Light and heavy armour

This is a discussion on Light and heavy armour within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; I have a small question.. Currently playing a dual wield-sneak-rogue-conjuration kinda Nord If I equip 4 light armour pieces, and ...

Quartercircle Forward.

Light and heavy armour

I have a small question..

Currently playing a dual wield-sneak-rogue-conjuration kinda Nord If I equip 4 light armour pieces, and 1 heavy (Helmet), will they both level up at the same rate? Or will heavy go slower (because I only have 1 piece equipped?). And is there a downside to this? Should I go full light?

Thanks for any answers

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Lvl 2 - Bronze

(Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.)

Your armor skills seem to go up in proportion to the damage they protect you from, so I would guess that light is going to go up a bit faster.

Advantages vs. Disadvantages? I'd say the obvious perks you'll miss out on would be the worst of it. Also, heavy armor is LOUD, so you'll be discovered quicker... And therefore your sneak will go up much more slowly.

Quartercircle Forward.

Hmmm... But the helm I have is soo cool

Only problem is, I sold my novice hood and the leather helms are ugly as f*ck. Can I buyback from a vendor..?

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART

Lvl 2 - Bronze

If you are quick enough (within a day or two in game). Some items stay forever, though, it seems. Not sure.

Personally, I'd just get some leather and smith a helm. Upgrade it and enchant it and be on your way. But... That's just me.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'm going to say this in the future any Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild armor you do gain keep. In fact keep anything guild faction even if it's useless in your house. You never know when you need it. I got my thieves guild and both Dark Brotherhood suits in my house. I did the same for the Daedric stuff minus the dagger since I use that dagger as my one shotter until I get my crafting weapons up to one swing one shot.
    Lord Fenton
    Gaming since the days of Kings Quest 3

Working On: Dungeon Defenders and Batman:AC(PS3) and Borderlands (PC Steam) til I start round 2 of my BG:EE good guy this time.
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimFenton

Lvl 10 - Platinum

the perks in the light armor skill tree are more useful if youre all in light armor, especially a matched set

Quartercircle Forward.

I saw some vids where you can easily 30x damage with a dagger... It's kind of game breaking so I prefer to go dual-wield 1h swords/maces. Only thing I don't like is light armour doesnt look as cool as heavy Ohwell, you can't get the best of both worlds I guess

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by D1mech View Post
    Only thing I don't like is light armour doesnt look as cool as heavy Ohwell, you can't get the best of both worlds I guess
    Just wait until you get the Nightingale Armour

PRO Member

If you want a cool looking light helmet use the Elven ones. I have a full armor Dwarven heavy set, but use the Elven helmet because it looks pretty sweet with the Dwarven set. If you want them to level at about the same rate, put a heavy chestplate on, and have everything else light armor. They seemed to go up the same rate for me by doing that.

Right now, I dual wield an Elven mace that absorbs health, and a Dwarven sword with a fire enchantment. I wear the heavy armor, since you can't block. If I know I need to sneak I carry light armor as well though.

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Just wait until you get the Nightingale Armour
    Yeah i have that and its friggin' cool but instead i am wearing a complete set of superior glass armor with two enchantments on all the pieces, including my glass sword and shield.

Gaming since 1985!

Dragonscale armor is pretty badass too. Hella strong, even as light armor.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Yeah i have that and its friggin' cool but instead i am wearing a complete set of superior glass armor with two enchantments on all the pieces, including my glass sword and shield.
    The Nightinggale amor was/is awesome, and can last you all the way though the entire game, if you keep upgrading it with your smithing skills and void salts, and by maxing your light armor perk tree (pay attention to the matching set and custom fit perks). I'm 51st level, and even though my light armor is only around 80 and my "agile defender" perk is only 3/5, the nightinggale set is giving me around Armor 580-600ish. It's still my go-to set.

However, with the acquisition of the "dual effects" enchanting perk, and dragonscale smithing, I'm getting ready to max out and dual-enchant a set of dragonscale armor to finally replace it. Should be pretty ungodly when it's finished.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    The Nightinggale amor was/is awesome, and can last you all the way though the entire game, if you keep upgrading it with your smithing skills and void salts, and by maxing your light armor perk tree (pay attention to the matching set and custom fit perks). I'm 51st level, and even though my light armor is only around 80 and my "agile defender" perk is only 3/5, the nightinggale set is giving me around Armor 580-600ish. It's still my go-to set.

However, with the acquisition of the "dual effects" enchanting perk, and dragonscale smithing, I'm getting ready to max out and dual-enchant a set of dragonscale armor to finally replace it. Should be pretty ungodly when it's finished.
    The dragonscale armor set isn't easy to acquire. I only have two parts of dragonscale armor and one of them is stolen. Getting all the perks and enchanting to 100 wasn't easy by the way. I literally had to get hundreds of petty and common souls gems and clothing like boots, shoes, hats etc and keep enchanting anything and everything to push the level up. Also recharging magical weapons helps push the enchanting level up, as well as training but i couldn't do enchanting training past 80. The following skills i have at 100 or above...

Light Armor (All perks completed)
    Enchanting (All perks completed)
    One handed
    Block
    Destruction

I playing furiously to get my 'smithing' skill to 100 and get all or most of the perks.

Quartercircle Forward.

I'm still not far into the game, and I think I might re-roll my character whilst I still have the chance Think I'm going 2h warrior, heavy armor, destruction, smithing, archery and probably some enchating. The dual-wield isnt realy working for me... I just mash the R1 and L1 buttons when I'm trying to melee an enemy and I can't coordinate attacks properly. I'd rather have just 1, stronger weapon with which I can also block and do more damage.

I've already spent some perks on one-handed (about 3) and seeing as I can't get them back, might as well start from the beginning. I'm still at the 2nd main quest, so I won't lose much Will it be a problem for me to sneak every so often with heavy armour..?

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    The dragonscale armor set isn't easy to acquire. I only have two parts of dragonscale armor and one of them is stolen. Getting all the perks and enchanting to 100 wasn't easy by the way. I literally had to get hundreds of petty and common souls gems and clothing like boots, shoes, hats etc and keep enchanting anything and everything to push the level up. Also recharging magical weapons helps push the enchanting level up, as well as training but i couldn't do enchanting training past 80. The following skills i have at 100 or above...

Light Armor (All perks completed)
    Enchanting (All perks completed)
    One handed
    Block
    Destruction

I playing furiously to get my 'smithing' skill to 100 and get all or most of the perks.
    To get that last 20 points of smithing, just buy up all the iron and steel ingots you can find (aside: steel weapons are much more profitable than iron, but if you're forcing your smithing skill instead of growing gold, the lower profit doesnt matter), store them in a dedicated chest in your primary property, along with your smithing gear {see my "expert tactics" thread for the details on a very useful smithing set}, and then whenever you're in town to sell off your latest haul, forge all that iron and steel (ALL OF IT) into as many daggers as you can (if you're also working on enchanting 100, enchant as many as you have soul gems for), then sell them all off for a SWEET payout (I went from 25k to 100k in fairly short order doing that) on your outbound journey (stopping off at as many towns as needed to sell it all). I took my time and did it slowly, but a dedicated effort should be able to max your Emchanting skill in an hour or two.

BTW, as much as I enjoy using it, I think the "Dual Effects" perk is WAAAAAAY too powerful, to the point where it unbalances the game if used to it's fullest effect. At the very least, they should require the use of 2 soul gems to accomplish 2 enchantments, not just the 1.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Quartercircle Forward.

No one answered my question

Does heavy armour reduce sneaking by a LOT?

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by D1mech View Post
    No one answered my question

Does heavy armour reduce sneaking by a LOT?
    Yes, but I'm not sure by exactly how much, since I went the dual-wielding lite armor route.

If you're going the heavy armor route, you'll probably want to push your default sneak perk to at least 3/5, learn the muffle spell, and if you have enchanting ability, disenchant the first sneaking boost item you find and use it to enchant some of your gear with sneak boosting ... with that, all should be well.
    Amazon Reviewer

Real Life Alchemist

Dwarven armor ftw ^^ My character runs around in the gold armor made by dwarfs even the helmet looks nice ;-)
    Probably gonna level light armor aswell for when I go for the thieves guild!