Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Skyrim PS3 Patch Released!

This is a discussion on Skyrim PS3 Patch Released! within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Originally Posted by platzreign If you ask me that's more human error than a programing one. Someone selling their armor ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    If you ask me that's more human error than a programing one. Someone selling their armor before the end of the questline, is more their fault than Bethesda.
    Yes it sucks that it has happened to people. But calling it a glitch is sorta unfair. When it's the players fault that they sold the armor prematurely in the first place. I mean if the armor was still in the inventory is one thing. But not being able to finish the quest line, because you sold it, is something different all together. But that's just me and my opinion.
    there should be some way to get it back, only sold it because it became obsolete after i smithed better armor and could enchant the same effects onto the new armor, it is true that its not a glitch but definitely something that bethesda overlooked by making a unique set of armor that is needed to finish a quest line but at the same time not be a quest item

Lvl 4 - Silver

i cant wait till i download this patch. does anyone know if there is a limited time availability for it on the PSN?

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Gaming since 1985!

Quote Originally Posted by TingTingPanda View Post
    i cant wait till i download this patch. does anyone know if there is a limited time availability for it on the PSN?
    As far as I know, there's never a time limit to patches. I've bought used games that are 1-2 yrs old and can still DL the patches.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    there should be some way to get it back, only sold it because it became obsolete after i smithed better armor and could enchant the same effects onto the new armor, it is true that its not a glitch but definitely something that bethesda overlooked by making a unique set of armor that is needed to finish a quest line but at the same time not be a quest item
    I will agree with the part that they should have made it a quest item. But I can see why they didn't, because then you wouldn't be able to get rid of it later.
    Now the part about getting it back. I can't agree with. Because once you sell it, it's sold. Like everything else you sell to a merchant. Bethesda shouldn't have to fix it so you can get the armor back. Because the player made a mistake. But if there is one thing I have learned in playing a Bethesda game is this. Never sell anything, until either the quest/ questline is done. Or you no for a fact that you don't need it.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 6 - Silver

I downloaded the 1.02 patch just now (92mb, as reported), and after playing for 10 mins it seems like the lag is noticeably better, but not entirely gone. It's very playable now. My save fire size dropped from 13mb to 11mb.

I'm still disappointed with the extremely SHORT list of fixes included in this patch, given the PLETHORA of bugs already reported (more than a few of which seem like they should be fairly easily fixable). Still, given Bethesda's appalling track record on such things to date, I suppose we should be thankful we got something other than nadda ... and reasonably quickly at that.

I will offer a silent prayer that this could be an encouraging sign that they've stated to turn over a new leaf, and that they'll continue to chip away in good faith at the towering "to do" list that awaits them.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've yet to download it yet, but it seems as the "A Night to Remember " glitch still isn't fixed yet at least the lag is gone (for the most part)

Click me for SKYRIM!
    / Personal Avatar by kid420247

Sigs feat: Bladia | djunglist | In2| Fox | Wadefan1
    Athena's Giftage!

Lvl 5 - Silver

well i just tried 2 saves involving the "Dampened Spirits" guest at least being posted in my Quest log, one way after "Loud & Clear"
    one , right at the completion of "Loud & Clear" but,before turning it in, neither were successful...

So,time to run through "Loud & Clear" one more time, & if that doesnt work, its new game all over for at least 1 maybe 2 thieves guild trophies if i want to PLATINUM this game, so while patch 1.02 may have fixed many other issues(hopefully) it has not fixed an issue which would allow me to get my PLATINUM on both my 190hr & my 120 hr game.I wont even begin to say how frustrated I am about this, i would have had plat last week....

a few minutes later...I just completed Loud & Clear again & nope,..ITS new game time,.... beyond frustrated.
    Anyone who reads im guessing the only thing that caused this was when i lockpicked Honningbrew Meadery, which i thought i wasnt caught,...
    Last edited by I_Nero_I; 11-28-2011 at 06:12 PM.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kupo View Post
    • Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
    That's bullshit... Dragons still don't attack me, I've come across three since the patch and each one has either continuously flew above me without any intention of landing or attacking, and others have just flew off randomly. In fact, one was just spazzing out in mid air, he was hovering above me and wouldn't move so I fired a few arrows at him, got his health down and then he decides to have a spasm attack in the sky.

I can't even remember the last time I fought a dragon and successfully extracted its soul because of this glitch.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Updating right now. So not all things are fixed huh? There's only one thing besides lag I need to be fixed.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I had over 60 hours prior to the patch without any freezing or crazy lag problems. Now since the patch it has frozen up twice within 30 minutes and at different areas.

Lvl 6 - Silver

wish they would have released the patch way sooner, instead of when im almost done with the thing . this game is fantastic, i would of loved to enjoy it in all its glory.

Bringing the PAIN

I played for hours after and it works alot better. Game breaking lag seems gone but it has smaller hicups it seems at random times. Much more workable tho so no complaints!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    I will agree with the part that they should have made it a quest item. But I can see why they didn't, because then you wouldn't be able to get rid of it later.
    Now the part about getting it back. I can't agree with. Because once you sell it, it's sold. Like everything else you sell to a merchant. Bethesda shouldn't have to fix it so you can get the armor back. Because the player made a mistake. But if there is one thing I have learned in playing a Bethesda game is this. Never sell anything, until either the quest/ questline is done. Or you no for a fact that you don't need it.
    I agree with the theory that if you get rid of the armor you shouldn't necessarily be able to get it back. Kind of a cause & effect deal there.

However, I don't think the point is that we want to be able to get the armor back, but to have Tonila give you more dialogue options when speaking to her. That way you have the option of bypassing that quest (since it's a misc. quest anyway) if you so choose as well as being able to still use her as a fence and to get your Guild Master Armor from her to finish the Thieve's Guild missions.

Unfortunately, those of us who got rid of/lost our Thieve's Guild armor are stuck not being able to finish off the the final quest and get our Guild Master Armor.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 10 - Platinum

downloaded patch and lag is definitely decreased, not that it was horrible to begin with but the game does run noticeably smoother, hopefully more patches will arrive to fix more problems

Lvl 6 - Silver

i still actually get serious lag after three hours, but its better than it was, so i wont complain.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yo lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    Seems to only be available to Europe at the moment.
    Nope Mostly a RPG gaming sorry i'm no help lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12