I believe the game also makes multiple auto saves for whenever you enter or exit locations and another for having the menu open after certain period of time. Should you realize something strange happen, there's always back up saves from earlier time before the glitch or bug happened. That's what I do at least. A lot of times reloading save before the glitch happen fixes itself. Just be mindful that games like this is known to have bugs so be wary of strange things happening and take care of yourself.

For example you noticed the guy's missing. This is when you should look at your map (local one) to see if the objective marker is where it should be. If the NPC's missing that's an address to disaster.

my latest anime updates

Get bent...

I never had any real lag issues with Fallout 3 or Fallout: NV that would piss me off.

Occasionally, it might lag a little bit right after starting the game up or maybe after hours of playing. It wasn't predictable and it wasn't a game-breaker.

The problem with the Fallout games for me was the freezing. Sometimes, when transitioning from one area to the next, the game would freeze up and I would have to turn off the PS3 and turn it back on sometimes losing the progress I had made up to that point (unless the autosave kicked in before the freeze).

The lag problems I've experienced with Skyrim are extreme and happen after only a couple hours for me. I haven't run across any freeze-ups yet or any of the other bugs/glitches that others complain of other than the Thieve's Guild armor bug.

With that being said, I still say that the game is worth every penny I paid for it. Even if I knew about the glitches beforehand, I still would have bought the special edition anyway.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619