Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PS3 Skyrim Lag Problems Unlikely to be Solved, Dev comments

This is a discussion on PS3 Skyrim Lag Problems Unlikely to be Solved, Dev comments within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; ive been holding off buying this game until a patch was released to fix these problems.looks like it may be ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

PS3 Skyrim Lag Problems Unlikely to be Solved, Dev comments

ive been holding off buying this game until a patch was released to fix these problems.looks like it may be a long wait.

http://www.gamersmint.com/ps3-skyrim...d-dev-comments

Quartercircle Forward.

If that's true, it sucks

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Lvl 4 - Silver

reading that really popped my balloon..

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

PRO Member

The only reasons why I haven't bought Skyrim are because of the major problems/bugs in the game and the indecision to wait for a GOTY edition with all DLC (if even released).

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by CurseShooter View Post
    The only reasons why I haven't bought Skyrim are because of the major problems/bugs in the game and the indecision to wait for a GOTY edition with all DLC (if even released).
    im on the same boat as you

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Did anyone actually think it would be solved? It wasn't solved on Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas....if they could have fixed it by now they would have, they aren't going to finally come up with some magical fix after all these years of lag just for this game.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    Did anyone actually think it would be solved? It wasn't solved on Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas....if they could have fixed it by now they would have, they aren't going to finally come up with some magical fix after all these years of lag just for this game.
    This. If you actually think Bethesda will ever fix a game completely, you are seriously a fanboy. Hell, not even mods could 100% fix Fallout 3 and New Vegas on the PC, what makes you think Bethesda will fix them on the PS3 ?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    This. If you actually think Bethesda will ever fix a game completely, you are seriously a fanboy. Hell, not even mods could 100% fix Fallout 3 and New Vegas on the PC, what makes you think Bethesda will fix them on the PS3 ?
    Hope.
    It's Hope that keeps everyone's faith that Bethesda will... screw them over HA! you thought I would say fix right?

Anyways yeah I know for sure that the bugs and stuff won't be 100% gone but I'm waiting for the bigger stuff that always occurs when their games are first released.

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Lvl 5 - Silver

just glad my Plat for it is done , I got 200+ hours of gameplay from it.

The article didnt give much hope for uninterupted gameplay on large save files tho(PS3 version), it was like they simply said "oh PS3s copy will always be broken & here is why...."....pretty screwed up deal there.

My 15mb save played fine for 6-8 hours straight after the last patch tho.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

the problems will always exist for these types of games but as long as its not game breaking im fine with it, ive had one freeze and that was eighty hours or so ago, minor lag issues but nothing i cant power through, suck it up and enjoy a great game, even with the minor problems it has

PRO Member

Um... Welcome to the world of Bethesda and the Gamebryo engine?

I know they claim Skyrim runs on something different, but its still the same core engine.

This is why I refuse to ever nominate or acknowledge a Bethesda title as a truly magnificent or transcendent game. They are REALLY GOOD yes, but they stop there because they never take it to that next level and create something seamless.

The game is always interesting and fun, but never a true masterpiece.

I actually think the fact that so many people and publications fawn over Bethesda, stamping all their titles with 10/10 blindly is the real reason these problems aren't fixed.

Put yourself in Bethesda's shoes for a minute, you release a game with a bunch of bugs... It sells like hotcakes, you are getting GOTY awards out the ass and critics are handing you 10/10s. This has happened 3 times in a row now, why would you change anything? Its clear the public is willing to accept your bugs and issues, they just want new environments and stories.

This, too, is one of the primary reasons why Skyrim isn't on my list for GOTY in any category this year. The game isn't truly great, and nothing against anyone here but I'd rather have a map half this size, if it means Bethesda releases a game that is more concise and free of all major bugs.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Quartercircle Forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post

Toggle Spoiler

You just hit the nail on the head. Nothing more can be said.

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Lvl 6 - Silver

Why the heck can't they just reduce the bitflag loading by clearing/resetting everything that's not in a player or follower's inventory, player's property, every 48 hours or so ? It's gobsmackingly silly to think that every arrow I've ever shot and missed with, or every item dropped {instead of sold}, is still being stored in the game, wherever it landed.

I mean come on ... when these developers take a crap, do they even bother to wipe themselves ? That's SLOPPY design.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 12-06-2011 at 05:49 AM.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    Why the heck can't they just reduce the bitflag loading by clearing/resetting everything that's not in a player or follower's inventory, player's property, every 48 hours or so ? It's gobsmackingly silly to think that every arrow I've ever shot and missed with, or every item dropped {instead of sold}, is still being stored in the game, wherever it landed.
    yea they should have done that like they did in oblivion...where after awhile a dungeon would clear of dead bodies and such

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Kiwi Defender

Put yourself in Bethesda's shoes for a minute, you release a game with a bunch of bugs... It sells like hotcakes, you are getting GOTY awards out the ass and critics are handing you 10/10s. This has happened 3 times in a row now, why would you change anything? Its clear the public is willing to accept your bugs and issues, they just want new environments and stories.
    Just a quick correction: it has happened 4 times in a row now.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

The One and Only

Meh. I'm still getting this game despite the bugs. I'm sure it isn't game braking enough to change my mind.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The freezing and bugs (thieves guild came to a screaming hault for me which means 2nd playthrough for that) are a pain in the ass.. but as much as i love the series of Elder Scrolls game i'll continue to play even if the problems aren't resolved.

Ghost Assassin

This is why I buy the PC version instead, mods really help.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Just a quick correction: it has happened 4 times in a row now.
    What was the 4th game?

Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim.

New Vegas wasn't really developed by Bethesda.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

So when I read the post by this dude on the Bethesda website, all I really got was this:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Developer Dude
    You see, Bethesda made this thing for the PC and then they put this thing on the XBOX which is pretty much the same thing so that's cool and all, but when they tried the thing on the PS3, the PS3 interpreted the thing a little differently which makes the thing turn into crap. Now, they could have fixed the thing before hand, like five years ago, but that would've taken time so they decided to stick with the same thing and just screw about a third of their fanbase.
    No one's saying the other versions are perfect (at least I hope not), it's just that there is significantly more bad stuff on the PS3 version. I'm so torn with Skyrim. Tech issues aside I adore the game, but when I run into frame rate drops, hard freezes, texture glitches, and quest bugs, it kills the experience for me. Nothing breaks the immersion more than living in constant fear that the game could crash any second and I'd lose my progress.

This should NOT be acceptable. You (and I) are buying a product that does not function, and the fact that more people aren't mad about it is completely baffling.

What was the 4th game?

Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim.

New Vegas wasn't really developed by Bethesda.
    Would you count Morrowind? According to the 'ol Wikipedia it says it uses a version of the Gamebryo engine.

Hey, feel free to add me (Coconutz) on PSN!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast