Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did the 1.02 patch make things better? A warning.

This is a discussion on Did the 1.02 patch make things better? A warning. within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Luckily, I had completed everything in Skyrim before the 1.02 patch came out. And now, I am currently surfing the ...

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Did the 1.02 patch make things better? A warning.

Luckily, I had completed everything in Skyrim before the 1.02 patch came out. And now, I am currently surfing the official Bethesda forums to check up on responses to the 1.02 patch, but it has not been pretty.

I hereby start this thread as a warning to make you more aware of what the 1.02 patch is actually doing to your game. Please be advised that it may be better to stick to the 1.01 patch for now, unless you have already installed the 1.02 patch.

Confirmed things that have been made worse by the 1.02 patch:

- Magic resistance has totally been rendered useless.
    (Thread: Game no longer recognizes my magic resistance after patch - Bethesda Softworks Forums)
    - Some dragons fly backwards and never land, preventing you from killing them and absorbing their souls.
    - A texture downgrade.
    (Thread: There is a CHANGE in visuals. - Bethesda Softworks Forums, but still in the midst of confirmation)
    - Frame lag issues have not totally improved.

And now the full unofficial bug list, post-1.02: The <UNOFFICAL>l Bug list! (post 1.02) - Bethesda Softworks Forums

Please take my advice and do not install 1.02 just yet. Wait until Bethesda actually addresses those issues... or not. What lazy developers.

EDIT: It is totally up to you if you want to take the risk with 1.02 and install it. I just want to let you know of what you can expect with the latest patch. Just be careful.

Oh, and one more thing: They are actually not using a new engine for Skyrim, but a heavily-modified version of the same Gamebryo engine used in the past Fallout games. You know what that means, no?
    Last edited by cocoasg; 11-30-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 6 - Silver

thread was kinda started just below this one really. no need for an "unofficial this game still has issues" thread. it wasnt a miracle fix

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    thread was kinda started just below this one really. no need for an "unofficial this game still has issues" thread. it wasnt a miracle fix
    I understand, but it is better to consolidate all the known post-1.02 bugs into one thread for now. Actually, those new issues are severe enough to warrant more awareness from Skyrim players here; they do have the potential to ruin the fun and enjoyment of playing Skyrim itself, unless you have not yet installed the 1.02 patch.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    I understand, but it is better to consolidate all the known post-1.02 bugs into one thread for now. Actually, those new issues are severe enough to warrant more awareness from Skyrim players here; they do have the potential to ruin the fun and enjoyment of playing Skyrim itself, unless you have not yet installed the 1.02 patch.
    ive actually not experienced any game halting problems from this new patch, in fact id say my lag issues are SLIGHTLY better, but still very much there. to be able to say that downloading this patch will ruin the game for you is a big claim

Lvl 5 - Silver

the patch fixed the horrendous lag on a my 15mb save file game, it didnt fix a quest so i had to restart(Dampened Spirits).

But i played a good 6-8 hours on my larger file, & lag was a guarentee fix from previous play.( only random hiccups,& i mean random,like 1st 3hrs later)

Im currently completing my quest for Thieves Guild for plat & its 4 hours straight now fine.Once i have these two outta the way ,i'll reload my higher lvl guy for my final 1,000 bounty trophy.

But my example is someone who has all trophies cept 2 that in my first saved game were unattainable.

the new patch did screw up bookshelfs tho.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    ive actually not experienced any game halting problems from this new patch, in fact id say my lag issues are SLIGHTLY better, but still very much there. to be able to say that downloading this patch will ruin the game for you is a big claim
    It is entirely up to the players themselves if they want to take the risk with 1.02 and play with it. It is just good to let them know beforehand what they should expect.

BTW, please test the magic resistance and you will find yourself dying very fast when fighting enemy mages, Dragon Priests and trying to survive against dragon breaths, post-1.02. I dare say magic resistance is a very important part of Skyrim, so I do not want new players to think Skyrim is too hard because of this. =3 After all, no matter how much armor you have, with zero magic resistance, the armor rating is totally useless against enemy magic.

DON'T BLINK

I haven't had any problems, including supposed Magic Resist problems.

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    I haven't had any problems, including supposed Magic Resist problems.
    The magic resists problem is very real, and here is solid proof of it in action.

Toggle Spoiler

Now if elemental atronachs are not even immune/resistant to their elements anymore, something is seriously wrong.
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by Kupo View Post
    The magic resists problem is very real, and here is solid proof of it in action.

Toggle Spoiler

Now if elemental atronachs are not even immune/resistant to their elements anymore, something is seriously wrong.
    Never said it wasn't real, just was saying I haven't had the problems. The post above mine asked to test it, I did, and don't have any problems with it. Yes I do have the patch, PSN plus downloaded that whilst I slept.

Lvl 6 - Silver

i get destroyed by those fireball mages all the time. lol. win.

PRO Member

This is exactly why Skyrim wasn't a day one buy for me. Not to hate it's just that I knew this would happen, it happens to all games but Bethesda has that history of having it occur way to frequently...

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Bringing the PAIN

Funny thing Is I dont take nearly ANY damage from dragon breath anymore. I put up my shield and take MAYBE 10 points damage total?! Odd...

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 3 - Bronze

There's a blood dragon in the hot springs area just glitches terribly. I spotted it hover in one spot. I got close and if flies backwards, as well as darting from place to place, making it impossible to kill it. Also increase in freezing, crashes, lag, and bad resolution.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Mage resistance got so borked now I have to either duel wield rush in and hope for the best or sniper the mages from a good distance with my legendary daedric bow. The dragon flying backwards was entertaining as hell. There is some lag but less often than the previous patch. Those are my reports on this. It's still an great game otherwise.
    Lord Fenton
    Gaming since the days of Kings Quest 3

Working On: Dungeon Defenders and Batman:AC(PS3) and Borderlands (PC Steam) til I start round 2 of my BG:EE good guy this time.
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimFenton

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Lag has improved definitely but now the games is freezing when the game loads the next building or area you are entering, this never happened before the patch, it doesnt happen that often but its a bit annoying having to shut down the PS3 and reload.

Lvl 6 - Silver

GAME FREEZING (Post 1.02 patch): On my PS3, after applying the patch, my PS3 has begun randomly hard freezing roughly once per hour, and requires a manual reboot of the machine to unfreeze it. Before the patch, this was a fairly rare occurance, but since then it has become frequent, which leaves me inclined to think something in the patch may be to blame, rather than it being a problem with my console.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 3 - Bronze

While I didn't experience freezes yet, many other people reported a more frequent crashes and freezes after the patch 1.02 install. And unfortunately for my brother, that caused him to lose all of his save files. The game wouldn't even recognize the saves anymore. Turns out under the game saves folder in XMB it says all of his Skyrim save files are corrupted. 100 hours of gameplay just gone like that.

Be careful guys. Wouldn't want that happen to you.

my latest anime updates

Quartercircle Forward.

Ok guys, I bought Skyrim the other day but havent played it yet. What should I do in order to prevent the patch from installing? It seems as if this patch is more of a downgrapde than an upgrade...

Can you just decline the patch installation... or do you have to install it by force? Should I just switch off my modem in order to prevent the patch download? Thanks for any feedback.

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Never buying a Bethesda game day 1 again. I mean, I have to decide between playing it with the original patch and contend with the ever growing save file (which Im honestly worried about loosing, I have like 10 hours on it) or patch it and deal with the 20 new problems it introduces. I essentially cannot play the game I purchased 2 weeks ago. Completely unacceptable.

Honestly, the only thing Bethesda has going for it is the fact that nobody else makes these huge, sprawling first person RPG's. If we could take the essence of the Elder Scrolls (and to a lesser extent, the fallout renditions), and give it to a competent studio, everything would be better for it, I think.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I never experienced any extreme lag before the patch, but the overall framerate is still kinda crap. Also, at first the game only froze (and required a hard reset) once in about 40 hours of play. Now after the patch I've had two crashes in about 5 hours, and after the second time, all my autosaves were corrupted. So... There ya go.

I'm so conflicted about Skyrim. I mean, I absolutely love it. It's just that this plethora of issues should be UNACCEPTABLE. I don't care how "big" their game is. If they can only manage a half broken game, then Bethesda is spreading themselves too thin.

Hey, feel free to add me (Coconutz) on PSN!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast