Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did the 1.02 patch make things better? A warning.

This is a discussion on Did the 1.02 patch make things better? A warning. within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; i saw a video of the dragons flying backwards. looked really stupid and was funny. hope they fix it soon ...

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i saw a video of the dragons flying backwards. looked really stupid and was funny. hope they fix it soon though. i want to buy this in a few months

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    GAME FREEZING (Post 1.02 patch): On my PS3, after applying the patch, my PS3 has begun randomly hard freezing roughly once per hour, and requires a manual reboot of the machine to unfreeze it. Before the patch, this was a fairly rare occurance, but since then it has become frequent, which leaves me inclined to think something in the patch may be to blame, rather than it being a problem with my console.
    This has happened to me. I have had 5 freezes post-patch vs. the 2 total I had before running almost 3 weeks.

The freezes usually happen during an auto-save situation. Leaving an interior, opening the menu to go to map, awakening from sleep in a wilderness bed.

My lag issues are certainly better after the patch and my save file size actually went down 2mb but the freezes are quite annoying as I have to force shutdown the ps3 each time and restart the game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Pepticacid View Post
    This has happened to me. I have had 5 freezes post-patch vs. the 2 total I had before running almost 3 weeks.

The freezes usually happen during an auto-save situation. Leaving an interior, opening the menu to go to map, awakening from sleep in a wilderness bed.

My lag issues are certainly better after the patch and my save file size actually went down 2mb but the freezes are quite annoying as I have to force shutdown the ps3 each time and restart the game.
    I have exactly the same issue, one or two crashes before the patch and 5 today alone, when i manually shut down on one occasion I got a message saying that the PS3 file system could be damaged and it attempted to restore it saying this could take up to 3 hours. Luckily it completed in a few minutes. First time I have come across this PS3 system message. I think i'll take a break from the game and wait for a fix in the next patch.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by D1mech View Post
    Ok guys, I bought Skyrim the other day but havent played it yet. What should I do in order to prevent the patch from installing? It seems as if this patch is more of a downgrapde than an upgrade...

Can you just decline the patch installation... or do you have to install it by force? Should I just switch off my modem in order to prevent the patch download? Thanks for any feedback.
    Yes, you can decline the latest patch installation. Either start the game offline, or reject when it asks if you want to install the patch. The only downside to this is that you will be playing the game in its original 1.00 version, without the 1.01 patch (which is okay by itself).
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Now that I have the patch installed, I can't seem to find the quest giver (Sam) for "A Night to Remember" I know he's in a random inn someplace but he never seems to show up no matter where I go I've hopped skipped and jumped though all 9 holds and can't seem to find him. Bad luck? I do have the Ring of Hircine and Savior's Hide though, as a backup I just want to do the quest

Click me for SKYRIM!
    / Personal Avatar by kid420247

Sigs feat: Bladia | djunglist | In2| Fox | Wadefan1
    Athena's Giftage!

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    Now that I have the patch installed, I can't seem to find the quest giver (Sam) for "A Night to Remember" I know he's in a random inn someplace but he never seems to show up no matter where I go I've hopped skipped and jumped though all 9 holds and can't seem to find him. Bad luck? I do have the Ring of Hircine and Savior's Hide though, as a backup I just want to do the quest
    Just do the rest of the Daedric quests, and see what happens once you collect all 15 artifacts, while having completed only 14 Daedric quests. Let me know how it goes! *waits for the trophy ping* I doubt the 1.02 patch did much of anything else to fix quest bugs for now. =3

DON'T BLINK

look for a fix to the 1.02 patch next week...

Bethesda teaching dragons to fly correctly in Skyrim's next patch | Joystiq

So, about Bethesda's latest Skyrim patch. There were, you see, some issues. Issues, like, say, dragons that flew backwards (hilarious!), and the game no longer recognizing some folks' active magic powers (significantly less hilarious!). Thanksfully, Bethesda is all over it. The publisher today announced on its blog that a patch ... for the 1.02 patch that caused these issues in the first place, will arrive on PC first at some point next week, with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 flavors to follow "later in the week."

Bethesda specifically calls out the aforementioned issues, as well as ambiguously adding that "other things" will get patched as well (no word on the VOIP issue for PS3 users, unfortunately). Patch notes will further detail the update when it arrives next week, apparently. The publisher also promises to continue updating the game in the coming months, with PC getting updates first "as that's a process we control." As always, the console patches need to go through certification with Microsoft/Sony before ending up on your box at home.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Pepticacid View Post
    Usually, but not always. Earlier today for example, I had the game freeze in mid-stride while jogging through Riften. It was not at a location cell boundary, or a doorway, or an NPC interaction point, nor had I just reloaded after dying.

As I speculated elsewhere, their dev guys need to look at their build with a logic analyzer for excessive/unexpected drive accessing and/or multiple hidden auto-saves that may be conflicting with each other.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by WJT1804 View Post
    I have exactly the same issue, one or two crashes before the patch and 5 today alone, when i manually shut down on one occasion I got a message saying that the PS3 file system could be damaged and it attempted to restore it saying this could take up to 3 hours. Luckily it completed in a few minutes. First time I have come across this PS3 system message. I think i'll take a break from the game and wait for a fix in the next patch.
    I highly recommend that anyone playing the game on the PS3 who has a thumb drive take a few minutes to periodically make a backup copy of their most recent few saves, and to repeat that process every 5-10 character levels, until these crashing issues are fixed.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 1 - Bronze

ever since the patch iv been freezing about every 10 minutes. id have to restart and continue what i was doing -_- iv quit playing for awhile because of it; hopefully it will be resolved or somehow i can un-install it?

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    ive actually not experienced any game halting problems from this new patch, in fact id say my lag issues are SLIGHTLY better, but still very much there. to be able to say that downloading this patch will ruin the game for you is a big claim
    Same here.

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

Never thought I'd be someone to say this and I'm not even exaggerating, but I've pretty much stoped playing Skyrim because of the constant freezing ever since 1.02 was released. My game will consistantly freeze every so often to the point I don't feel comfortable playing it anymore, and I don't want to indirectly damage my console/HD because of all the hard resets I've had to do. Never had a problem pre-patch at all, and now it's all gone tits up.

Being sincere when I say this, but as much as I love this game so much (I really do) I just can't help but feel conflicted as I now have a love-hate relationship with it. Reading up all of the other numerous forums and pretty much seeing all the other bugs the game has that I havent personally experianced, yet, and all the concerns people have over the PS3 port, being a total royal fuck up basically, it's starting to rub off on me. Didn't pay 40 to QA the game, just because they didn't do a thorough job themselfs. How they didn't notice the lag issues or save issues is beyond me. Seriously.

Then they make fun of the backwards dragon glitch, and insult the intelligence of us, the fanbase with making light of the issues and concerns of the public by there flat out silence on the possibility that Skyrim on the PS3 needs a serious overhaul. So we get left in the dark and they pretty much alienate the entire PS3 user base at the same time. Though, this ain't the first time, right.

I know I'm probably going over-board and blowing this out of proportion, but surely this can't be acceptable, and I can't even imagine the potential at how much damage in sales this can do and how bad this can look in the future for them when they decide to make more games like this on the next PS console. Don't think future PS owners are gona be as lenient about this or forget about it with this type of treatment for what, a 3rd/4th time now? Instead of fucking around doing a 2 hour speed run of the story, they should of been on top of this.
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'm going to see how this next patch rolls out before doing the FO:NV method. That method is me just shelving the living crap out of the game til the proper fixes are in. I might just use another toon to knock off the thieves quest guild later in the week if that isn't in. As for Dragons flying backwards yeah it was funny the first time but after that it's not funny since it kills an dragon soul into my dragon soul collection for the 20 words trophy. As for the frame rate dropping yeah it still blows. I had to shut off the game when I started to walk into Whiterun like an slide show. In the future I hope Bethesda at least fix the major trophy problems and don't insult the player base that's playing their game more say Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
    Lord Fenton
    Gaming since the days of Kings Quest 3

Working On: Dungeon Defenders and Batman:AC(PS3) and Borderlands (PC Steam) til I start round 2 of my BG:EE good guy this time.
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimFenton

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Respect View Post
    ever since the patch iv been freezing about every 10 minutes. id have to restart and continue what i was doing -_- iv quit playing for awhile because of it; hopefully it will be resolved or somehow i can un-install it?
    You can uninstall the Skyrim game data and its 1.02 patch, and then reinstall it while playing offline (I believe someone in another forum said you can install the 1.01 patch first and then reject when it asks to install the 1.02 patch).

Quote Originally Posted by Kupo View Post
    I kind of agree, but Skyrim was still a great RPG in my opinion. However, it will be my very first, and last, Bethesda game I will have bought in my life; I do not think I have much faith in their future projects, whether it be for the PS3 or PS4. If you are close to the Skyrim platinum, why don't you play it for a while longer so as to try to finish it up? You can always uninstall the game data, and then install only the 1.01 patch individually. Either way, have fun with Skyrim or any other game! =3

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    I highly recommend that anyone playing the game on the PS3 who has a thumb drive take a few minutes to periodically make a backup copy of their most recent few saves, and to repeat that process every 5-10 character levels, until these crashing issues are fixed.
    That's a good idea must do that daily!! Although its not been too bad over the weekend only one freeze in about 20 hrs gaming.

Huge Gaming Backlog

I've only started playing Skyrim a couple of days ago. I downloaded the new patch already. Last night I started getting lag problems. I heard before that people were getting the lag after about 2 hours of playing. I seem to get after quite a few hours of playing. I just save it and quit out and then restart and then have no problems. No big deal. I'm sure about the magic resistance because I've only just started playing.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Game on....

When all of the auto-save options are enabled i think its unnecessary to be honest and i read in an update by Bethesda, turning off auto-save on all options will alleviate any framerate issues to the point of the game being playable. I can confirm this because i turned off auto-save 20 hours in and im still playing now at 120+ hours. I do however start to get framerate slow down after 2 hours of play.

I have just ordered 'Assassin's Creed Revelations Special Edition' and i will shelve Skyrim once i get it. I will come back to Skyrim after i have played ACR to death and hopefully Skyrim will have been patched to perfection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12