Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Glitch- quest target is already dead

This is a discussion on Glitch- quest target is already dead within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Trouble In skyrim - Kill the leader of the uttering hills camp Yeah , well the leader is already dead. ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Glitch- quest target is already dead

Trouble In skyrim - Kill the leader of the uttering hills camp
    Yeah , well the leader is already dead. I'm pretty sure I've waited 30 days for it to reset, haven't confirmed it yet though. I've cleared the dungeon so.

If this quest stops me in the companions questline Ima bust someone cap in their ass! no but seriously both companions and thieves guild has bugged.

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Lvl 7 - Gold

I hate it, when I google it for help all I get is the pc users saying "It's so easy to solve! just open the console and typ ressurect!"...

Edit: I swear first Fifa 100% pure luck trophies and now this?! I'm so on the freakin edge right now... all the bugs just decreased this games rating from 8/10 to 7,5/10
    Last edited by Walle; 12-06-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Stuck with this glitch too! This is my return visit to uttering hills camp, not sure how long its been since I first time I was there but I'm sure its been longer than thirty skyrim days!!

Lvl 7 - Gold

So nobody has a solution?

Toggle Spoiler

Nope, nothing

Did you kill him before you actually got the quest?

Lvl 5 - Silver

my Skyrim book list this quest as givin by Farkas, & the objective is to kill the leader of (random location), than says both target & location are listed as random, & it says you only need to kill the leader for completion.

Sooo...,did you in fact talk to Farkas & activate it?

& how could you have already killed said target , if its not activated until speaking with Farkas, or like the book says ,its a leader of a "random" location?

my book/guide could be wac but i hope it helps.
    I would try speaking to Farkas again(which you probably have)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I completed the quest no problem returned the necklace to Torsten Cruel Sea and completed all the Thieves guild related trophies as this quest is part of them. It just shows up as not completed in my inventory of misc quests as uncompleted and on return the quest marker is there all other bandits are there but no leader.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    my Skyrim book list this quest as givin by Farkas, & the objective is to kill the leader of (random location), than says both target & location are listed as random, & it says you only need to kill the leader for completion.

Sooo...,did you in fact talk to Farkas & activate it?

& how could you have already killed said target , if its not activated until speaking with Farkas, or like the book says ,its a leader of a "random" location?

my book/guide could be wac but i hope it helps.
    I would try speaking to Farkas again(which you probably have)
    I haven't completed all the companion quests but i have completed the thieve guild quest so I presume that the problem. I ll try finish the companion quests next.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by WJT1804 View Post
    I completed the quest no problem returned the necklace to Torsten Cruel Sea and completed all the Thieves guild related trophies as this quest is part of them. It just shows up as not completed in my inventory of misc quests as uncompleted and on return the quest marker is there all other bandits are there but no leader.
    Thieves Guild quests? Are you sure? cuz ive got The Companions Radiant Quests, Initial wave:Trouble in Skyrim listed as that in the book, with no Trouble in Skyrim listed in Thieves Guild regular or radiant quests.

saw your new post all good, maybe his location was the same as yours, the book says random,... so yea i dunno

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thieves Guild quests? Are you sure? cuz ive got The Companions Radiant Quests, Initial wave:Trouble in Skyrim listed as that in the book, with no Trouble in Skyrim listed in Thieves Guild regular or radiant quests.

saw your new post all good, maybe his location was the same as yours, the book says random,... so yea i dunno
    Yeah definitely its the Summerset Shadows one where they are the Rival Guild, there is a crossover between the locations and thats the problem I expect.

Lvl 5 - Silver

well,yea Summerset Shadows is listed as the thieves guild quest,but not trouble in skyrim,thats listed as a random location,givin by the Companions Radiant Quests, if the game glitched out and gave him a location on the Companions quest line that is in fact meant for the Thieves Guild questline......well DAMN ,that is a bad glitch.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I don't remember if I already killed him, but I probably did. I did do alittle dungeon hunting back in the pre 50 hours. and now I found the quest target, the leader of uttering hills camp is dead. He's lying on the floor naked. The quest arrow is pointing directly on is dead body.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

Idiotic fucking game, now I fucked up my gamesave so I might've to play the companions questline ALL over again.
    skyrim wiki said, attack the companions so they'll leave their'll be able to talk with. BUT NO they started attacking me even with my weapons sheated and my save is right after they've started attacking me and they don't seem to forget.

So angry at skyrim atm...

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Walle View Post
    Idiotic fucking game, now I fucked up my gamesave so I might've to play the companions questline ALL over again.
    skyrim wiki said, attack the companions so they'll leave their'll be able to talk with. BUT NO they started attacking me even with my weapons sheated and my save is right after they've started attacking me and they don't seem to forget.

So angry at skyrim atm...
    You are having a bad run of luck, are you sure you arent wearing "The Amulet of Major Misfortune" especially with the Fifa Stuff too.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

well,yea Summerset Shadows is listed as the thieves guild quest,but not trouble in skyrim,thats listed as a random location,givin by the Companions Radiant Quests, if the game glitched out and gave him a location on the Companions quest line that is in fact meant for the Thieves Guild questline......well DAMN ,that is a bad glitch.
    Just completed the Companions quest and have the trophies, checked back and I had completed "Trouble in Skyrim" very early on where I cleared out Serpents Redoubt for my quest.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Ya, having a bad run I guess. Luckily enough I had a gamesave halfway, so I managed the first part of thieves guild. So I've just poisoned the brewery, though the companions quest bugged again, I successfully avoided the old one but now I stumbled across a new bug. Will see if it solves...

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

Are you goddamn kidding me?! Second run, I started with thieves guild and I have done some in companions but now I receive a quest to clear out uttering hills camp in the thieves guild, that's fucking stupid. Why would bethesda lead 2 quests to the same target... gonna try get both quests at the same time, let's see how it goes.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

Yeah so I fixed the uttering hills camp but now I got another quest from the companions that led to a cleared camp. Thanks again bethesda.

Toggle Spoiler

Bringing the PAIN

Well I am now having a similar problem... Except my targets not dead... When I kill him and go to turn the quest in the second I enter any part of whiterun it says the quest is completed but without turning it in. Now I cant start any other missions cuz everyone says I am on one. Farkas will give me one but the person I am supposed to intimidate is a Jarl and she wont give me an option to... The fuck now?

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Trophy Guide Grand Master

I had a similar problem with one of the Dragons. I received the quest after I had already killed it and it never respawned for me to complete the mission. Mine was only a side mission though, so I feel your pain on this one....You might need to reload an old save and redo the Companions quest line once you have finished the rest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast